It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 12:40

Text Size

BloodReyvyn's Mods Final Version 3.2 (25 Decks)

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

BloodReyvyn's Mods Final Version 3.2 (25 Decks)

Postby BloodReyvyn » 24 May 2013, 13:57

Well, I didn't actually plan to make another 2013 release, but since I have been making so many cards, I wanted to use some of them for decks which brings us to this MASSIVE update from 13 to 24 decks. Most of the existing decks have been gone over again with a better mana-to-spell ratio and most of the decks are on the slightly more powerful side, but still adhere to a theme and thus can have key drawbacks in an attempt to maintain balance.

All of the decks have 10 promo unlocks, so you can edit them to some degree to change the way they play if you wish or leave all 10 in and play with the 75-card version, which is equally entertaining imo.

Obviously, I removed all of the seperate headers so that people would not need to load so many different images when they came to my post here and adopted the single header type used by thefiremind and Scion of Darkness, as I think it well-represents the contents of the entire mod in a single image.

DECKS LIST

Denizens of Darkness

A simple aggro black deck using Korlash for mana-ramp. Originally a simple aggro deck, it was so close to being a zombie deck that I redesigned it to be just so. I kept in Disciple of Bolas as the major card drawing engine and added a few demons to help balance its weakness to flying-heavy decks.

Maelstrom Mastery

This deck's focal point is Maelstrom Wanderer, although it is very easy to play even without them. I redisigned the mana curve for this deck to play a little more fair and balanced. Despite the removal of some of the more powerful duplicate spells, this deck is still quite powerful.

Heaven's Fury

This deck hasn't changed very much, but the mana curve is definitely better with the slight changes. It is a combination of burn, life gain, and focuses mainly on Angels with the assistance of a few Devils, Hellrider and Vexing Devil.

Heartless Aggression

One of the prime interactions is using Heartless Summoning to put out Primordial Hydra for cheap early on so they grow to quite a threat with the extra +1/+1 counters on them in only a few turns. With a bit of tweaking and substituting a few cards here and there, the mana curve is much better this time around and more fun spells abound.

Artificer Prodigy

This deck is mostly colorless using most of its colored mana only to cast Mishra himself. With a few tweaks, I swapped out the Moxes for some other fun artifact spells. This deck is extremely powerful against the stock decks, so be warned that it may be a short game if you go up against them.

Enduring Angels

I wanted to try my hand at making a mono-white reanimation deck for a while and this is the final result. Mono-white reanimating life-gaining angels using Anvil of Bogarden and Trading Post as discard outlets. Not a lot of changes here, but I did tweak a couple of things.

Gravebourne Vengeance

This deck is basically a ramped-up version of Eons of Evil from the original DotP. There are a lot of same-y cards and just as many new ones. I added a few new cards and removed a couple of unnecessary duplicates.

Thought Erasure

This deck is uses lifegain and control elements to buy enough time to reduce your opponents library to nothing in due time. Lots of changes to make this deck run more efficiently.

Mind Extraction

A much faster discard deck than any of the previous Liliana stock decks. I revamped a great deal of things in this deck, making it play much faster and capable of reducing your opponents to top-decking rather quickly.

Malevolent Mages

An interesting mix of Aggro, Burn, and some control elements focusing around wizards of all sorts. Not many changes to this deck as of the final update.

Flayers of the Flesh

This deck is very focused around Flayer of the Hatebound and reanimation spells. This deck is quite effective at getting massive creatures out in decent time and dealing damage as they come into play.

Firemind's Fury

Lead by Niv-Mizzet himself, this squadron of Blue and Red dragons will give you a welcome change of pace from the other dragon decks. Very few changes were needed in this deck, though I did take out a couple of cards to make room for a few more lands.

Forbidden Rituals

This Lich-themed deck has had a major overhaul, adding in quite a few different cards and adding a tad more control. It is still a combo-themed deck meant to be played as a suicide deck right until you can drop Lich and turn your low life total into true power.

Conclave Cooperation

This G/W token-themed deck is quite fun to play, but seems to get quite out of hand quite quickly if left to its own devices. Be aware it is quite powerful when playing against the computer... and sometimes seems more powerful when the computer is playing it.

