Text Size

Spellshaper Deck

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Spellshaper Deck

Postby Ratava » 26 Jul 2013, 10:19

daenon611 wrote:

Nice Idea, but ... it's old, when its up. :-(
There are many mod's many times updated. :-(
drleg3nd wrote:yea it is a really good idea but if you wanna do this ya have to update regularly.. maybe once a week
yeah i know
the mods above inlcude all updates till this morning 9 am

that was my first big package

normally once a day i put only the updated mods in one archive
and send it to my friends

so the only thing they have to do
is to extract it to their game-folder an overwrite the existing files
Ratava

Postby fallenangle » 27 Jul 2013, 00:30

HUGE Thanks to Ratava for his effort, but the deck still doesn't work for me. It always appears in the Deck Editor as D14Spellshapers, Color Not Defined, with Prefix 1084. No matter what I try to do I can't get any of the cards from the deck that are not in the base 2014 set to appear in-game. Is there anything else I can try? Would it be possible for someone to make a "Core Wad" for the deck that might make it work properly? Any help or ideas you might have would be very much appreciated.

Thanks again for everything to everyone who has tried to help me with this.
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 27 Jul 2013, 03:29

Would anyone by chance be kind enough to tell me how to make a core wad for the data for this deck, or to put it in a content pack other than the one where it currently goes (its ID is 1084)? I still can't seem to get it to work, no matter how many times I download the wad.

Thanks for all your help.
fallenangle

Postby East Bay » 27 Jul 2013, 16:10

fallenangle wrote:Would anyone by chance be kind enough to tell me how to make a core wad for the data for this deck, or to put it in a content pack other than the one where it currently goes (its ID is 1084)? I still can't seem to get it to work, no matter how many times I download the wad.

Im not familiar with the deck editor but you can easily make a new core wad out of any existing one just change the path to the root folder example:

Code: Select all
DATA_DLC_SPELL_SHAPERS/DATA_DLC_SPELL_SHAPERS/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/MAIN

change to anything you want

DATA_DLC_YOUR_DECK_NAME/DATA_DLC_YOUR_DECK_NAME/DATA_ALL_PLATFORMS/MAIN
then you just need to edit the @header.xml and the deck.xml and change the deck id#
and you have to add more to the deck.xml for theta, skidrow and ipad versions (mine only supports steam)
East Bay

Postby fallenangle » 27 Jul 2013, 22:37

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "adding more" to the Skidrow and Theta versions (is there really a theta version already?). All I want to do is make the deck playable for the Skidrow version (which I have). Any advice or suggestions you might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

fallenangle

Postby East Bay » 28 Jul 2013, 15:58

fallenangle wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by "adding more" to the Skidrow and Theta versions (is there really a theta version already?). All I want to do is make the deck playable for the Skidrow version (which I have). Any advice or suggestions you might have for me would be greatly appreciated.

can you try this?
Attachments
DATA_DLC_SPELL_SHAPERS.rar
(6.36 MiB) Downloaded 231 times
East Bay

Postby fallenangle » 29 Jul 2013, 01:03

Thanks for your quick reply. I tried using the file you uploaded, but it still had the same issues as the previous ones I tried. I noticed that in most of your uploads, everything is in only 2 folders, "Art Assets" and "AI Personalities." I think part of my problem is that there is no "Cards" folder in your WAD, so the game doesn't have anywhere to read the data from besides the basic game data folder (the only card from which you use is Terramorphic Expanse). Would it be possible for you to upload a version of your WAD that sorts the data into the same folders as those used by Riiak's Deckbuilder (i.e., at least AI Personalities, Art Assets, Cards, Decks, and Unlocks [if you upload the version with the sideboard])? I know that's a lot to ask, so if that isn't convenient, then maybe I could trouble you to upload a "Cards" Wad for your deck the way some of the other modders have done? Whatever you decide to do, thank you very much for all of your patience and willingness to help me get a chance to try out your awesome deck.

fallenangle

Postby East Bay » 29 Jul 2013, 18:27

fallenangle wrote:Thanks for your quick reply. I tried using the file you uploaded, but it still had the same issues as the previous ones I tried. I noticed that in most of your uploads, everything is in only 2 folders, "Art Assets" and "AI Personalities." I think part of my problem is that there is no "Cards" folder in your WAD, so the game doesn't have anywhere to read the data from besides the basic game data folder (the only card from which you use is Terramorphic Expanse). Would it be possible for you to upload a version of your WAD that sorts the data into the same folders as those used by Riiak's Deckbuilder (i.e., at least AI Personalities, Art Assets, Cards, Decks, and Unlocks [if you upload the version with the sideboard])? I know that's a lot to ask, so if that isn't convenient, then maybe I could trouble you to upload a "Cards" Wad for your deck the way some of the other modders have done? Whatever you decide to do, thank you very much for all of your patience and willingness to help me get a chance to try out your awesome deck.

I left the unpacked folders so you can look through them if you need. I will try to take a look at the deck editor later.
Attachments
WADS.rar
(13.06 MiB) Downloaded 248 times
East Bay

Postby fallenangle » 30 Jul 2013, 04:43

I tried using the WADS you sent, and they still didn't work for me. The deck also seems to be a little different from your original build. Did you update it?

I can't seem to get the Deck Editor to recognize any of the cards from the wad, even after I put each unpacked wad inside its proper place in the Custom Deck folder. I really have no idea why it doesn't work for me, since it seems like I should have all of the files I need. If you don't mind and have time, maybe you can try using Riiak's Deckbuilder and seeing what the problem is? Maybe Riiak has some ideas. I'm totally at a loss to explain why this isn't working for me.

Sorry for the bother, and thank you again for all of your kind help and patience.
fallenangle

Postby fallenangle » 30 Jul 2013, 10:35

FINALLY figured it out, and now have both versions of your deck working perfectly! The problem was in the Deck ID number: 1084. Because Riiak's Deck Builder uses 1000 as the default deck prefix, whatever I tried to make in this range that already used a number beginning with 1000 wouldn't save. By increasing the ID prefix to 1003, making a new custom folder and putting everything in it, I got both versions of your deck to appear and work in-game. Thanks so much for your awesome work, and for your equally awesome willingness to help me out in making it playable.
fallenangle

Previous

Return to 2014