It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 23:48

Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby addict insane » 18 Jan 2017, 14:34

No replies on weird AI behaviour? :(

Bug report:

Archangel Avacyn: When transforming, deals 3 damage to each player (self included), as opposed to each opponent, which is what it should do.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse2 » 18 Jan 2017, 14:46

addict insane wrote:No replies on weird AI behaviour?
I am not sure what you are experiencing. We don't have much control over AI behavior on the modding side. We can influence some things, like telling it which phases it should cast a spell in or whether it should target an ally or an enemy. Beyond that, most AI behavior is governed by the engine, which we can't modify.

That said, I sometimes see odd behavior. For example, I was playing a two-headed match with an AI partner and it had two Path to Exile cards in hand but never played them. And we needed them played. But, most of the time, the AI perfoms surprisingly well. In fact, I find it to be "smarter" than the AI for Magic Duels.

Things that can help are giving the AI non-MM lands and not counting on combos. The AI doesn't always understand what the goal of the deck is so the combos might not go off.

I haven't seen anything specifically like what you mentioned, but I am on 64-bit, so perhaps that has an impact.
Splinterverse2

Postby addict insane » 18 Jan 2017, 15:29

Basically the only deck I let the AI run is Avacyn's Glory, since it understands it very well and seems to make the most of it (doing things like waiting for me to waste mana equiping cranial plating on a creature to then path to exile it at instant speed before combat, etc.)

I don't think the AI would run any other deck well except, what, Legacy Zoo? MAYBE Merfolk but then it might choose to counterspell the wrong things.

If you've been able to run powerful decks with the AI, as in, more powerful than Avacyn's, please let me know. (Avacyn's can nut draw into a turn 3 kill, Angelic Overseer is NOT an easy creature to deal with, Baneslayer Angel is the clock of doom, etc.) I actually am not able to consistenly beat Avacyn's with Modern UR lists.

Sorry for going Off-topic. I'll shut up now.
addict insane

Postby Splinterverse » 19 Jan 2017, 11:16

addict insane wrote:Basically the only deck I let the AI run is Avacyn's Glory, since it understands it very well and seems to make the most of it (doing things like waiting for me to waste mana equiping cranial plating on a creature to then path to exile it at instant speed before combat, etc.)

I don't think the AI would run any other deck well except, what, Legacy Zoo? MAYBE Merfolk but then it might choose to counterspell the wrong things.

If you've been able to run powerful decks with the AI, as in, more powerful than Avacyn's, please let me know. (Avacyn's can nut draw into a turn 3 kill, Angelic Overseer is NOT an easy creature to deal with, Baneslayer Angel is the clock of doom, etc.) I actually am not able to consistenly beat Avacyn's with Modern UR lists.

Sorry for going Off-topic. I'll shut up now.
I only play against AI and I let it play all kinds of decks. I'm usually playing Free-for-All or Two-Headed Giant, but sometimes I play 1v1 matches. Really, the only time I play with another human is locally with a game controller. I will also sometimes use the game controller to control both decks in a Two-Headed Giant match.

Since I only play AI, I recently started converting a lot of the decks I downloaded from the CW to be AI friendly. There are really only two things I had to do to them to make them that way: (1) make sure they had the small circle image under the personality (otherwise they can't be targeted in free-for-all), and (2) make sure the lands were non-MM. Some decks just aren't AI compatible. They use "tapped for mana" abilities or they have obscure combos that are just really hard for the AI to understand. But, for the most part, I find that that the AI plays pretty well. Surprisingly well in some instances. A good way to see how well the AI will do with a deck is to partner with it for Two-Headed Giant. Then, you can see exactly what it will play and when.

I've also made a lot of decks that the AI plays well. At some point, I might share some of those in the CW. You can make almost any net deck since we have 97% of the cards made in-game. I make some from TappedOut, DeckStats and other great sites. Just opt for non-MM where you can. And, you will find a few that you can't make because some of the cards are missing or impossible. But, I find that the vast majority can be made.

