It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 07:27

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 16 Jan 2017, 13:08

Splinterverse wrote:
addict insane wrote:Also

Gavony Township: Even though I have the Manual Mana version, it taps by itself paying for an extra mana cost of everything I play. Say, a stoneforge mystic should need to lands, but Gavony Township taps itself as a third land paying for mana. When you get the choice to choose how to pay for spells, I press control to change how I pay for the spell but Gavony Township is always set to pay for an extra "ghost" mana if you wanna call it that.

It seems not to happen with all spells, but I think you can try Intangible Virtue with it, it's currently giving me the bug of costing three mana with the gavony.
I believe I have fixed the MM version of Gavony Township. I haven't tested it, so please do if you have time. I have uploaded it so it should appear in the next CW update.

Thanks for reporting this.
Thank you for fixing it, and so fast. When you talk about the next update, you mean I should wait until tomorrow, right? I read somewhere updates are done at night time?
addict insane

Postby Xander9009 » 16 Jan 2017, 13:09

addict insane wrote:
Splinterverse wrote:
addict insane wrote:Also

Gavony Township: Even though I have the Manual Mana version, it taps by itself paying for an extra mana cost of everything I play. Say, a stoneforge mystic should need to lands, but Gavony Township taps itself as a third land paying for mana. When you get the choice to choose how to pay for spells, I press control to change how I pay for the spell but Gavony Township is always set to pay for an extra "ghost" mana if you wanna call it that.

It seems not to happen with all spells, but I think you can try Intangible Virtue with it, it's currently giving me the bug of costing three mana with the gavony.
I believe I have fixed the MM version of Gavony Township. I haven't tested it, so please do if you have time. I have uploaded it so it should appear in the next CW update.

Thanks for reporting this.
Thank you for fixing it, and so fast. When you talk about the next update, you mean I should wait until tomorrow, right? I read somewhere updates are done at night time?
Updates are done (normally) between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 16 Jan 2017, 16:32

addict insane wrote:Thank you for fixing it, and so fast. When you talk about the next update, you mean I should wait until tomorrow, right? I read somewhere updates are done at night time?
No problem. I like to respond as quick as I can. I can't always do that since I do have a day job, but I try my best. :)
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 16 Jan 2017, 16:40

I've been continuing the effort to update lands with improved auto-tap code from Xander.

Today, I have updated over 200 lands that should appear in the next CW update.

There's still more to do.

Today's update focused on finding which lands did not have an auto version at all and making one.

With today's update, there are only 51 that do not have auto versions. There are reasons for that and we may be able to convert them to automatic at a later time. I am keeping track and will report on them all when I have completed my work on this effort.

Xander, there are some lands that are MM but did not have MM in their filenames. I have uploaded MM versions of those, but I'm guessing we can't remove the erroneous non-MM versions since people might have put them in their decks (a deck that is missing a card will cause a game crash). In any case, here's a list in case you want to remove the auto versions:
Lands missing MM in name | Open
Dwarven Hold
Fountain of Cho
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Hollow Trees
Icatian Store
Land Cap
Lava Tubes
Lotus Vale
Meteor Crater
River Delta
River of Tears
Sand Silos
Saprazzan Cove
Subterranean Hangar
Timberline Ridge

Also, Xander, I mistakenly uploaded a test file a while back. It's called RENEGADE_RALLIER_TEST... Would you be able to remove it please?
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Jan 2017, 02:48

Splinterverse wrote:I've been continuing the effort to update lands with improved auto-tap code from Xander.

Today, I have updated over 200 lands that should appear in the next CW update.

There's still more to do.

Today's update focused on finding which lands did not have an auto version at all and making one.

With today's update, there are only 51 that do not have auto versions. There are reasons for that and we may be able to convert them to automatic at a later time. I am keeping track and will report on them all when I have completed my work on this effort.

