It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 02:00

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby Splinterverse » 23 Mar 2017, 10:27

I was looking for a change log with yesterday's date and I didn't see one (which I'm assuming is possible if there were no changes), but I noticed that there wasn't one in the main Resources folder either. Does the one in the main Resources folder only get created if there was a change or is there always one there? (Just trying to make sure it's not broken.)
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby sunds » 23 Mar 2017, 13:52

Bug report.

Data_Decks_201631_HONOURABU_BATOU uses Kenzo the Hardhearted, and it is wrong, it should be Bushi Tenderfoot. And after Bushi Tenderfoot blocks and kills a creature, it doesn't become Kenzo the Hardhearted.
sunds

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Mar 2017, 19:04

tmxk2012917 wrote:Bug report:

Hidden Stockpile: when it entered the battleground, it created a token at the end of my turn even though nothing left the battleground. It created a token even though an artifact of mine entered the battlefield
This is probably because it was registering manual mana tokens as permanents. This should be fixed for all Revolt cards. I tested them all, but not particularly thoroughly. So, if you notice any other issues with them, please be sure to report them. Of course, this change will only take effect after tonight's repack, so there are still another 9 hours or so until you'll get the fixes...
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 23 Mar 2017, 22:15

Splinterverse wrote:I was looking for a change log with yesterday's date and I didn't see one (which I'm assuming is possible if there were no changes), but I noticed that there wasn't one in the main Resources folder either. Does the one in the main Resources folder only get created if there was a change or is there always one there? (Just trying to make sure it's not broken.)
When the CW is repacked, the current changelog is moved from the Resources folder to the Change Logs folder with the date as its new name. When a file is auto-uploaded, it is logged into "...\Resources\Change Log.txt". In AHK (which is the language being used), appending data to a file will automatically create the file if it doesn't already exist, so I never bothered putting in any code specifically to create the file (since it would literally be just appending blank text).

TL;DR: Correct, it's only created IF there are changes, so if there weren't any changes that day, then the change log is never created. And if it goes to repack and there's no change log, it simply ignores the change log movement. You can also check this by going to the backups folder and noticing there was no update on the 22nd. https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

So, nothing was changed between the last version (created on the 21st) and the files as of the time of repack on the 22nd, so nothing was repacked, and no change log was ever made. There is currently a change log because I updated some cards, and all of the art files will repack tonight because your animated art uploads helped me realize there was a minor bug in the way I coded the animated art repacking (you can check the most recent announcement on the website for details). So, thanks for that. A few bugs fixed, a few changes to the site today, and an entirely new script for getting direct download links (also in the announcement). I'm calling that a day lol.

I'll look into Bushi Tenderfoot tomorrow, sunds. It's actually an issue with many flip cards. Most of them aren't flipping correctly right now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Finnical » 24 Mar 2017, 01:40

Repairing Fellwar Stone must have involved replacing the card entirely; Any deck that had the stone in it now causes a game crash on open, and will need to be replaced by a new version of the deck. Not a problem, just clueing others in.

Edit: Fellwar Stone is still not functional; When ability is activated it flashes the message "Cannot produce mana."
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 25 Mar 2017, 22:58

Grappling Hook doesn't appear to always function correctly. It appears to allow the opponent to choose to block a different creature. Also it behaves as if it is not a "you may" ability.
Finnical

Postby Finnical » 25 Mar 2017, 23:00

Hoard-Smelter Dragon does not receive any power boost when destroying artifacts.
Finnical

Postby nguyenxthinh » 28 Mar 2017, 11:48

I just created a new deck of my own. After playing it with the AI I got a dmp file and the game froze. Could anyone take a look into it for me please? I am not good with technical stuff like this. I include the list of my cards in the deck if it may help to find out what caused my game stopped.
Also, I received another report from the game:
[lua] [string "HUNTERS_INSIGHT_CW_220291_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x0000029f"]:3: attempt to index local 'target' (a nil value)