In the mean time, I do have a list of ones that I have confirmed play well out-of-the-box from the CW:
CW DECKS THE AI PLAYS WELL | Open
31742 RECLUSIVE DEMON
31757 MONOBLACK DEVOTION
31759 MONOBLUE DEVOTION
31760 MONORED DEVOTION
31761 RED DECK WINS
31762 MONOWHITE DEVOTION
81259 GRULL MONSTERS
100000 GARRUKS VALUE
100008 ANGELIC CHORUS
100011 ATHREOS GOD OF HUMANS
100012 BIG SCARY DRAGONS
100016 CHASM SKULKER
100022 HORNETS NEST
100024 MONOWHITE EQUIPMENT
100026 HAIL HYDRA
100027 WASTE NOT
100028 THE BLACK ROSE
100029 SPIRITUAL BONDS
100031 ENSOULED ARTIFACTS
100032 SELVALAS CHARGE
100035 MUZZIOS WORKSHOP
100040 MONORED DEVOTION
100041 JALIRAS WRATH
100060 SEND IN THE CLONES
100062 HOWL OF THE HORDE
100066 MONO GREEN DEVOTION
100084 GISA CALLER OF THE DAMNED
100085 SCRAP MASTERY
100089 TITANIA PROTECTOR OF THE LOAM
131404 SETESSAN COLOSSI AND FRIENDS
131405 EQUIPPED FOR WAR
131406 DOUBLE TROUBLE
131408 SOUL SISTERS
131414 ANCIENT RELICS
131423 THE MEANING OF LIFE
131429 THE HIGH LIFE
131461 THE WESTERN WAY
131465 DEVOTED TO OBLITERATION
19902 TFM Rituals of Rebirth
19904 TFM Phyrexian Poison
19905 TFM The Esper iment
19906 TFM Golem Assault
19908 TFM Fresh Dead Meat
19911 TFM Counters Mastery
19913 TFM Unending Thirst
19916 TFM Journey to Bant
19922 TFM Future Myr
19925 TFM Wings of Justice
19926 TFM Devotion to Chaos
19928 TFM Kamikaze
31715 BATTLEDRIVER BURN
31734 SCREECHING RATS
31775 MERFOLKS
31783 MONOBLACK
86800 PUZZLE BOX ABUNDANCE
86801 THE DISCARDER
86804 INFINITE DREAMS
86805 DRAW CARNIVAL
86807 REBIRTH OF THE HEART
86809 PROSPERITY THE DRAWBACK
86810 BLACK PROSPERITY
86811 MASS DISCARD
86812 ABUNDANT PROSPERITY
86813 PEACE AND QUIET
86818 COWARDICE
86819 TIMESIFT
86820 TIMESIFT CONTROL
86821 QUEST FOR ULAS TEMPLE
86823 THE UNBLOCKABLE
86824 ONLY DARKNESS
86825 GREEN MANA DESTRUCTION
86826 COMBO HIVE
86828 MANA MEGALOMANIA
86829 LOOSE GAIN BOUNCE
86831 PROSPEROUSLY DISCARDED
147008 RUMBLE IN THE JUNGLE
147021 UNFLINCHING ASSAULT FRF INTRO
147022 CUNNING PLAN FRF INTRO
147023 GRAVE ADVANTAGE FRF INTRO
147024 STAMPEDING HORDES FRF INTRO
147025 SURPRISE ATTACK FRF INTRO
147036 MASSED RANKS DTK IP
147037 ENLIGHTENED MASTERY DTK IP
147038 CRUEL PLOTS DTK IP
147039 RELENTLESS RUSH DTK IP
147040 FURIOUS FORCES DTK IP

I didn't include the decks from the core game or the official expansions, but the AI can play those as well.

I encourage you to try some of the others. I haven't tested every deck, and like I said, I've converted many others that work great. If you find one that it isn't playing well, use the "Create From Existing Deck" option in the File menu of the deck builder to open that deck and then swap out the MM lands for non-MM. You'll need to save it as a new deck (new ID), but that's okay.
---------------------------------------------
The DOTP2014 CW is updated nightly between 11 PM and 12 AM EST.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Impossible Cards List | Update Your Land Pools
Splinterverse

Postby addict insane » 19 Jan 2017, 22:50

Thanks for the list, Splinter. I'll take a closer look at it when I can.

In the mean time, I don't know if this has been fixed yet:

[lua] [string "TIRELESS_TRACKER_CW_409997_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00001414"]:2: attempt to index a nil value
addict insane

Postby tmxk2012917 » 19 Jan 2017, 23:38

Bug report:

Temple Garden, Hallowed Fountain: They entered the battleground tapped automatically and I could not choose to pay 2 life to make them enter the battleground untapped. All are non-MM version.

Depala, Pilot Exemplar : Not fixed yet. When she was tapped, I did not pay any mana actually but could reveal and draw cards.
tmxk2012917

Postby nivmizzet1 » 20 Jan 2017, 08:12

Bug report:

I think there's a bug with Obelisk of Urd. It seems to randomly buff opponent creatures (I say randomly because they aren't creatures of the chosen type -- in this example the creature type "soldier" was chosen -- and it doesn't buff them all; but in reality I think it just buffs all opponent creatures that enter the battelfield after it entered)
20170120183713_1.jpg
nivmizzet1

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jan 2017, 11:48

addict insane wrote:In the mean time, I don't know if this has been fixed yet:
[lua] [string "TIRELESS_TRACKER_CW_409997_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00001414"]:2: attempt to index a nil value
In my experience, sometimes the nil errors are okay. In this case, it was probably a trigger firing that caused it, but if the card worked properly in game, there may be nothing to fix. I looked at the code and I don't see anything jumping out as "wrong." That said, if you see a nil error AND something does go wrong in game related to the card with the error, we'll want to investigate those.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jan 2017, 12:17

tmxk2012917 wrote:Bug report:

Temple Garden, Hallowed Fountain: They entered the battleground tapped automatically and I could not choose to pay 2 life to make them enter the battleground untapped. All are non-MM version.