Xander, there are some lands that are MM but did not have MM in their filenames. I have uploaded MM versions of those, but I'm guessing we can't remove the erroneous non-MM versions since people might have put them in their decks (a deck that is missing a card will cause a game crash). In any case, here's a list in case you want to remove the auto versions:
Lands missing MM in name | Open
Dwarven Hold
Fountain of Cho
Hall of the Bandit Lord
Hollow Trees
Icatian Store
Land Cap
Lava Tubes
Lotus Vale
Meteor Crater
River Delta
River of Tears
Sand Silos
Saprazzan Cove
Subterranean Hangar
Timberline Ridge

Also, Xander, I mistakenly uploaded a test file a while back. It's called RENEGADE_RALLIER_TEST... Would you be able to remove it please?
The original idea behind putting MM in the filename was to provide choice to the player. Since the MM and non-MM lands played so differently, any lands that could have both versions should have, and the players needed a simple way to distinguish them. However, for lands with no reasonable non-MM version, there's no choice, and thus no reason to have the name anything other than its normal name.
Meteor Crater, River of Tears, and Lotus Vale actually could have been done with non-MM, but that's probably why many of them don't have MM in their name. Of course, it's also possible they were just flukes (like the three I mentioned). That said, with your current work, all of the MM versions of cards will eventually be removed, leaving one version of land with all of the benefits of both types, except for cases like most of those listed here where they can't have real non-MM versions. But they'll still have MM removed from their filenames, since there can only be one version, and thus there's nothing from which to distinguish them.
Also, I don't see anything with RENEGADE_RALLIER_TEST in the name. I see RENEGADE_RALLIER, but no test file.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 17 Jan 2017, 11:15

Xander9009 wrote:Also, I don't see anything with RENEGADE_RALLIER_TEST in the name. I see RENEGADE_RALLIER, but no test file.
Ok. It's probably just something that was in my local version then. Thanks for checking.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 17 Jan 2017, 12:42

I'm curious what the following code is used for.

It appears in many places where life gain is occurring.

Code: Select all
<AUTO_SKIP>
    local effectController = EffectController()
    if effectController:GetTeam():IsSharedLifeTotal() == true then
       if effectController:GetLifeTotal() &gt;= 30 then
          return true
       end
    else
       if effectController:GetLifeTotal() &gt;= 20 then
          return true
       end
    end   
    return false
</AUTO_SKIP>
Does this code block prevent the life gain or ?
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 17 Jan 2017, 14:05

The first phase of updating nonbasic lands is complete. This will be reflected in the next CW update.

The work involved updating single and dual lands with improved auto/MM tapping capabilities.

Future phases would involve the tri-lands and any color lands as well as some lands that have other considerations.

Visit the following thread for more information: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=20023
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 17 Jan 2017, 18:16

I'm noticing strange behavior regarding creatures that gain pluses to power/toughness. So far these include only Sylvan Advocate and Warden of the First Tree. Maybe it's nothing on your part that you guys can fix, but the AI seems to be doing all the math wrong assuming the creature hasn't gained any pluses. For example, after Sylvan Advocate has become a 4/5, the AI will still block it with three 1/1's as if trying to kill the 2/3 Sylvan Advocate used to be.

What's strange is that this behaviour worked correctly for Lords (e.g. Merfolk deck), but it may be because AI was programmed to deal with the illusions lord and the human lord that come in vanilla. This also occurs with Delver (When he transforms, AI goes wonkers. Will even go as far as completely ignoring him while having two removal spells in hand) and I asked about it aprox. a year ago, but I don't remember what Xander's response was.

What I find weird is that these creatures are not transforming (Advocate and Warden), they're merely changing stats and I hadn't yet had any issues with the AI dealing with that.

EDIT: I'm playing Abzan from Standard a while back as you can see and Gideon, Ally of Zendikar is sometimes ignored by the AI? The AI blocked him once and then never again, and also refused to attack me with its 2/4 while all I had on board was a 2/2 knight token from Gideon and Gideon himself. Usually I get the opposite behaviour from the AI, them blindly attacking into plneswalkers.