(cannot upload dmp file :( ) https://www.mediafire.com/?8ar4nywmef309km
Attachments
Data_Decks_500090_DIVINE_VERDICT_README.TXT
My deck...if interested
(35.51 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
Last edited by nguyenxthinh on 28 Mar 2017, 15:49, edited 1 time in total.
nguyenxthinh

Postby nguyenxthinh » 28 Mar 2017, 15:47

After some matches I noticed my game stopped because of "THE MONARCH" token (or Crown-Hunter Hireling I am not sure though). :?
nguyenxthinh

Postby krishkrush » 28 Mar 2017, 21:14

Bug report: Tethered Griffin stays on the battlefield even when there's no enchantment under your control. Got this error message in the log:

Code: Select all
[lua] [string "TETHERED_GRIFFIN_CW_15769_TITLE (TRIGGER)~0x00001195"]:5: attempt to index a nil value
krishkrush

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Mar 2017, 21:19

Finnical wrote:Hoard-Smelter Dragon does not receive any power boost when destroying artifacts.
Hoard-Smelter Dragon should be fixed.

Finnical wrote:Grappling Hook doesn't appear to always function correctly. It appears to allow the opponent to choose to block a different creature. Also it behaves as if it is not a "you may" ability.
Grappling Hook should now behave as a "may" ability. It's also been updated to include the functionality needed to make it function at least mostly properly. It will not work with creatures with special blocking restrictions. It'll work for anything characteristic based such as flying, reach, shadow, menace (which also includes the more verbose "cannot be blocked except by two or more creatures"), and also includes "cannot be blocked except by 3 or more creature" and "cannot block alone". Those are characteristics under the hood.

Things like "can't block unless" (Blind-Spot Giant, for instance). Basically, anything that uses evasion tests or other special code. This also won't work for protection. At least not yet. I was, at one point, close to having protection working well, but I managed to lose the progress I'd made on it and never quite regained that progress. It should, however, work in at least most situations.

nguyenxthinh wrote:After some matches I noticed my game stopped because of "THE MONARCH" token (or Crown-Hunter Hireling I am not sure though). :?
Crown-Hunter Hireling and all other Monarch cards should be fixed. They all lacked the token registration. The monarch token (which I didn't even realize existed) is also an enchantment, but it wasn't accounted for in the CW's special enchantment filtering functions yet. So, while its shroud and indestructibility would have protected it from, say, War Priest of Thune, and its zone-change overrides might have protected it from The Great Aurora, it would have been counted by Shimatsu, the Bloodcloaked and Touch of the Eternal. It might have also worked very, very badly with something like Shimatsu by being a valid sacrifice target but overriding the sacrifice. Whether it would have or not, everything that looks at enchantments (or permanents) should correctly ignore it now (which has the dual effect of meaning the zone-change overrides shouldn't be needed now, though I didn't take them out. Always nice to have contingencies...).

Finnical wrote:Repairing Fellwar Stone must have involved replacing the card entirely; Any deck that had the stone in it now causes a game crash on open, and will need to be replaced by a new version of the deck. Not a problem, just clueing others in.

Edit: Fellwar Stone is still not functional; When ability is activated it flashes the message "Cannot produce mana."
To be fair, I did say that. I even gave it red lettering to make it stand out: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=15783&start=2730#p210908 :lol:

About it not working, I assume you have the most recent update? The "most" recent shouldn't be necessary, per se, but I just tested it and it worked exactly as it should have. Can someone else please test it so I can know if the problem is on Finnical's end or mine? I checked to make sure I didn't accidentally forget to add updated function files from my test folder to the CW or something, but nothing like that appears to be the case.

nguyenxthinh wrote:I just created a new deck of my own. After playing it with the AI I got a dmp file and the game froze. Could anyone take a look into it for me please? I am not good with technical stuff like this. I include the list of my cards in the deck if it may help to find out what caused my game stopped.
Also, I received another report from the game:
[lua] [string "HUNTERS_INSIGHT_CW_220291_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x0000029f"]:3: attempt to index local 'target' (a nil value)

(cannot upload dmp file :( ) https://www.mediafire.com/?8ar4nywmef309km
We can't use the dmp files anyway. However, for future reference, you can upload any file if you first zip it with 7-zip or winzip into a .zip file.

