It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 23:50

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Feb 2017, 12:59

aidscoi168 wrote:Hi, did you guy still check the bugs reported in the google site of CW ?
Yes, and I saw the reports. I was out of town when they came in, and haven't quite gotten around to checking them out yet. Unless someone else does, I should be able to sometime in the next couple of days.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse2 » 21 Feb 2017, 13:16

Xander9009 wrote:
aidscoi168 wrote:Hi, did you guy still check the bugs reported in the google site of CW ?
Yes, and I saw the reports. I was out of town when they came in, and haven't quite gotten around to checking them out yet. Unless someone else does, I should be able to sometime in the next couple of days.
I am unaware of the site being referenced. Do you have a link? I will look into it soon (not today, but soon).
Splinterverse2

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Feb 2017, 13:47

Splinterverse2 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:
I am unaware of the site being referenced. Do you have a link? I will look into it soon (not today, but soon).
If you go to my signature's link for reporting bugs and follow the link in the bug reporting section, it lets users fill out bug reports, which are added to this spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =713214236

You should be able to modify it if you fix any bugs listed there. If you do, please note that in order to mark it as resolved, you need to follow these directions:
1: Copy the cells in the row containing info. Must not be the entire row, but rather only specific cells. Meaning you can't select all of row 5, but instead must drag-select cells A5:F5.
2: Paste those cells at the end of the Resolved sheet in the second column.
3: Fill in the resolved time in the first column.
4: Select the entire row from the Reported sheet that contains a resolved bug, right click it, and delete the entire row.

You can't cut-paste the cells because of the link with the Google Form (it won't allow it). And you can't copy-paste the entire row (as opposed to a specific range) because you wouldn't be able to put in the resolution time (technically, you could just move them over, but it's one fewer step to just avoid needing to do so). And you can't just delete the cells containing the resolved bug from the Reporting sheet because the form will still skip that row when appending new bug reports. Only deleting the row itself will allow the bug-reporting form to reuse the row.

Ironically, I did notice the newer bugs reported, but didn't notice the deck bug reported back in December, and it's even about my own deck...

Oh, it's also worth noting that if you want to, you can use the Tools>Notification Rules... menu to get emails for new reports. Very handy. It's how I make sure to get new bug reports (except when I inexplicably don't notice them, but that's relatively rare...)
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 22 Feb 2017, 11:54

I have addressed some of the bugs reported in the Google spreadsheet:

-- Appetite for the Unnatural is in the CW. I checked my copy as well as the loose files version online.

-- Inventors' Fair. I tested it and it appears to be working as expected. My guess is that the person who reported this was expecting Artificers to count as artifacts. They aren't considered artifacts.

-- re: Cards with fabricate crashing the game. I'm guessing this was a coincidence or perhaps another card crashing it. I played a test match with Glint-Sleeve Artisan and it didn't crash after the game. When you experience these crashes, the SCRIPT_LOG.txt will not pop up, but it may still contain relevant data. If this happens again, try to grab that file from your game's folder (which is likely at a path like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Magic 2014 - modded with the last part being whatever you named your modded version's folder). There isn't anything unique to the Fabricate mechanic's code -- the adding of counters and creating of tokens is the same code we use on every card that does those things, so I don't think the issue is related to the Fabricate mechanic itself. I don't doubt that your game crashed; I'm just thinking that it was probably for a different reason. My game will crash sometimes when I have a lot of creatures in play. I find it helps to free up as much memory as possible before playing the mod (i.e., close any unused programs). Also, make sure your hard drive has a decent amount of free space.

-- Eddytrail Hawk now properly grants flying.

-- Dark Intimations includes more precise messaging and the selected card (planeswalker or creature from graveyard) is returned to your hand.

-- Platinum Emperion now prevents your life total from changing. This means you can't gain life, lose life or take direct damage while it is in play.

I looked at some of the other bugs, but didn't really feel confident in fixing them so I will leave those to other modders to investigate.

The fixes should appear in the next CW update.

I have subscribed to the bug list so hopefully I will receive an email if any others are reported using this method.

Thanks to all who reported these bugs. I really appreciate it.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Feb 2017, 21:20

Splinterverse wrote:

-- Appetite for the Unnatural is in the CW. I checked my copy as well as the loose files version online.

