It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:55

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Jul 2015, 17:45

There's nothing wrong with the red mana. Latulla, Kelden Overseer was bugged: she had her ability's mana cost set to use blue instead of red. Since you had no blue, you couldn't activate the ability. This has been fixed.

For the "unexpected symbol near if" are you sure you have the latest version? That's on line 554, but there is nothing wrong on that line. There WAS, but I already fixed it a couple of days ago. I've even run the file through a Lua parser and it caught that problem, then I fixed it and it found no errors. This error shouldn't appear anymore. Can anyone else confirm this is still happening?

Finally, for Thran Dynamo, I'm confused about the problem. I need a specific situation that shows how it's failing, because if you copied it directly from the monolith, then it should be working just fine.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby cenarius » 05 Jul 2015, 20:31

Xander9009 wrote:There's nothing wrong with the red mana. Latulla, Kelden Overseer was bugged: she had her ability's mana cost set to use blue instead of red. Since you had no blue, you couldn't activate the ability. This has been fixed.

For the "unexpected symbol near if" are you sure you have the latest version? That's on line 554, but there is nothing wrong on that line. There WAS, but I already fixed it a couple of days ago. I've even run the file through a Lua parser and it caught that problem, then I fixed it and it found no errors. This error shouldn't appear anymore. Can anyone else confirm this is still happening?

Finally, for Thran Dynamo, I'm confused about the problem. I need a specific situation that shows how it's failing, because if you copied it directly from the monolith, then it should be working just fine.
The mana thing with the Dynamo happens for example, when i have Masticore and i want to use its ability to make damage. I have 2 Dynamos in play. I use Masticore's ability to make 1 damage once and it uses one dynamo to produce mana (and like i said, the game doesn't allow me to Cntrl to choose to use regular mana even when it's available), it produces 3 (supposely) and then it makes 1 damage, but then when i activate Masticore's ability again, it uses another dynamo, but instead of having 6 mana to spend on its ability, it uses the second dynamo, gives me the mana, makes 1 damage, and there is no more mana to spend. Same with Ghitu Encampment, i may have regular mana to convert it into a 2/1 creature but if i have a Dynamo untapped and want to use its mana on an opponent's end, i'm screwed.

And there is no "Community Wad Core" file to download, just the .txt file, so i don't really know if i'm up to date with the core file.

Thank you for looking into this.

EDITED:

I decided to make a graphic example here:

CAP 1

CAP2

As you can see in CAP1, i have mana and the Fire Diamond available to use mana to convert the Ghitu Encampment. I produce a red mana with the diamond but then as you can see in CAP2, the game asks me to use the Thran Dynamo to get the mana but i press Cntrl to try to use regulrar mana but it doesn't work, i swear, as i can't show that on a screencap.
Last edited by cenarius on 05 Jul 2015, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
cenarius

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Jul 2015, 20:46

It sounds like you're running into the known limitations of manual mana. If you use a manual mana ability to produce mana, that mana is produced as a token with a mana ability identical to a basic land's ability. It's invisible, but it's there. When you use the mana, it taps like a basic land, and it has an added ability to exile itself if it becomes tapped. So, it's only usable once. This mana is prioritized over basic lands, and that's why I said in the first post that you might want to use the manual mana mod so you can produce mana from your basic lands manually. This is the entire reason I posted a few days ago about Blinkmoth Urn. It was a new method I came up with to control which manual mana should be available at any given time so you can force the game to use your basic lands or to use certain combinations of manual mana. I'll be extending this functionality to other cards once someone tries Blinkmoth Urn on their end and confirms I haven't broken anything. That, for he record, is where the CW_MANA.LOL file's errors came from. Since those have been fixed, it should be working fine. (In fact, the errors were such that it was working fine even before they were fixed.) Once I do, you'd be able to control which mana you want to use.

As for not having the extra mana you should, such as producing three mana and only having one or two available, I don't know why that would happen. I'd need to see the entire card's code before really guessing at what's going on. If you post the entire card's code, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going wrong.

