It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 09:54

Text Size

SVN UPDATE R230 - Necropotence (Yeah !)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

SVN UPDATE R230 - Necropotence (Yeah !)

Postby Yanna » 22 Aug 2010, 17:12

A one card release, specially for Bog Wraith ^^ It's included in 'Mono Black Control' deck

Enjoy ;)

Here you go, Way of the Warrior is now completed, please find the deck list below... As usual dowload is available at the SVN repository :)
Altought i tried to extensively test every card, there might still be bugs or side-effects, please let me know about it...

Way of the Warrior (played by Musashi Miyamoto) :

1x Bushi Tenderfoot (new card)
4x Devoted Retainer (new card)
3x Konda's Hatamoto (new card)
4x Kitsune Blademaster (new card)
4x Mothrider Samurai (new card)
1x Nagao, Bound by Honor (new card)
1x Takeno, Samurai General (new card)
2x Samurai Enforcers (new card)
1x Blessed Breath (new card)
2x Path to Exile (replacing Reciprocate)
2x Vigilance (new card)
2x Call to Glory (new card)
1x Candles' Glow (new card)
2x Indomitable Will (new card)
1x Otherworldly Journey (new card)
2x Cage of Hands (new card)
1x Hold the Line (new card)
2x No-Dachi (new card)
24x Plains

Some notes on this release :
- This is a Pre-Constructed deck from Champions of Kamigawa, it's not intended to be competitive against Top-Gear decks !
- Bushido mechnism works.
- Splice onto arcane mechanism works (using CREATURE_TYPE_PRISM for arcane spells marking).
- Flip card mechanism works, but it's slightly different (there's 2 cards instead of one flipping). You may not notice the card exchange.
- There's a minor known bug with Blessed Breath that will temporary loose its 'protection' mechanism when it is on the stack (IE = cast).
- As weird as it is, Candles' Glow is my most longer card code ( 15k, 307 lines including comments ! ).
- I'm now over 200 cards added to DOTP, bring up the champaign ! ;)

SVN R146

Added one new card :
- Sickening Dreams

Updated my Reanimator Decks to use it ^^

SVN R138

Added some new cards :
- Stasis
- Ebony Owl Netsuke
- Vedalken Mastermind
- Kismet
- Silence
- Orim's Chant (this one was a real pain to code, thought it seems easy :evil: )

Changed 'The SpellWeaver's deck to use a stasis deck (Stasis deck replaces 'Reality Bender')
Last edited by Yanna on 06 Sep 2010, 21:31, edited 6 times in total.
Yanna

Bumping the thread up !

Postby Yanna » 04 Sep 2010, 08:58

Bump :wink:
Yanna

Re: SVN UPDATE R219 (550 cards) - Way of the Warrior deck ad

Postby kevlahnota » 04 Sep 2010, 09:42

nice, i'm tinkering about your codes on bushi tenderfoot. did you override the comes into play ability? example the opponent has soul warden? if this works, then we can make land/creature(mutavault, mishra's factory,blinkmoth nexus.. etc ) =D> =D> =D>
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby kevlahnota » 04 Sep 2010, 09:59

also i'm still wondering about the reciprocate. i didn't test this code but can we filter a creature/s by using whose their target?

Code: Select all
Subject():GetPlayerAttacked() == Object():GetPlayer()
:o
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby Yanna » 04 Sep 2010, 10:33

kevlahnota wrote:nice, i'm tinkering about your codes on bushi tenderfoot. did you override the comes into play ability? example the opponent has soul warden? if this works, then we can make land/creature(mutavault, mishra's factory,blinkmoth nexus.. etc ) =D> =D> =D>
Nope, that's one of my last thing to do on the card, it will trigger soul warden every time it is flipped actually.
I'm still thinking on how to make such a mechanism. The possible solution for this would be :
- add an internal pre_trigger ability, triggering on 'Self comes into play' that sets an int in the register.
- add an internal pre_trigger ability on 'BUSHI_FLIPPED' that triggers when an ability triggers (but not from self, otherwise you'll end in an infinite loop) and the int above is set. Override the ability (if it can be done)
- add the int reset on one of the 'comes into play' trigger of 'BUSHI_FLIPPED'.

