It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 08:35

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Feb 2017, 03:15

Splinterverse wrote:Two quick questions:

1.) When I save a cropped image using the right-click menu in the deck builder, is it saving it as the same quality as the original TDX file?

2.) Has anyone gotten the EDH functions to work yet? (I'm dying to play some commander against AI).
1: I don't know for sure, but I would suspect the answer is yes. I would expect that what Riiak did was simply convert the TDX from inside hte WAD (which is already a cropped version) to a png outside the WAD. I'd actually expect that if either version had lower quality art, then it would be the full art (but even that is unlikely, I think). But that's speculation, so...

2: There are currently some commanders which you can use. I never got it put onto a single card the way I wanted. It was on my to-do list before I took a break for my own sanity. Sorry. :(
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby MasterXploder7 » 05 Feb 2017, 08:58

Cryptolith Rite taps as though it were an autotap land from the base game (unsure what mana it produces)
I believe it shouldn't do that (but honestly does it need to be fixed - I mean come on you guys, it's a happy mistake, like when I was born :D )
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Splinterverse » 05 Feb 2017, 11:37

Xander9009 wrote:2: There are currently some commanders which you can use. I never got it put onto a single card the way I wanted. It was on my to-do list before I took a break for my own sanity. Sorry. :(
Do you know any of the ones that are working? I added C_ALESHA_WHO_SMILES_AT_DEATH_CW_391787 to a deck and it seems to work great for a few seconds (it's in exile, lights up and is activate-able) and then the glow goes away. The game asks the player to choose the commander, but there is nothing select-able.

I tried messing with the MCE_ChooseCommander function in MCE_EDH_FUNCTIONS.lol. It had ZONE_ANY instead of ZONE_ANYWHERE (which was giving a log error). I tried fixing that. I tried both SetZone and FE_ZONE, but none of the selecting would work. So for further testing, I made it automatically select Alesha. But, no matter what I tried, the glow went away after that step. Debug showed that it did indeed select Alesha, but it's not retaining the abilities granted by the MANAGER_COMMANDER.

I'm guessing that there is an issue within the manager functions to grant the ability. Nothing is showing up in the logs though.

It seems like most of the code is good. If we can get the commander to retain it's abilities, EDH might work.

I know that the way I had it choose Alesha is hacky, but we probably shouldn't have two cards that begin with C_ in the deck anyway (unless we're going to add Partner and even then, we might want to implement that a different way).
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Feb 2017, 18:58

According to this post: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=15783&p=206730#p206730 I actually did make the changes... I forgot I'd managed to get around to that. Try adding the "_MANAGER_COMMANDER" to your deck instead. It should play itself from anywhere and replace itself if it's played from your hand. Upon being played, it should make you choose your commander. It needs to be in each deck that's to be used in EDH.

It was never tested that I recall, so no promises.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 05 Feb 2017, 20:04

Xander9009 wrote:According to this post: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=15783&p=206730#p206730 I actually did make the changes... I forgot I'd managed to get around to that. Try adding the "_MANAGER_COMMANDER" to your deck instead. It should play itself from anywhere and replace itself if it's played from your hand. Upon being played, it should make you choose your commander. It needs to be in each deck that's to be used in EDH.

I removed the files that I changed and tried again with the manager in the deck itself.

The manager and commander both put themselves in Exile. The commander had the glow for a minute, but then lost it shortly thereafter. The log popped up reporting the ZONE_ANY to ZONE_ANYWHERE issue. I fixed that and tried again. The Choose a Commander message popped up but nothing was select-able.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 05 Feb 2017, 22:35

Splinterverse wrote:
Xander9009 wrote:According to this post: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=15783&p=206730#p206730 I actually did make the changes... I forgot I'd managed to get around to that. Try adding the "_MANAGER_COMMANDER" to your deck instead. It should play itself from anywhere and replace itself if it's played from your hand. Upon being played, it should make you choose your commander. It needs to be in each deck that's to be used in EDH.

I removed the files that I changed and tried again with the manager in the deck itself.

The manager and commander both put themselves in Exile. The commander had the glow for a minute, but then lost it shortly thereafter. The log popped up reporting the ZONE_ANY to ZONE_ANYWHERE issue. I fixed that and tried again. The Choose a Commander message popped up but nothing was select-able.
I'm planning to be leaving (staying with my brother for a couple of weeks), so it'll have to wait until I arrive and get settled in (which should only be a few hours, but even be later tomorrow). However, when I get the chance, I'll look into this and see if I can discern the issue.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse2 » 05 Feb 2017, 23:12

Xander9009 wrote:
Splinterverse wrote:

I'm planning to be leaving (staying with my brother for a couple of weeks), so it'll have to wait until I arrive and get settled in (which should only be a few hours, but even be later tomorrow). However, when I get the chance, I'll look into this and see if I can discern the issue.
Cool. Thanks!!!!
Splinterverse2

Postby RiiakShiNal » 06 Feb 2017, 12:22

Splinterverse wrote:1.) When I save a cropped image using the right-click menu in the deck builder, is it saving it as the same quality as the original TDX file?
This depends somewhat on what exactly you are right-clicking and the option used.
  • Right-Click on Card in one of the lists
    • Export Image Crop - This saves out the image at the exact same quality as the game has.
    • Export Card Previews - This exports localized versions of the entire card (frame, image, text, etc...), since these are constructed images they may not be the same quality as the game has (I construct at a fixed size based on the original card frames, 356x512 then append black frame if possible).
  • Right-Click on an image
    • Card Preview - as above a localized constructed image based on original card frame size (356x512) then append black frame if possible.
    • Deck Box
      • If provided by game then saves at original quality (unless exceeds 2000x2000 limit).
      • If built by Deck Builder then it is 512x512 (unless the size of the template images has changed).
    • Small Personality
      • If provided by game then saves at original quality (unless exceeds 2000x2000 limit).
      • If built by Deck Builder then it is 256x256 (unless the size of the template images has changed).
    • Panel Personality
      • If built by Deck Builder then it is 256x512 (unless the size of the template images has changed).
    • Large Personality
      • If built by Deck Builder then it is 512x512 (this is hard coded because that is the base size the game uses and there are no template images to change the size on).

