It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 07:19

Text Size

[Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work -Update 2011-08-16

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

[Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work -Update 2011-08-16

Postby RiiakShiNal » 15 Jun 2011, 02:42

NOTE: This DLC only works with DOTP 2010 and will not work with DOTP 2012.

Here is my custom mod release (all cards are real valid Magic the Gathering cards). I used number 8192 as it did not seem to be used and I liked the number. I'm not going in any order when adding cards and I may be making duplicates of cards other people have already made, but I like to try and figure it out on my own. I have added a few decks in my mod, but I added them mainly for testing purposes and none of them should be considered final. It should also be noted that I have not packed this as a "wad" simply because I could not get any of the packing tools I have to actually pack it and still have it work.

It should also be noted that I focused mainly on getting the abilities to work properly so the card borders and graphics may not be the same as the real cards. Also some of the cards refuse to show their flavour text probably due to the game thinking there isn't enough room on the card. I also have not touched any cards with mana abilities simply because I don't want that hassle yet.

The new update adds some new abilities that I had not tried before including (but not limited to) Wither, Infect, and Proliferate. Granted since the game engine does not have support for these abilities I had to make liberal use of workarounds. One example of a workaround that I had to make use of is the Poison Counter; I created a token called Poison Counter and create one for each player if they don't have one whenever any player brings out a card with infect or the possibility of infect. The Poison Counter itself is then used to by cards with infect to add Quest counters and once a Poison Counter token has 10 quest counters that player loses. Due to the complexity of adding all that in I know there are some bugs and there are probably others I do not know about.

Wither/Infect Known Issues | Open
  • Wither/Infect can cause abilities that trigger on damage being dealt to break. This is due to intercepting the damage events and overriding them while instead putting counters on the creature/Poison Counter tokens. Example: Phage the Untouchable, Sun Droplet, etc...
  • I have noticed intermittent issues with not gaining the correct amount of life from Lifelink or not having all the creatures die from Deathtouch, but have not been able to pinpoint the problem yet (it only seems to have issues when multiple creatures block a larger creature with wither/infect and lifelink/deathtouch.

Download Here:
http://www.dragonanime.org/MtG/DATA_DLC_8192 - 2011-08-16.7z

List of Cards in DLC | Open

List of Cards Added Since Last Update | Open

Cards Removed Since Last Update | Open

I have put notes next to the ones that I remember still having issues, but since I am only human there may still be some bugs/typos, so forgive me if you find one. I will be updating this mod with more cards when I make them, though I probably won't post updates that often to keep the time spent uploading to a minimum (it takes me forever to upload large files). I may also be slow to respond to posts, since I'm looking mainly at the cards (on Gatherer) rather than on the forums here.

Download Here:
http://www.dragonanime.org/MtG/DATA_DLC_8192 - 2011-08-16.7z

Older Downloads (Here in case you don't want to use the newest version or you want to investigate what changed between versions of a card in multiple releases.):
http://www.dragonanime.org/MtG/DATA_DLC_8192 - 2011-06-14.7z
Last edited by RiiakShiNal on 22 Aug 2011, 17:55, edited 3 times in total.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work

Postby Huggybaby » 15 Jun 2011, 19:46

Very cool, thanks RiiakShiNal!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby conundrum » 16 Jun 2011, 02:02

Looks great, waiting for the upload :D
conundrum

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Jun 2011, 02:16

conundrum wrote:Looks great, waiting for the upload :D
It already was uploaded, the link is at the bottom of the first post (I didn't post until it had finished uploading). Though maybe the link could have been more clearly marked (this has been rectified).
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Shatterhouse » 16 Jun 2011, 04:01

Wow, that looks like a lot of stuff. Good work.

FYI, hybrid mana(Esper Stormblade, et al) is bugged. Sometimes it doesn't take spend any mana when paying for a hybrid cost. Nothing that'll crash your game, though, and it's not your fault. It was bugged before the game was released, which I'm guessing is why the developers didn't use it for anything.
Shatterhouse

Postby RiiakShiNal » 16 Jun 2011, 13:22

Shatterhouse wrote:Wow, that looks like a lot of stuff. Good work.