Regardless, Hunter's Insight is fixed. It probably was behaving completely correctly. It was just that after the creature was destroyed (or otherwise gone), it kept trying to affect it. It failed, of course, but as long as the creature was there, it probably worked fine.

I've also fixed a few random other cards.
Silhana Ledgewalker
Elven Riders
Joven's Tools
Evil Eye of Orms-by-Gore
Amrou Seekers (Had intimidate, which would malfunction if it became another color)
Seeker

Technically, Silhana Ledgewalker didn't need "fixed", but it was the only card in the entire game using the function "CantBeBlockedExceptBy_Set(EVASION_INDEX_...)" correctly. The two listed after it were using "CanOnlyBeBlockedBy_Set", which isn't a function, and they were also using "EVASION_INDEX_WALL", which isn't an evasion index constant. (Perhaps it used to be in previous versions?)

----

And finally, I also got rid of the reminder text on all cards with flying. (Might not have caught them all, but it should at least be most of them.) I really want to make that a long-term goal. Get rid of ALL reminder text. The game has a much better method of showing reminder text using the "More info" button when a player doesn't remember/know how a mechanic works.

EDIT: For the record, I haven't forgotten Bushi Tenderfoot. I'm just a terribly inconsistent person. I'm sorry. :(
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 28 Mar 2017, 21:32

krishkrush wrote:Bug report: Tethered Griffin stays on the battlefield even when there's no enchantment under your control. Got this error message in the log:

[lua] [string "TETHERED_GRIFFIN_CW_15769_TITLE (TRIGGER)~0x00001195"]:5: attempt to index a nil value
Didn't notice this one. Should be fixed now.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 29 Mar 2017, 04:16

Bug report:

Sultai Charm : could not target and destroy Bitterblossom.
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 29 Mar 2017, 04:40

This is because I messed up CW_FILTERS.LOL. It was failing for all cards that use that file. It's fixed now and the CW is repacking as I type this.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Xander9009 » 30 Mar 2017, 09:39

I was feeling motivated after getting Emblems working well, so I also went ahead and slightly reworked the monarch mechanic. I really like using a token for it to show who it is. That's absolutely awesome, so I focused on making it easier to do. I made a function file for it named "CW_MONARCH.LOL". It might have been unnecessary since it's only got three functions, but it contains CW_Monarch_Set({oPlayer == EffetcController()})" and "CW_Monarch_Get()". The latter returns either the player who is the current monarch or nil.

Now, to make someone the monarch, you don't need to worry about any complicated code on the card itself, just calling CW_Monarch_Set() will make EffectController the monarch. The token itself now also doesn't need the special protections it had, because all cards should ignore it.

In addition, I set up a more reliable method of determining when to trigger "when you become the monarch" type abilities, and also made it easier to check custom triggers. As an example, here's the second ability's trigger on Custodi Lich
<TRIGGER value="PHENOMENON_ENCOUNTERED" simple_qualifier="objectyoucontrol">
   return CW_General_GetTrigger() == CW_TRIGGER_BECAME_MONARCH
</TRIGGER>
Finally, now, instead of The Monarch token being marked as a token with "TOKEN_" in its filename, it begins with an underscore to denote its inappropriateness for use directly in a deck.

I've updated all cards that refer to the mechanic. While updating these, I also corrected a few that had intervening if clauses but no intervening if blocks.

I'm going to upload them tomorrow, though, because I want to test them each individually first.
Xander9009
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to 2014