-- Inventors' Fair. I tested it and it appears to be working as expected. My guess is that the person who reported this was expecting Artificers to count as artifacts. They aren't considered artifacts.

-- re: Cards with fabricate crashing the game. I'm guessing this was a coincidence or perhaps another card crashing it. I played a test match with Glint-Sleeve Artisan and it didn't crash after the game. When you experience these crashes, the SCRIPT_LOG.txt will not pop up, but it may still contain relevant data. If this happens again, try to grab that file from your game's folder (which is likely at a path like this C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Magic 2014 - modded with the last part being whatever you named your modded version's folder). There isn't anything unique to the Fabricate mechanic's code -- the adding of counters and creating of tokens is the same code we use on every card that does those things, so I don't think the issue is related to the Fabricate mechanic itself. I don't doubt that your game crashed; I'm just thinking that it was probably for a different reason. My game will crash sometimes when I have a lot of creatures in play. I find it helps to free up as much memory as possible before playing the mod (i.e., close any unused programs). Also, make sure your hard drive has a decent amount of free space.

-- Dark Intimations includes more precise messaging and the selected card (planeswalker or creature from graveyard) is returned to your hand.

-- Platinum Emperion now prevents your life total from changing. This means you can't gain life, lose life or take direct damage while it is in play.

I looked at some of the other bugs, but didn't really feel confident in fixing them so I will leave those to other modders to investigate.

I have subscribed to the bug list so hopefully I will receive an email if any others are reported using this method.

This is great news. :) Some of the bugs you fixed were from users who said they did want to be notified (Samantha and tmxk2012917). Did you already PM them or should I go ahead and do that?
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse2 » 22 Feb 2017, 21:57

Xander9009 wrote:
Splinterverse wrote:

This is great news. :) Some of the bugs you fixed were from users who said they did want to be notified (Samantha and tmxk2012917). Did you already PM them or should I go ahead and do that?
Would you mind alerting them? I wasn't sure if that was automated or not.
Splinterverse2

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Feb 2017, 22:35

Splinterverse2 wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:This is great news. :) Some of the bugs you fixed were from users who said they did want to be notified (Samantha and tmxk2012917). Did you already PM them or should I go ahead and do that?
Would you mind alerting them? I wasn't sure if that was automated or not.
I just PM them when I finish dealing with one of the bugs they report (but only if they check the box saying they want me to), which I'm doing now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 24 Feb 2017, 21:50

Hi. I can't get the update to work. Manually, that is.

What I do is I download the Community Wad Files (art, core and other) and move the contents of each folder to the folder where the dotp.exe is. Then I open Riiak's Shi Nal Dotp Deck Builder and look for new cards like Metallic Mimic and Sram, but they're not there.

Any instructions would be appreciated.

Also, I'd like to take the time to say that this is the nicest, most cooperative gaming community I've ever seen. Thank you for not being trolls :)

EDIT: Solved. I was missing the DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE.wad from community core. I'm thinking one of my downloads came out wrong?
Last edited by addict insane on 24 Feb 2017, 22:16, edited 1 time in total.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse2 » 24 Feb 2017, 21:52

addict insane wrote:Hi. I can't get the update to work. Manually, that is.

What I do is I download the Community Wad Files (art, core and other) and move the contents of each folder to the folder where the dotp.exe is. Then I open Riiak's Shi Nal Dotp Deck Builder and look for new cards like Metallic Mimic and Sram, but they're not there.

Any instructions would be appreciated.

Also, I'd like to take the time to say that this is the nicest, most cooperative gaming community I've ever seen. Thank you for not being trolls :)
A couple things to check.... Did you make a separate copy of your game folder? Also did you download the DLL file and include it in the copied game folder?
Splinterverse2

Postby addict insane » 24 Feb 2017, 22:20

One more question, though: I can't find the content pack enablers or whatever it takes to use the decks that come with the wad. I remember there being instructions for getting them to work, but can't find the link any more.

Can you guys help with that?
addict insane

Postby tmxk2012917 » 24 Feb 2017, 22:26

content pack enablers are in the same folder as CW decks
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 24 Feb 2017, 23:42

There could be a few reasons you're having trouble. I'll try and cover them here. If this doesn't solve your issue, come join Discord. It's a brand new server, so it's pretty empty right now, but it's there.