PS: (How do you spell behaviour? My spell correct is in spanish).

EDIT 2: Also...

[lua] [string "WARDEN_OF_THE_FIRST_TREE_CW_391954_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000601"]:2: attempt to index a nil value

[lua] [string "HISSING_QUAGMIRE_MM_CW_407681_TITLE (CONTINUOUS_ACTION)~0x00000e92"]:4:
parameter mismatch or too few parameters [expected bzS32]

I've moved from a 64 bit to a 32 bit system, and I'm thinking that's what's behind the wonky AI behaviour. It's doing things it wouldn't normally do. Either that, or the entire Abzan Midrange deck of early 2016 is getting the AI to act weird. Does anyone have any experience with this?
Last edited by addict insane on 17 Jan 2017, 19:16, edited 1 time in total.
addict insane

Postby thefiremind » 17 Jan 2017, 19:13

addict insane wrote:PS: (How do you spell behaviour? My spell correct is in spanish).
I think (but I'm not native English either, so I'm not 100% sure) that both versions are correct since the one with the "u" is British and the one without the "u" is American (just like colour/color).
< Former DotP 2012/2013/2014 modder >
Currently busy with life...
thefiremind
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 17 Jan 2017, 19:41

thefiremind wrote:
addict insane wrote:PS: (How do you spell behaviour? My spell correct is in spanish).
I think (but I'm not native English either, so I'm not 100% sure) that both versions are correct since the one with the "u" is British and the one without the "u" is American (just like colour/color).
You are correct.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 17 Jan 2017, 22:42

BUG REPORT:

Jace, Architect of the Mind - his second ability is asking the opponent to choose a player rather than a card and, as such, all three cards go to Jace's controller's hand. I looked at the code and I can't see where the fix needs to be made.

Also, I'm getting this error in the log. It has appeared several times after playing a multitude of decks, so I don't think it's from a specific card:
[lua] [string "Content\Functions\CW_MANA.LOL"]:114: bad argument #2 to 'random' (interval is empty)
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 18 Jan 2017, 01:38

Splinterverse wrote:I'm curious what the following code is used for.

It appears in many places where life gain is occurring.

<AUTO_SKIP>
    local effectController = EffectController()
    if effectController:GetTeam():IsSharedLifeTotal() == true then
       if effectController:GetLifeTotal() &gt;= 30 then
          return true
       end
    else
       if effectController:GetLifeTotal() &gt;= 20 then
          return true
       end
    end   
    return false
</AUTO_SKIP>
Does this code block prevent the life gain or ?
An AUTO_SKIP block causes a spell or ability to skip the stack. It just resolves if the block returns true. It's used in places where, while there technically should be a chance to respond, the likelihood of that chance being vital is very low. For instance, if an effect causes you to gain 3 life, but you already have a bunch of life, it's unlikely that it'll matter whether or not your opponent gets a chance to respond. It technically fails in certain situations, but it's a feature the developers implemented, and we've kept things in line with that more or less. I believe it's controlled by the player setting "Automatically resolve certain abilities". When that setting is active, the auto_skip blocks are ignored, and only abilities marked as forced_skip will skip the timer.

The code you posted causes the life gain to simply happen immediately without having to wait for the timer. (I said it skips the stack, but as far as the engine is concerned, it likely uses the stack. It just doesn't initiate a timer.) However, the life gain would only be immediate if the player's life is already more than their starting life total.

Incidentally, there's a one-liner that can achieve the same thing: "return EffectController():GetLifeTotal() &gt;= CW_General_StartingLifeTotal()"

----

Jace, Architect of Thought (not of the Mind :P ) will take some testing, but I'm pretty sure I see the issue. When choosing a card, it's calling ChooseItems (for splitting the piles). But ChooseItems is for use with filters. It makes the player on which the function is called choose items from the last filter. But the last filter that existed in the ability was for the players. It should be choosing from the queryDC that was created, and thus simply changing it from ChooseItems to ChooseItemsFromDC (and adding the queryDC as the first parameter) should fix it. I've gone ahead and done this, but I don't know if it will fix the issue.