Cull the Weak

This G/R/B aggro deck's main function is to get creatures out and keep swinging, only pausing to put out stronger creatures that you can sacrifice the weaker ones to, either to buff up other creatures or just to fling them right at your opponent's face with Bloodshot Cyclops.

Elementary Elementals

A very basic R/G/U Elemental Aggro deck.

Faces of Death

This G/B/U deck revolves around creatures who either have Deathtouch or triggered abilities that outright destroy blockers and creatures blocked by them while your spells will force them to block your relentless assault. Featuring Damia, Sage of Stone as a centerpiece. (Note: I had to approximate the skip untap part, so cards like Maralen of the Mornsong will still trigger.

The Game of Life

A Black and White life gain and life loss themed deck. This deck thrives on life gain, but thrives even more on your opponents losing life.

Guided Evolution

A +1/+1 counter G/U deck. This deck is very fast and very capable of getting a LOT of card advantage. Be careful or you just may deck yourself before landing that killing blow.

Hex Lock

This deck is a bit of an odd one, it is an artifact and enchantment based control deck focusing on the interaction between Decree of Silence and Hex Parasite, but also utilizes Proliferate mechanics with Golem Foundry and Titan Forge to get out an army of metal men to crush your opponents. (Note: There is an issue with the proliferate mechanic in which it will put additional counters on Decree of Silence. As well, there is an issue when going against the AI with Decree of Silence on the battlefield, the computer will refuse to play or will play only one spell every once in a while.)

Relentless Stampede

I really liked Garruk's mono-green decks, but they always seemed underpowered to me. This deck is my attempt to give Garruk something of true power to wield.

Shadows and Flame

This deck consists of Assassins (a few new ones including Kiku, Night's Flower) and burn spells. Use your assassins' innate abilities to kill to keep your opponents' creatures in check so you can swing and burn your way to victory without mercy. Sadistic Glee also makes an appearance to give you an opportunity to make your assassins truly large and dangerous.

Splinter Alarm

Out of principle I never play Intruder Alarm or Splinter Twin in any of my RL decks, they are simply too easy to combo with. So, I made a deck to mess around with those two cards in particular. Let me just say, this deck is NOT intended to be fair in the least and will mostly dominate unless you get really mana or color screwed. All of the creatures use tap for damage or tap for token abilities, making this an infinite damage engine in many different ways.

The Expendables

Another artifact deck, but this time in mono red. Loaded with expendable artifacts to sac to larger ones in conjunction with smaller creatures to sac to larger ones (or sac the big ones for big damage). The deck focuses on a balance of risk vs reward... At times this deck can seem underwhelming, but most of the time you have lots of different decisions to make each turn, which makes this one of my favorite mono red decks, not because it melts your opponents' faces in two turns but because it has a lot of diversity to it while being a pretty straightforward burn and beatdown deck.

NEW!!! Shadowborn Covenant

A mono black demon deck featuring a couple of the new cards from M14: Shadowborn Apostle and Shadowborn Demon, for those who can't wait to try these cards in DotP2014... Like me apparently. Actually, I just wanted to test their usefulness... and am still kind of on the fence about the Apostle. Demon is a BEAST... oh wait, still a Demon... :lol:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Decks are all open to criticism and suggestions, so feel free to comment and let me know how much I suck at making decks. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Special thanks and credits go out to the modders listed below, without which this would have taken a heck of a lot longer to release.

REQUIRED CONTENT: Riiak Shi Nal, thefiremind, blindwillow, sumomole, drleg3nd's mods, Scion of Darkness's and the community mod. (You should have these anyway because they rock. If you have cards not showing up or you notice I left someone out, let me know, I want to give these artists their due credit.)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.dropbox.com/s/9sx2yoxdjdrqm ... odsV32.zip

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by BloodReyvyn on 15 Jun 2013, 06:54, edited 14 times in total.
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Re: BloodReyvyn's Mods v1.0 (4 Decks)

Postby Master Necro » 24 May 2013, 14:05

Congratulations on the firs release and my there be many more. =D> =D> =D> :)
Master Necro

Postby BloodReyvyn » 24 May 2013, 14:08

Thanks man, I hope so. Trying to think of themes no one has already done, as I think some of these are pretty similar to others'. As a matter of fact Maelstrom Mastery was inspired by Chaos Reigns :).
"There's an experience worse than blindness - it's the certainty that your vision is perfect and the horror that there's no world around you to see."
BloodReyvyn

