It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:02

Text Size

Request to everyone.

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Request to everyone.

Postby Alipheese » 28 Feb 2015, 07:23

I have still been having problems with my journey to getting all these mods working on Magic 2014. I dont want to flood this board everytime I have a problem.I wanted to know if anyone here who is experienced with this has skype or something of that nature. I really want to get some games going with friends but I want to get this working with all the problems understood by me. If anyone would like to help me like that I would LOVE it. Thank you :)
Alipheese

Re: Request to everyone.

Postby Zambooo » 28 Feb 2015, 11:41

what MODs have you installed?
also, have you installed the dynamic patcher wrapper DLL? it is fondamental tu use any mod here... http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=10896
Zambooo

Postby Alipheese » 28 Feb 2015, 18:48

Zambooo wrote:what MODs have you installed?
also, have you installed the dynamic patcher wrapper DLL? it is fondamental tu use any mod here... http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=99&t=10896
I do, its one of the first things I got. Right now I have about 444+ files so far including the community wad core and the community wad arts as well (That one took long to dl). I also got all the downloads from here:

viewtopic.php?f=109&t=15783

The only one I couldn't get was SweetLu's first link. All the details were on that page but no download link. I also downloaded the auto updater which has an error as well but apparently that's going to be fixed today. I do have an updated error log. Its right here:

https://www.mediafire.com/?5zo122obgusj200

This one has been updated. If you wish I could also take a picture of all the files I have in my root folder too.
Alipheese

Postby Zambooo » 28 Feb 2015, 19:57

well first of all if you update the Community Was you should get ride of some of those offers (most are my faults LOL)
when you get an error like
Code: Select all
Unable to load card: [CARDNAME]_[MULTIVERSEID].xml in DATA_XXX_XXX
it means that the cards was not coded properly, and maybe you'd better get rid of those wad files (the ones named "DATA_XXX_XXX" in the script log
when it wrote something like this instead
Code: Select all
2/28/2015 1:45:54 PM: Low: Can't find referenced card: TAINTED_AETHER_1947025643 for deck D14_194701_MUTILATION in Data_Decks_194701_MUTILATION
instead it means you are missing the .xml file of some cards (in this cade TAINTED_AETHER_1947025643) that are part of a deck (in this case Data_Decks_194701_MUTILATION). Probably you didn't download ALL the files necessary for those Decks.
IMO you donwload too much stuff in once and missed parts of it. Also you download something
Zambooo

Postby Alipheese » 28 Feb 2015, 20:07

I got the community wad stuff yesterday x-x this should all be fresh. The auto updater is supost to be fixed today so I have to wait until I could use it. As for downloading it all I don't really know what I could be missing. I sent you a PM
Alipheese

Postby Kithkin » 28 Feb 2015, 20:23

The trick to get multiplayer working is not to have at all. The trick is that BOTH sides have to have the exact same files in the game folder. Therefore you should concentrate on one mod, e.g. the Community Wad. IFAIK Xander has programmed a multiplayer sync tool. Try this. Ask him.
Kithkin

Postby Alipheese » 28 Feb 2015, 20:27

Kithkin wrote:The trick to get multiplayer working is not to have at all. The trick is that BOTH sides have to have the exact same files in the game folder. Therefore you should concentrate on one mod, e.g. the Community Wad. IFAIK Xander has programmed a multiplayer sync tool. Try this. Ask him.
Well my goal right now is just to get a healthy amount of decks to work in 2014 so me and my friends can work off that. When I do I plan to zip all my files and send them off to my friends to extract in there 2014 so we could have a game. So when I get all of this to work THEN my goal will be done. I will try that now I guess but I am still hoping to chat with someone. It's a lot easier for me since I can update in real time.

As for the multiplayer sync tool its stuck on retrieving community decks path...
Alipheese

Postby RiiakShiNal » 28 Feb 2015, 22:01

It should be noted that there is a maximum number of decks that DotP can support and having more than that will cause the game to crash (this is a limit of the DotP engine and there is nothing we can do about it). This is one of the reasons that we don't put decks into the same WADs that we put the cards (plus putting in the max number of decks makes it a real pain to select a deck).

If you are testing out decks put a few in at a time and test them out, not every deck is suit your play style and some decks work better than others. Try to limit the number of decks you always keep installed to a minimum to prevent problems and keep things working smoothly.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Mar 2015, 17:33

I'm a bit late here, but I want to point out that you said you have the community wad and all of the files listed in the first post on the CW thread. This probably won't cause TOO many problems, but it definitely will cause some. The CW isn't meant to be used WITH those files, it's a COMBINATION of those files. It replaces them. The only file listed in the post that you'd want to download is Riiak's Manual Mana. Everything else is 100% included (although morph, flip, and maybe transform cards have issues which I'm yet to resolve even though they're included).
Xander9009
Programmer

Return to 2014