FYI, hybrid mana(Esper Stormblade, et al) is bugged. Sometimes it doesn't take spend any mana when paying for a hybrid cost. Nothing that'll crash your game, though, and it's not your fault. It was bugged before the game was released, which I'm guessing is why the developers didn't use it for anything.
I did not know that hybrid mana was bugged, but I did note that nothing in the game seemed to use it. When I created Esper Stormblade I wasn't even sure it would work (I was actually amazed when I saw the dual mana symbols in the textures directory) so I tested every mana combination I could think of and it would only let me cast it with the correct combinations of Blue & White and Blue & Black. I have not yet tried any of the cards with more complex hybrid casting options (which is probably why I haven't run across the bug you are referring to.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Shatterhouse » 16 Jun 2011, 23:35

It's bugged in a couple different ways. The first way can't affect Esper Stormblade because it only has one hybrid mana symbol. But Unmake can't be cast if you have 2 Plains and a Swamp available, even though it normally could be.

The bug you might run into will be seen if you have lots of extra land untapped. Esper Stormblade might only end up costing you 1 mana.
Shatterhouse

Postby RiiakShiNal » 18 Jun 2011, 15:10

I have managed to reproduce the second bug you talked about with the hybrid mana symbols. If there is an untapped Island, Plains, and Swamp it will only tap the Island for Esper Stormblade. So it seems that if both casting options are available for something with hybrid mana it will neglect to tap any land for the hybrid symbols.

In my next release I will comment out Esper Stormblade since it will not be possible to make it work like it should.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Re: [Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work -Update 2011-0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 17 Aug 2011, 00:40

Just a quick post to let people know that I have updated this release. (Some people simply look for new messages instead of checking out the title to see if something has changed.)

First post has been updated and cleaned up I am now using spoiler tags to hide the lists so people don't have to look at the very long lists. (Release is now at about 470 cards.)
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby whismer » 18 Aug 2011, 00:20

I put it on my DOTP rep but doesn't see anything in the game?

Does I need to do something else? (like enable the cheat menu...?)

I want to add card to the rep with picture but i didn't see the deck in the deck manager

I have the Kev Mod and Casper DLC_1111
whismer

Postby whismer » 18 Aug 2011, 20:50

ok I understand that it's for 2010 !

Sorry
whismer

Postby SimUser » 20 Aug 2011, 11:13

Sadly these cards won't load in the DOTP Deck Editor, any ideas how this can be fixed?
SimUser

Postby nabeshin » 21 Aug 2011, 07:51

SimUser wrote:Sadly these cards won't load in the DOTP Deck Editor, any ideas how this can be fixed?
replace utility_ability with someone else
nabeshin

Postby SimUser » 22 Aug 2011, 13:45

nabeshin wrote:
SimUser wrote:Sadly these cards won't load in the DOTP Deck Editor, any ideas how this can be fixed?
replace utility_ability with someone else
Sorry I don't follow, I don't think the utility_ability stuff is why it won't load though. It references ss being an undeclared namespace. Line 6, position 29 in each of the %_CARD_TEXT_8192.XML files.
SimUser

Postby RiiakShiNal » 22 Aug 2011, 17:52

SimUser wrote:Sorry I don't follow, I don't think the utility_ability stuff is why it won't load though. It references ss being an undeclared namespace. Line 6, position 29 in each of the %_CARD_TEXT_8192.XML files.
This DLC is for DOTP 2010 (not 2012) there are several differences in how to build cards for the different games including how to pass integer/references between abilities. The error being referenced is due to an intrinsic change in how cards are built. DOTP 2010 uses separate XML files for card text while DOTP 2012 integrates the card text into the card XML directly. There is no utility that I know of that can convert cards from DOTP 2010 to DOTP 2012 (though there might be one I don't know of).

I currently have no plans to either convert the cards I have created to DOTP 2012 or to start creating cards for DOTP 2012. First post will be updated to clearly show that these cards are for DOTP 2010.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Next

Return to 2010