I'll try to toy around this, and as you figured out, i was also aiming to use such code for mishras or anything that can 'turn' into another card. (then i'll make functions to make future coding easier)
I'm particulary proud of the 'strip attachments' code bit, it was hard to figure out, thought it looks so simple (try to do it without 'resetting' the enchantment's target) ^^

kevlahnota wrote:also i'm still wondering about the reciprocate. i didn't test this code but can we filter a creature/s by using whose their target?
Didn't used 'GetPlayerAttacked()' yet but it's well worth the try, i'm sensing you're on the right track with this ;)
Yanna

Postby Wrathchild » 04 Sep 2010, 11:19

Bushido trigger doesn't go to stack. Not a big problem but still.
P.S. No Hand of Honor and Samurai of the Pale Curtain in the bushi deck? Now that is strange!
Wrathchild

Postby Yanna » 04 Sep 2010, 12:01

Well, i could make it go to the stack (it is actually but resolving instantly), but you'll end up waiting for all bushido triggers to 'resolve' before moving on... It can be changed thought if many people prefer it to go to the stack.

As for the cards you mentioned, remember " - This is a Pre-Constructed deck from Champions of Kamigawa " that you can find here : http://www.wizards.com/magic/displaythe ... =4&lang=en

;)
Yanna

Postby Teqweb » 04 Sep 2010, 13:12

Wow!!!!! Thanks alot. This is the deck i got for real! Woul dbe fun to test it against the other decks.
Teqweb

Re: SVN UPDATE R230 - Necropotence (Yeah !)

Postby Bog Wraith » 06 Sep 2010, 23:42

Awesome Yanna & Thank you!

One thing, a Necro deck has 4 Necropotence cards in it. Could you make a deck that removes the three Phyrexian Arena & replace them with 3 additional Necropotence?

I'm going now to play with it. Thank you for giving me my favorite card! :) 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby whismer » 06 Sep 2010, 23:50

Just Edit the deck.xml

you will see Phyrexian Arena *3

delete and correct Necropotence
whismer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Sep 2010, 01:02

That`s got it whismer, thanks. Now I have a true Necro deck!

A bug with Necropotence is that I can draw & keep more than 7 cards in my hand. I was not forced to discard down to 7.

Also it seems like the Jet Medallion failed to work as all my black spells were still costing me with their regular mana charge.

Now, am I correct in assuming that as long as I use the same UID number, I can build a deck from cards from that UID`s release this same way? If I use the xml file from that release and then substitute the card`s names for the cards I want?

If so, this might be a way around building our own decks because of the lack of the name of the cards showing up in Culka`s deck editor.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Yanna » 07 Sep 2010, 17:45

Bog Wraith wrote:A bug with Necropotence is that I can draw & keep more than 7 cards in my hand. I was not forced to discard down to 7.
It's fixed, you can make a tortoise update to get the fix ;)
Yanna

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Sep 2010, 18:12

Thank you Yanna!

----------------------------
Edit

There is still a small bug. When I have more then 7 cards and I have to discard, The next time I have to do the same thing, the same cards I discarded before show back in my hand and the game tells me I have too many cards in my hand.

It seems that when I discard those cards, they do not get removed from the game, as they should be. Also, they don't show up in the graveyard, which is correct, but I am not sure where the game puts the cards I have discarded when I do so. Regular discards like say from a Hymn to Tourach go into the graveyard and that works fine, but when I have to discard from my hand because I have more then 7 cards from using Necropotence, those cards should be removed from the game.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Yanna » 09 Sep 2010, 20:42

Bog Wraith wrote:Thank you Yanna!

It seems that when I discard those cards, they do not get removed from the game, as they should be. Also, they don't show up in the graveyard, which is correct, but I am not sure where the game puts the cards I have discarded when I do so. Regular discards like say from a Hymn to Tourach go into the graveyard and that works fine, but when I have to discard from my hand because I have more then 7 cards from using Necropotence, those cards should be removed from the game.
It's fixed now ^^ For the little explanation, when you use the necropotence ability, cards are removed from the game 'tagged' with Necropotence (this is the way i use to bring back the removed cards at end of turn). Discarded cards are also removed from the game, but if it happens that you discard a coming back card, the tag doesn't get to be cleared (hence it'll come back over and over and over).

Anyway now it should work as intended, the tag clearing is back in the code ;)
Yanna

Return to 2010