----

The error you mentioned from CW_Mana is likely coming from the new mana abilities. I'm not certain off-hand why, but I've altered then functions a very small amount so now instead of an error when you close the game, it should show an error in-game telling you which card is producing the error. It's the function "CW_Mana_GetRandomProducibleColor" and the error will be "No producible color found." See if maybe it's caused by colorless lands or lands not marked properly with Riiak's marking function "RSN_MarkCanProduceMana("SOME_MANA_STRING")".

----

I don't see anything wrong with Warden of the First Tree, but I did add in a couple of extra checks to make sure things are valid before using them. It should prevent the errors, but if it was actually misbehaving, this won't fix it.

Hissing Quagmire had a typo, which is now fixed.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 18 Jan 2017, 01:58

Bug report:

Aetherstorm Roc: After I paid 2 energy counters, I could not tap any creature the defending player controlled.

Lightning Axe: It is not fixed yet. I cast it and chose to pay 5 manas, but only 1 mana was actually paid and target creature was destroyed.

Heart of Kiran: it is not fixed yet. I still could enable its "crew 1" ability ,which made it a creature,by randomly selecting a permanent on the battleground even though I did not control any planeswalker.

Depala, Pilot Exemplar : When she was tapped, I did not pay any mana actually but could reveal and draw cards. The cards exiled were exiled and faced up instead.

Bomat Courier: I paid one red mana but my hand was not discarded. Nor did I get the cards exiled by the Bomat Courier.
tmxk2012917

Postby Splinterverse » 18 Jan 2017, 11:06

tmxk2012917 wrote:Aetherstorm Roc: After I paid 2 energy counters, I could not tap any creature the defending player controlled.
I have made an attempted fix and uploaded. The code looked okay to me, so I swapped out how the defending player is filtered. Hopefully that fixes it. Not tested.

tmxk2012917 wrote:Lightning Axe: It is not fixed yet. I cast it and chose to pay 5 manas, but only 1 mana was actually paid and target creature was destroyed.
Maybe Xander or someone can take a look at this one. I don't see any issues in the code.

tmxk2012917 wrote:Heart of Kiran: it is not fixed yet. I still could enable its "crew 1" ability ,which made it a creature,by randomly selecting a permanent on the battleground even though I did not control any planeswalker.
I found an error in the filtering for the planeswalker. I have fixed that and uploaded. Not tested.

tmxk2012917 wrote:Depala, Pilot Exemplar : When she was tapped, I did not pay any mana actually but could reveal and draw cards. The cards exiled were exiled and faced up instead.
I added a check to make sure you have paid the cost before it goes any further. Hopefully that fixes it. Not tested.

tmxk2012917 wrote:Bomat Courier: I paid one red mana but my hand was not discarded. Nor did I get the cards exiled by the Bomat Courier.
There was an error in the "put in hand" code. I have fixed that and tested it.

All of the fixes should appear in the next CW update.

Thanks for reporting these, tmxk2012917. We appreciate your help in making sure the cards work.

GENERAL NOTE:
When I first played the Bomat Courier today, on exit, a file called SCRIPT_LOG.TXT popped up. It was very helpful in solving the problem. If you guys experience a bug and this file pops up, it is really helpful to us. The file is stored in your main game folder and always has the same name. If the file is closed when the game is started, it will erase the contents and only populate it with errors found from the time you opened the game to the time you closed it (which is what you want; a fresh file to isolate the errors). It doesn't catch every error, but when it does, it can be a quick way for us to fix it. You can attach the file or just copy/paste the contents into a post. It doesn't always show up or contain anything useful, so no worries if you don't. Just an option for you. EDIT TO ADD: You don't have to do anything to create/update this file; if the game finds a reason to use it, it will create/update it. However, if you do have the file open to view (like to copy/paste for us), just make sure you close it before starting your game again (this will refresh it).
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014