It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 09:54

Text Size

[08/08/2011] DOTP 2012 MOD Released !

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: [08/08/2011] DOTP 2012 MOD Released !

Postby CWheezy » 10 Aug 2011, 11:06

kevlahnota wrote:
CWheezy wrote:
Titan Ramp unlocks after you beat tezzeret with tinker deck, reanimator unlocks after you beat nicol bolas with sweet dreams deck. well, I can say its not lame bacause it's not fun winning most of the time and takes away the challenge from the other decks. I think in the next patch will be more powerful decks for the AI so we can add more power decks for the player to have a much balance feel.
Well if the deck was not fun to play then the players would not play it.

If it is a single player game, it seems pointless to play to win against the cpu. If every match was a stomp, might as well play other decks.

I think more options to explore in the game just adds more fun
CWheezy

Postby Xenocyde » 10 Aug 2011, 13:59

Awesome work kev! GJ! I dig the reanimator deck, it's bonkers. What of planeswalker cards? Are they hard to code? In-game PW cards would be so cool.
Xenocyde

Postby gramkin » 10 Aug 2011, 14:38

God that Venser deck is so messed up =)
Note to self: do the maths before casting double Rite of Replication on Precursor Golem. 4,059,078 Golems almost cost me a new CPU.
gramkin

Postby ptisan35700 » 10 Aug 2011, 16:56

Deus Leonis wrote:i cant seem to unlock a few of your new decks.
ive beaten them and have seen the prompt indicating ive unlocked them but when i restart the game and check the deck manager they're locked again.
ill try editing the wad and make them all (always_available="true") and hope it doesnt fuck up my game.

is there a way to repack the Data Core WAD without its file size blowing to 1g+?
I don't know if this is related to your issue, but I had to run the game as Administrator for my progress to be saved. I found out the hard way when I tried to unlock as much as I could the first time and had to start over the next time :cry: .
ptisan35700

Postby MerzZz » 10 Aug 2011, 19:13

Great kev!
Can i launch game through steam or i'll get a vac ban?
MerzZz

Postby Deus Leonis » 10 Aug 2011, 19:41

ptisan35700 wrote:
ive beaten them and have seen the prompt indicating ive unlocked them but when i restart the game and check the deck manager they're locked again.
ill try editing the wad and make them all (always_available="true") and hope it doesnt fuck up my game.

is there a way to repack the Data Core WAD without its file size blowing to 1g+?
I don't know if this is related to your issue, but I had to run the game as Administrator for my progress to be saved. I found out the hard way when I tried to unlock as much as I could the first time and had to start over the next time :cry: .
tried that still doesnt save the decks unlocking.
basically i cant save any decks that ive unlocked in the new Ultimate campaign.
it locks the decks again as soon as i relaunch the application.
but the Ultimate campaign progress is saved
(the opponents that i've beaten are still marked as beaten)
but their respective decks are relocked.
ive tried all i know and learned here but still no joy so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
Deus Leonis

Postby THGFresh » 10 Aug 2011, 22:45

ive tried all i know and learned here but still no joy so if anyone can help i would really appreciate it.
Yeah same problem except it only with certain decks (illusions force, cheezy goblins) and golbin deck is one of my favs.

BUGS/ISSUES:-

KOTH Normal and Ultimate challenge does not unlock decks

All decks unlocked, yet when restart game all/certain decks are locked again

When using a card with exalted it adds +1/+1 for every attacking creature, if you only have one attacking creature and other two have attacking monsters (more noticeable in Archenemy gamemode)

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW
THGFresh

Postby kevlahnota » 11 Aug 2011, 06:04

THGFresh wrote:Yeah same problem except it only with certain decks (illusions force, cheezy goblins) and golbin deck is one of my favs.

BUGS/ISSUES:-

KOTH Normal and Ultimate challenge does not unlock decks

All decks unlocked, yet when restart game all/certain decks are locked again

When using a card with exalted it adds +1/+1 for every attacking creature, if you only have one attacking creature and other two have attacking monsters (more noticeable in Archenemy gamemode)

THAT IS ALL FOR NOW
Thanks for the bug report/s.
kevlahnota
Programmer

Postby THGFresh » 11 Aug 2011, 08:46

No problem any chance you can make tezzert harder opponent, i played him 3 times and each al he got out was a 0 mana creature drop, he had like 7 artifects on the side be they was to help him if he got creatures, maybe if you could put more 1,2,3 mana drops in the deck it could be harder

Æther Vial - each turn you get a charge counter, each charge counter acts as a mana, you can pick a creature from your hand depending on number of charge counters

Alloy Myr - helps ramp up your bigger artifects and only a 2 mana drop

Angel's Trumpet - good for people who use elves deck or U/G deck and have lots of tokens forces them to attack or they lose life

I will try and find more bugs and issues and if i do i will post them here, oh one last thing any chance when you build some more decks you could throw in an infect deck, i have never got chance to used one and would like to see what it is like
THGFresh

Postby gramkin » 11 Aug 2011, 11:17

A couple more bugs:

Phantasmal Image copy of Mother of Runes died after I tried to give pro-something to some other creature.
Phantasmal Image copy of Wing Splicer still gives flying to a golem token, mindcontrolled by opponent.
(not sure what happened here) AI sacrificed the white Quest with >5 counters, no equipment came into play, and his Squadron Hawk died.

some annoying AI glitches:
AI does not consider Mother of Runes' ability in decision tree. Sometimes it gives protection to something at random, but mostly treats it as 1/1 vanilla creature.
Tezzeret tries to play double Tolarian Academies every time. The result pretty much resembles the fate of "real" Tolaria =)
gramkin

Postby THGFresh » 11 Aug 2011, 13:01

I found another a bug, dont know if this is game or your mod but say if i have lands out that add mana to my pool, and i have no coloured mana in play it will skip my phase unless i click stop.

Another problem is this replication deck it seems that when things get out of hand stuff like this happens

Oh yeah look at all my creatures

http://i51.tinypic.com/2mq2q8i.jpg

Yeah easily going to do about 2000 damage to this dude

http://i56.tinypic.com/2qv5vnd.jpg

I dont know if this because of a bug within game or it my fault for been stupid and going OTT with replication
Oh dayum as if that happened

http://i54.tinypic.com/24q60w8.jpg
THGFresh

Postby zentynel » 11 Aug 2011, 14:40

Deus Leonis wrote:
ptisan35700 wrote:

If you have the SKIDROW version, the exe file with the kev pack don´t work. don´t save games. you need SKIDROW exe file hex edit to play saving games.

to repack use Wadprogram, it makes files under 1gb.

bye
zentynel

Postby ptisan35700 » 11 Aug 2011, 17:00

The three decks for me that don't get their unlock saved upon completion are the ones that touch the middle circle in the 'Ultimate' matches, Cheezy Goblins, Illusionary Forces, and Boros. You already mention Strength of Stone above somewhere, so I don't know if it fits into this pattern of not.

Maybe it matters, maybe it doesn't.

I also put the patch on top of Skidrow's version. The games save if you run it as administrator.
ptisan35700

Postby zentynel » 11 Aug 2011, 21:14

True, if you run as administrator leaves save games.

you can unlock the decks adding records to hand in DATA_PC/DATA_REQUIRED/CONFIG/
files _PREPPED_APPID_LINKING and APPID_LINKING
zentynel

Postby ptisan35700 » 12 Aug 2011, 01:39

I also noticed that I don't have enough time to counter instants in the mod - they resolve pretty much instantly. I do have my settings to manually resolve spell effects and combat damage, as well has enabling 'Hold Priority'.
ptisan35700

PreviousNext

Return to 2012