The Community Core is repacked now. Part of the process of making the next repack file apparently left the core past the stage of storing the last packed size but before the core was actually packed. So, when it scanned the core folder to see if it needed to repack, it was the same as the stored size, so didn't repack and fill in the missing wad. Either way, it's up now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby cenarius » 05 Jul 2015, 21:02

Xander9009 wrote:It sounds like you're running into the known limitations of manual mana. If you use a manual mana ability to produce mana, that mana is produced as a token with a mana ability identical to a basic land's ability. It's invisible, but it's there. When you use the mana, it taps like a basic land, and it has an added ability to exile itself if it becomes tapped. So, it's only usable once. This mana is prioritized over basic lands, and that's why I said in the first post that you might want to use the manual mana mod so you can produce mana from your basic lands manually. This is the entire reason I posted a few days ago about Blinkmoth Urn. It was a new method I came up with to control which manual mana should be available at any given time so you can force the game to use your basic lands or to use certain combinations of manual mana. I'll be extending this functionality to other cards once someone tries Blinkmoth Urn on their end and confirms I haven't broken anything. That, for he record, is where the CW_MANA.LOL file's errors came from. Since those have been fixed, it should be working fine. (In fact, the errors were such that it was working fine even before they were fixed.) Once I do, you'd be able to control which mana you want to use.

As for not having the extra mana you should, such as producing three mana and only having one or two available, I don't know why that would happen. I'd need to see the entire card's code before really guessing at what's going on. If you post the entire card's code, I'll take a look and see if I can figure out what's going wrong.

The Community Core is repacked now. Part of the process of making the next repack file apparently left the core past the stage of storing the last packed size but before the core was actually packed. So, when it scanned the core folder to see if it needed to repack, it was the same as the stored size, so didn't repack and fill in the missing wad. Either way, it's up now.
Thran Dynamo's code:
Code: Select all
<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8'?>
<CARD_V2 ExportVersion="1">
   <FILENAME text="THRAN_DYNAMO_CW_15248" />
   <CARDNAME text="THRAN_DYNAMO" />
   <TITLE>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Thran Dynamo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Dynamo thran]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Dínamo thran]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Thrandynamo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Dinamo Thran]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[スランの発電機]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Thran Dynamo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Thran Dynamo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Thran Dynamo]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </TITLE>
   <MULTIVERSEID value="15248" />
   <ARTID value="CW15248" />
   <ARTIST name="Ron Spears" />
   <CASTING_COST cost="{4}" />
   <TYPE metaname="Artifact" />
   <EXPANSION value="C14" />
   <RARITY metaname="U" />
   <FLAVOURTEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[Los hijos metathran de Urza fueron concebidos, alumbrados y alimentados por un sistema integrado de máquinas.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[Urza's metathran children were conceived, birthed, and nurtured by an integrated system of machines.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
   </FLAVOURTEXT>
      <ACTIVATED_ABILITY forced_skip="1">
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="en-US"><![CDATA[{T}: Add {3} to your mana pool.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="fr-FR"><![CDATA[{T}: Ajoutez {3} à votre réserve.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="es-ES"><![CDATA[{T}: Agrega {3} a tu reserva de maná.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="de-DE"><![CDATA[{T}: Erhöhe deinen Manavorrat um {3}.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="it-IT"><![CDATA[{T}: Aggiungi {3} alla tua riserva di mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="jp-JA"><![CDATA[{T}:あなたのマナ・プールに{3}を加える。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ko-KR"><![CDATA[{T}: {3}를 당신의 마나풀에 담는다.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="ru-RU"><![CDATA[{T}: добавьте {3} в ваше хранилище маны.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="pt-BR"><![CDATA[{T}: Adicione {3} à sua reserva de mana.]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-CN"><![CDATA[{T}:加{3}到你的法术力池中。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <LOCALISED_TEXT LanguageCode="zh-HK"><![CDATA[{T}:加{3}到你的魔法力池中。]]></LOCALISED_TEXT>
      <COST type="TapSelf" />
      <PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
         RSN_MarkManaAbilityStart()
      </PLAY_TIME_ACTION>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         RSN_Produce( "{3}", 1 )
      </RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         RSN_EliminateExtraManaTokens()
      <RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION>
         S_DisplayManaPool(EffectController())
         RSN_MarkManaAbilityEnd()
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="upkeep" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="main_1" window_turn="my_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="begin_combat" window_turn="their_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="declare_attackers" window_turn="their_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="declare_blockers" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="main_2" window_turn="my_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="end_of_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY window_step="end_of_turn" window_turn="their_turn" type="window" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" response_source="1" response_target="1" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" response_source="1" />
      <AI_AVAILABILITY type="in_response" response_target="1" />
   </ACTIVATED_ABILITY>
   <AUTHOR><![CDATA[cenarius]]></AUTHOR>
   <EDITORS><![CDATA[cenarius]]></EDITORS>
   <DATE><![CDATA[21-06-15]]></DATE>
</CARD_V2>
My Classic Ponza deck so you can test it if you want:
DECK https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-oDza ... sp=sharing
ENABLER https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-oDza ... sp=sharing

And also, didn't read about that Blinkmoth Urn so if you need help with that i don't mind to put 4 copies of it on my Ponza and play around with it a bit :p

I won't be able to download the updated wad until tomorrow but i promise to take a look, and so if you say i need the mana functions, i will use it, the thing i don't like is when i test my decks agains the PC, it really takes its time to play something with that mod on.

