It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 12:56

Text Size

[Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work -Update 2011-08-16

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work -Update 2011-0

Postby SimUser » 23 Aug 2011, 00:57

RiiakShiNal wrote:
SimUser wrote:Sorry I don't follow, I don't think the utility_ability stuff is why it won't load though. It references ss being an undeclared namespace. Line 6, position 29 in each of the %_CARD_TEXT_8192.XML files.
This DLC is for DOTP 2010 (not 2012) there are several differences in how to build cards for the different games including how to pass integer/references between abilities. The error being referenced is due to an intrinsic change in how cards are built. DOTP 2010 uses separate XML files for card text while DOTP 2012 integrates the card text into the card XML directly. There is no utility that I know of that can convert cards from DOTP 2010 to DOTP 2012 (though there might be one I don't know of).

I currently have no plans to either convert the cards I have created to DOTP 2012 or to start creating cards for DOTP 2012. First post will be updated to clearly show that these cards are for DOTP 2010.
I understand that it is for DOTP 2010 (as far as I know there is no Deck Building program for 2012 at this point), I also see card text errors when I build custom decks by making XML deck files by hand. For Example Helm of Awakening's card text says:

Undefined String
***HELM_OF_AWAKENING_RULE_1***
Undefined String
***HELM_OF_AWAKENING_FLAVOUR***

Even the title and card types say these types of errors.
SimUser

Re: [Release] DLC 8192 - Riiak Shi Nal's Work -Update 2011-0

Postby RiiakShiNal » 01 Sep 2011, 23:10

SimUser wrote:I understand that it is for DOTP 2010 (as far as I know there is no Deck Building program for 2012 at this point), I also see card text errors when I build custom decks by making XML deck files by hand. For Example Helm of Awakening's card text says:

Undefined String
***HELM_OF_AWAKENING_RULE_1***
Undefined String
***HELM_OF_AWAKENING_FLAVOUR***

Even the title and card types say these types of errors.
When you build a deck you need to make sure you use the correct DATASET. If you use the DATASET "RiiakShiNal" then you will be able to use all of the cards I created and those from the original game and the official expansions without problem. However, if you try to mix cards that I created and those from Custom DLC 1111, then you will have to create a DATASET that will pull the text from both DLCs. If you use DATASETs from the original game (without modification) then virtually all the cards I have created will show "Undefined String". The strings are all stored in separate text files, which can be found the appropriate TEXT_DUELTIME, TEXT_RESIDENT, or TEXT_PERMANENT directory.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Previous

Return to 2010