NOTE: There is also a hard coded limit of 2000x2000 for image sizes since the image library (for TDX images) won't handle more than that (the library crashes at higher sizes). This limit is imposed based on single dimension size so 1024x2048 is too large as is 2048x256.

Generally, it is a bad idea to change the size of Deck Box images as the game does not scale those properly.
RiiakShiNal
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 08 Feb 2017, 13:44

Xander -- I just noticed that there is a file in the CW called BALDUVIAN_BEARS_CW_262669.xml. It has the wrong multiverse ID and the art associated with it is for the card that goes with that multiverse ID (Zombie Apocalypse). I have created a version of Balduvian Bears with the proper MID and proper art and uploaded it, but you might want to remove that other file from the CW. I checked Zombie Apocalypse and it is okay as is.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 08 Feb 2017, 13:49

Splinterverse wrote:Xander -- I just noticed that there is a file in the CW called BALDUVIAN_BEARS_CW_262669.xml. It has the wrong multiverse ID and the art associated with it is for the card that goes with that multiverse ID (Zombie Apocalypse). I have created a version of Balduvian Bears with the proper MID and proper art and uploaded it, but you might want to remove that other file from the CW. I checked Zombie Apocalypse and it is okay as is.
I was staying with my brother to help him out while he recovers from surgery, and he runs around a lot more than I realized. I haven't even gotten my laptop plugged back in (which is why the CW hasn't uodated). I'm actually hoping to go back home for a few hours today, so I might get a chance then. Otherwise, it might have to wait. If you or someone else decides to remove it, just fix any GD Decks that use the card.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 08 Feb 2017, 13:51

Xander9009 wrote:
Splinterverse wrote:Xander -- I just noticed that there is a file in the CW called BALDUVIAN_BEARS_CW_262669.xml. It has the wrong multiverse ID and the art associated with it is for the card that goes with that multiverse ID (Zombie Apocalypse). I have created a version of Balduvian Bears with the proper MID and proper art and uploaded it, but you might want to remove that other file from the CW. I checked Zombie Apocalypse and it is okay as is.
I was staying with my brother to help him out while he recovers from surgery, and he runs around a lot more than I realized. I haven't even gotten my laptop plugged back in (which is why the CW hasn't uodated). I'm actually hoping to go back home for a few hours today, so I might get a chance then. Otherwise, it might have to wait. If you or someone else decides to remove it, just fix any GD Decks that use the card.
No worries. I can remove it from the loose files directory. I checked the decks and it doesn't appear in any of them.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby erjerjerj » 09 Feb 2017, 17:29

Bug report:
Start Your Engines doesn't give +2/+0 to the vehicles
erjerjerj

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Feb 2017, 14:01

erjerjerj wrote:Bug report:
Start Your Engines doesn't give +2/+0 to the vehicles
This has been fixed and will appear in the next CW update.

Thanks for reporting!
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Re: Community Wad - Backend Movement

Postby Xander9009 » 10 Feb 2017, 19:43

Okay guys, so here's a bit of an update. It theoretically shouldn't affect anyone, but nothing's for sure and there's always room for mistakes and the unexpected, so I wanted to point out well in advance what I'm planning.

Since its creation, the CW has been running on my laptop. I take this laptop wherever I go, and as such, there are times when it doesn't update because I'm gone. I don't actually have a desktop PC, but my friend that I live with does, and she's offered to let me host it on her computer. I'm going to make this move in a week or two from now. I'm still about a week from heading home for good, though I may be home tonight. That means it should at least get updated tonight, but may or may not be a week before it gets updated again. However, after that, I'll work on getting it migrated.

Nothing should change on anyone else's end, but just in case there are any hiccups, I wanted to make sure the info is visible to everyone. This way, my personal plans won't affect the CW's ability to update. (I don't have a good internet connection where I am. I have internet through my phone, but despite unlimited, it's slow and unreliable.)
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Community Wad - Backend Movement

Postby Splinterverse » 10 Feb 2017, 21:35

Xander9009 wrote:Okay guys, so here's a bit of an update. It theoretically shouldn't affect anyone, but nothing's for sure and there's always room for mistakes and the unexpected, so I wanted to point out well in advance what I'm planning.

Since its creation, the CW has been running on my laptop. I take this laptop wherever I go, and as such, there are times when it doesn't update because I'm gone. I don't actually have a desktop PC, but my friend that I live with does, and she's offered to let me host it on her computer. I'm going to make this move in a week or two from now. I'm still about a week from heading home for good, though I may be home tonight. That means it should at least get updated tonight, but may or may not be a week before it gets updated again. However, after that, I'll work on getting it migrated.

Nothing should change on anyone else's end, but just in case there are any hiccups, I wanted to make sure the info is visible to everyone. This way, my personal plans won't affect the CW's ability to update. (I don't have a good internet connection where I am. I have internet through my phone, but despite unlimited, it's slow and unreliable.)
I think this is a good move. Thank you for your transparency. I'm sure everyone appreciates everything you've done and do for the CW.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014