Postby Master Necro » 24 May 2013, 14:13

BloodReyvyn wrote:Thanks man, I hope so. Trying to think of themes no one has already done, as I think some of these are pretty similar to others'. As a matter of fact Maelstrom Mastery was inspired by Chaos Reigns :).
The important thing is that you make decks that you like nothing else matters, :)
Master Necro

Postby Scion of Darkness » 26 May 2013, 20:55

Congrats pal love your denizens deck ;) monoblack decks and slivers are my favorite
Scion of Darkness

Postby BloodReyvyn » 26 May 2013, 21:23

Thanks man. My favorites are pretty much anything with black, and who doesn't like slivers? lol

Admittedly, the new slivers are kind of lame... Slivers you control? *mumblemumble* And they look like damn phyrexians... ugh... /endrant

Glad you like the deck. Hopefully I can get more done before DotP2014 comes out. :lol:
BloodReyvyn

Postby Scion of Darkness » 26 May 2013, 22:04

i dont want to spoil your thread with off topic hehehe but they look like praetors like Urabrask im really not a huge fan of the new artwork but slivers will always be slivers there's no way i couldn't love them hehehe its the only deck i keep from paper days from centuries ago anyway keep the good work
Scion of Darkness

Postby Jorlap » 27 May 2013, 06:22

I think I found a glitch. Whenever i try to play "Seraph Sanctuary", on the angels deck, the game crashes.
Jorlap

Postby BloodReyvyn » 27 May 2013, 17:09

I haven't been able to replicate this crash. I am looking into it, just posting so you know I saw the post and am not just avoiding you ;).
BloodReyvyn

Postby BloodReyvyn » 28 May 2013, 16:15

Okay, so I looked around and played quite a few matches with the deck, but I don't get any crashing. The Seraph Sanctuary is actually from DECK_1999_Core.wad (can't remember off the top of my head whose mod that is :oops:), so first I would check that you have that mod in your install directory. However, I did copy that .xml in the wad so, theoretically, the cards should work if you don't have that mod installed, it would just be missing artwork.

Another way to check it out might be to see if you can browse the deck in the deck editor in game. If it crashes from there, you may need to re-download the file. If not, you can see if the card has any art on it and if not, you will need to get the other .wad.

If the above doesn't work, let me know so I can attempt to find the problem.
BloodReyvyn

Postby thefiremind » 28 May 2013, 18:03

BloodReyvyn wrote:However, I did copy that .xml in the wad so, theoretically, the cards should work if you don't have that mod installed, it would just be missing artwork.
This is not always true and in this case I'm sure it's not: 1999 is the number that identifies my mod and my Seraph Sanctuary uses a function that allows it to produce mana of an unused color instead of colorless so that you can use CTRL to choose whether or not to use that land (you can't do that with colorless mana, the game would force you to use it no matter what). That function is in a LOL file, and without that LOL file, Seraph Sanctuary is a card that has mana abilities to be granted without having one active, which makes the game crash.

In short, you need my mod installed for that card to work.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby BloodReyvyn » 28 May 2013, 21:02

Ah, so that makes sense. I don't know why anyone wouldn't have your mod installed. Your decks pwn. lol
BloodReyvyn

Re: BloodReyvyn's Mods v2.0 (9 Decks) Updated 5/28/13

Postby BloodReyvyn » 29 May 2013, 04:05

Massive update with 9 new decks and hopefully all problems with the land pools fized. Enjoy! :)
BloodReyvyn

Re: BloodReyvyn's Mods v2.0 (13 Decks) Updated 5/28/13

Postby thefiremind » 29 May 2013, 08:12

BloodReyvyn wrote:(Although for some reason whoever coded the card coded the Flayer to deal the damage, but I chalked it up to engine limitations)
The damage comes correctly from the creature, it's just the fireball animation that starts from the Flayer.
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Re: BloodReyvyn's Mods v2.1 (13 Decks) Updated 5/29/13

Postby BloodReyvyn » 29 May 2013, 14:51

Version 2.1 is up with the blue card removed from the discard deck. :oops:
BloodReyvyn

Next

Return to 2013