Anyway, let me know if you need anything else.
cenarius

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Jul 2015, 22:26

Alright, so I've just realized the Thran Dynamo you're referring to is in the CW. That card doesn't have the manual mana functions, however. It has a normal mana ability which is autotap. This is why you're having problems. Because it produces colorless mana, the game prioritizes it over your more versatile basic lands. And because it's auto-tap, its mana can only ever be used all at once. The game has no concept of floating mana. It only knows "this permanent can be tapped for this amount of mana". That's why manual mana exists. I've made a manual mana version of Thran Dynamo. When you update the CW, try replacing your deck's Thran Dynamo with this new manual mana version.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 06 Jul 2015, 01:33

I was curious if these are possible and if they are could add these:
Phyrexian Ingester
Phyrexian Devourer
Phyrexian Portal
Phyrexian Purge
Phyrexian Rebirth

Also, if anyone is interested i've been looking through all the mythic rares ever and found these to be some we have not added yet:

Descent into Madness
Epic Experiment
Etched Monstrosity
Eternity Vessel
Grimoire of the Dead
Havengul Lich (i feel this is the same problem as Lazav in some case shape or form)
Helvault
Isperia, Supreme Judge (I am not 100% sure if this hasnt been coded, my Wad maybe a little old.)
Jeleva, Nephalia's Scourge
Krond the Dawn-Clad
Malignus
Ruhan of the Fomori
The Mimeoplasm
Thromok the Insatiable
Time Vault
Uril, the Miststalker
Vela the Night-Clad
Zedruu the Greathearted
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Chakan » 06 Jul 2015, 04:35

MasterXploder7 wrote:I was curious if these are possible and if they are could add these:
Phyrexian Ingester
Phyrexian Devourer
Phyrexian Portal
Phyrexian Purge
Phyrexian Rebirth

Also, if anyone is interested i've been looking through all the mythic rares ever and found these to be some we have not added yet:

Descent into Madness
Epic Experiment
Etched Monstrosity
Eternity Vessel
Grimoire of the Dead
Havengul Lich (i feel this is the same problem as Lazav in some case shape or form)
Helvault
Isperia, Supreme Judge (I am not 100% sure if this hasnt been coded, my Wad maybe a little old.)
Krond the Dawn-Clad
Malignus
Ruhan of the Fomori
The Mimeoplasm
Thromok the Insatiable
Time Vault
Uril, the Miststalker
Vela the Night-Clad
Zedruu the Greathearted
Some interesting cards there, I'd take a crack at them but I'm pretty sure someone else could convert them a lot faster than I could. I've been so lazy when it comes to cards these days.
Chakan

Postby cenarius » 06 Jul 2015, 08:07

Xander9009 wrote:Alright, so I've just realized the Thran Dynamo you're referring to is in the CW. That card doesn't have the manual mana functions, however. It has a normal mana ability which is autotap. This is why you're having problems. Because it produces colorless mana, the game prioritizes it over your more versatile basic lands. And because it's auto-tap, its mana can only ever be used all at once. The game has no concept of floating mana. It only knows "this permanent can be tapped for this amount of mana". That's why manual mana exists. I've made a manual mana version of Thran Dynamo. When you update the CW, try replacing your deck's Thran Dynamo with this new manual mana version.
I got this gift just after updating my core wad:

Also, got two errors when opening the deck builder: Cho-Manno Revolutionary and Saproling Burst. Also, Saproling Burst has different art now, what happened with the new pic i added? i remember i made the changes inside the card (artid and even artist when needed in all the cards i have changed).
cenarius

Postby Xander9009 » 06 Jul 2015, 15:01

What happens when you open the Deck Builder? Does it give you any errors? If it says that Cho-Mann, Revolutionary is missing, it's probably because I renamed it a few days ago so it properly followed the naming conventions in the rest of the CW. You'll need to open the deck that's missing it, re-add the newly named copy, and re-export the deck. I did this for all decks in the CW Decks folder already, so if the deck that uses it came from there, you can just redownload it.