To start with, let's be 100% certain we're talking about the same folder when we say "game folder". Your game folder is something like this: "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Magic 2014\". All files we discuss will need to go into this folder, right alongside DotP_d14.exe.

In order to use the CW (and any other mod), make certain you've got the dll in your game folder. It's packed up with the core (both the packed and unpacked versions).

Next, make certain you've got the core in the right place. Art is not needed to make use of the cards. They'll show up whether their art is available or not, they'll just not have images. The art needs to be installed the same way as the core, though, so once you've got the core working properly, you can do the art the same way. The "other" wad isn't really needed, and in fact isn't a game folder the game will read. It's just a bunch of extra files for you to use when making a deck (pictures from the various games) and a function file to disable the special functions I made to allow a single token producing card to make tokens with different images. Having these in there won't hurt a single thing, they're just unnecessary.

Anyway, to make sure you've got the core in the right place, it depends on whether you're using the packed version or the unpacked version.

-Packed-
The packed version means you've got the "DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE.wad" file.

-Unpacked-
The unpacked version is a little more complicated. It means you have a folder named "DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE". Inside of that folder should be a file named "HEADER.XML". Note that on Google Drive, this folder is the subfolder of a folder with the same named, but it contains the header "@header.xml". This is because the packed version needs the "@header.xml". If you've got the "@header.xml" file in your "DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE" in your game folder ("...\Steam\steamapps\common\Magic 2014\DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE\@header.xml"), then you need to delete the "@header.xml" file, and then cut and paste the folder "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Magic 2014\DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE\DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE\" into your game folder (cut the folder, not the folder's contents) so that this path is valid: "...\Steam\steamapps\common\Magic 2014\DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE\HEADER.XML".

If the core is already in the correct spot, then you most likely have an old version. Alternatively, you might have both the old version and the new version. If you've got an old copy of the unpacked version and a new copy of the packed version, you might not see the new copy's contents. Make sure you've only got one or the other. If you do only have one, then you need to make sure it's the right version. If it's unpacked, go into it and find the file "Community Wad Core Version.txt" and make sure it says 741. If you have the packed version, right click it and select properties. Its size (not "size on disk") should be 123,745,114 bytes. If it's the wrong version, redownload it. If redownloading doesn't give you the right version, tell me.

------------

The content pack enablers, as already mentioned, are in the same folder as the decks themselves. You can get them in several ways in there. Each .7z archive of decks contains the CPEs needed to run the decks in that archive. There's also a folder and .7z archive named "Content Pack Enablers". Finally, the content pack enablers are listed after the decks (except TFM's) because the decks are "DATA_DECK_...", but the CPEs are "DATA_DLC_...Content_Pack_Enabler.wad".
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby addict insane » 25 Feb 2017, 12:00

Thanks, Xander, for the explanation. I was missing the .wad from the core folder to get the latest update to work.

Now, regarding the decks, I can't get the Magic World Champion 2013 deck to work. I also can't get the decks with names in spanish to work. I moved all of the content from content pack enablers to the dotp.exe folder. I can get other decks to work, just not the ones I mentioned, and maybe more I haven't tested yet.

(Rechecked: that's all of the decks starting with number 1007... that I can't open.)

EDIT: Deleted, found the solution for the missing art already. (Not for the missing decks, though.)
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 25 Feb 2017, 15:29

addict insane wrote:Thanks, Xander, for the explanation. I was missing the .wad from the core folder to get the latest update to work.

Now, regarding the decks, I can't get the Magic World Champion 2013 deck to work. I also can't get the decks with names in spanish to work. I moved all of the content from content pack enablers to the dotp.exe folder. I can get other decks to work, just not the ones I mentioned, and maybe more I haven't tested yet.

(Rechecked: that's all of the decks starting with number 1007... that I can't open.)

EDIT: Deleted, found the solution for the missing art already. (Not for the missing decks, though.)
nachonal uploaded his 1007 content pack enabler awhile after the decks, so you may have had the decks without his particular content pack enabler. Check if you have a content pack enabler for 1007, and if not, go grab it (it was just uploaded last night). Otherwise, let me know and I'll look into them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 26 Feb 2017, 15:00

The deck builder error for Ferropede has been fixed and will appear in the next CW update.

Also, the Coldsnap versions of the Snow-Covered lands have also been added to the CW.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014