As for Saproling Burst, I'm not sure. I don't recall changing it. If there were two copies, however, I probably deleted the older one. The newer pictures are better, so I delete the older one when I encounter a duplicate card.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Hiphoptomas » 07 Jul 2015, 06:44

I've been having random issues with the vampire deck where I'll start the game with a vampire token and all my creatures get +2/+2. I believe it has something to do with "Bloodline Keeper," if some one could look at that card.
Hiphoptomas

Postby cenarius » 07 Jul 2015, 07:26

Xander9009 wrote:What happens when you open the Deck Builder? Does it give you any errors? If it says that Cho-Mann, Revolutionary is missing, it's probably because I renamed it a few days ago so it properly followed the naming conventions in the rest of the CW. You'll need to open the deck that's missing it, re-add the newly named copy, and re-export the deck. I did this for all decks in the CW Decks folder already, so if the deck that uses it came from there, you can just redownload it.

As for Saproling Burst, I'm not sure. I don't recall changing it. If there were two copies, however, I probably deleted the older one. The newer pictures are better, so I delete the older one when I encounter a duplicate card.
I'm sure you understand the idea of you deleting cards for which i changed art, made proper translation and added flavour text, that isn't too encouraging to continuing contributing, right?

And i'm still not able to play the game since yesterday due to that crash at start up problem. Already updated to the last version of the wad core.
cenarius

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Jul 2015, 14:19

cenarius wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:What happens when you open the Deck Builder? Does it give you any errors? If it says that Cho-Mann, Revolutionary is missing, it's probably because I renamed it a few days ago so it properly followed the naming conventions in the rest of the CW. You'll need to open the deck that's missing it, re-add the newly named copy, and re-export the deck. I did this for all decks in the CW Decks folder already, so if the deck that uses it came from there, you can just redownload it.

I'm sure you understand the idea of you deleting cards for which i changed art, made proper translation and added flavour text, that isn't too encouraging to continuing contributing, right?

And i'm still not able to play the game since yesterday due to that crash at start up problem. Already updated to the last version of the wad core.
Yeah, I understand. Sorry about that. If it helps, there are no more duplicates, so that shouldn't happen again, and for Saproling Burst in particular, I copied over the translations. I didn't catch the art, though, mainly because in gatherer they're shown as they same picture, but with the newer one being significantly better quality. If you want, I can revert that, too. Doesn't actually matter to me which art files cards use.

The core isn't what needs updated. It's your decks. One of your decks is using a file which is misnamed. You need to open that deck in the deck builder using Create From Existing Deck, add the correctly named card, open the Deck information and change the ID back to what it was, and then export again. You may need to do this for two separate decks. One for Saproling Burst and one for Cho-Manno Revolutionary.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Jul 2015, 14:29

MasterXploder7 wrote:I was curious if these are possible and if they are could add these:
Phyrexian Ingester
Phyrexian Devourer
Phyrexian Portal
Phyrexian Purge
Phyrexian Rebirth

Descent into Madness
Epic Experiment
Etched Monstrosity
Eternity Vessel
Grimoire of the Dead
Helvault
Krond the Dawn-Clad
Malignus
Ruhan of the Fomori
The Mimeoplasm
Thromok the Insatiable
Time Vault
Uril, the Miststalker
Vela the Night-Clad
Zedruu the Greathearted
I'm coding these today. And no, Havengul Lich can't be done. Not because of the same problem as Lazav, Dimir Mastermind, though. His problem is that we can't change a card's name. Havengul Lich's problem is that we can't grant only the activated abilities. It's more similar to Necrotic Ooze. The only way to make either one work would be to have each either have every activated ability coded into the card itself, or to have every card with an activated ability grant that ability to Necrotic Ooze and Havengul Lich when needed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby fallenangle » 07 Jul 2015, 14:57

The Time Vault that Neo and TFM coded for me is posted in the Formal Request Thread. VolrathXP already coded the Mimeoplasm, so it should be in the CW. I've seen Epic Experiment in somebody's WAD (maybe Kev's, so it might need to be recoded).
fallenangle

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Jul 2015, 18:16

Thanks. I'll go find Time Vault. The Mimeoplasm is in fact already in the CW. A couple others are as well. I already did Epic Experiment anyway.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014