Depala, Pilot Exemplar : Not fixed yet. When she was tapped, I did not pay any mana actually but could reveal and draw cards.
Xander is probably going to have to take a look at these. I can't see what's wrong in the code for Depala.

For Temple Garden and Hallowed Fountain, the issue has to do with the new land code. The code for the lands' transition ability is the same as it was before. The difference here is the new land code has been added for the mana ability.

The new land code has triggered abilities that fire "as the land enters" and these particular lands have their own triggered abilities that fire "as the land enters", so I believe there could be a conflict there. I have attempted to add priority tags, and I have also tried making the random producible color block fire on zonechange_end instead, but neither of those solutions fixed the problem.

This issue impacts the following lands:
-- Blood Crypt
-- Breeding Pool
-- Godless Shrine
-- Hallowed Fountain
-- Overgrown Tomb
-- Sacred Foundry
-- Steam Vents
-- Stomping Ground
-- Temple Garden
-- Watery Grave

Until these are fixed, the lands will still work. You will just automatically be having them come into play tapped.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Splinterverse » 20 Jan 2017, 19:05

Continuing the land work, I am updating other types of cards that can be tapped for mana. I won't be posting lists of what's being updated, but please know that you may see new non-MM versions available. Today, I completed all of the Cluestones and Signets.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby Xander9009 » 21 Jan 2017, 07:33

Splinterverse wrote:
tmxk2012917 wrote:Bug report:

Xander is probably going to have to take a look at these. I can't see what's wrong in the code for Depala.

For Temple Garden and Hallowed Fountain, the issue has to do with the new land code. The code for the lands' transition ability is the same as it was before. The difference here is the new land code has been added for the mana ability.

The new land code has triggered abilities that fire "as the land enters" and these particular lands have their own triggered abilities that fire "as the land enters", so I believe there could be a conflict there. I have attempted to add priority tags, and I have also tried making the random producible color block fire on zonechange_end instead, but neither of those solutions fixed the problem.

This issue impacts the following lands:
-- Blood Crypt
-- Breeding Pool
-- Godless Shrine
-- Hallowed Fountain
-- Overgrown Tomb
-- Sacred Foundry
-- Steam Vents
-- Stomping Ground
-- Temple Garden
-- Watery Grave

Until these are fixed, the lands will still work. You will just automatically be having them come into play tapped.
I think you might have accidentally removed the lands' "pay 2 life" resource cost when converting to the new code. Make sure when you this back into those that their references to resource cost 2 are changed to resource cost 20 to avoid conflicts with the resource mana abilities:
Code: Select all
   <UTILITY_ABILITY resource_id="20">
      <COST type="Life" amount="2" />
   </UTILITY_ABILITY>
Depala, Pilot Exemplar is fixed. It was missing the {} around the mana cost in the PayManaCost function. It said oController:PayManaCost(iNumChoice) instead of oController:PayManaCost("{"..iNumChoice.."}").
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 21 Jan 2017, 11:25

Xander9009 wrote:I think you might have accidentally removed the lands' "pay 2 life" resource cost when converting to the new code. Make sure when you this back into those that their references to resource cost 2 are changed to resource cost 20 to avoid conflicts with the resource mana abilities:
Code: Select all
   <UTILITY_ABILITY resource_id="20">
      <COST type="Life" amount="2" />
   </UTILITY_ABILITY>
Originally, I did accidentally remove the Utility Ability, but then I realized my mistake and went back and added it in to these cards, but I didn't notice the conflict between the resource_ids. Looking at it now, it's obvious. Thanks for spotting it. :)

I have fixed all of these lands and uploaded them. The corrections should appear in the next CW update.

I have also uploaded Baral, Chief of Compliance, which has been tested.
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

Postby MasterXploder7 » 22 Jan 2017, 06:50

I was looking in the deck builder and some of the cards are using the chaos symbol instead of the dual mana symbol. I looked in the card itself and have found that {Q} is used for many symbols, like the representation of dual colors, the untap symbol and of course the colorless mana symbol.

These cards are showing wrong symbols:
Shaman of the Great Hunt
Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Edit:
After 20 minutes of playing in the deck builder I've found that the symbol that it needs to be is {C} or {c} instead of {Q} or {q}

To add, Mana Cache is missing any form of mana symbols it seems
"Hate is an everlasting wellspring from which it is eternally sustained." - Nirkana Revenant
MasterXploder7

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Jan 2017, 10:37

MasterXploder7 wrote:I was looking in the deck builder and some of the cards are using the chaos symbol instead of the dual mana symbol. I looked in the card itself and have found that {Q} is used for many symbols, like the representation of dual colors, the untap symbol and of course the colorless mana symbol.

Shaman of the Great Hunt
Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Edit:
After 20 minutes of playing in the deck builder I've found that the symbol that it needs to be is {C} or {c} instead of {Q} or {q}

This is a by-product of the new waste mana. We need to differentiate between {1} and {C} ({C} being waste mana). However, there is no way to actually change the in-game symbols that we've found, and almost definitely no way to add new ones. So, it was decided that since the chaos symbol was unused in 2014, it would have to serve as a substitute.

{Q} should display the chaos symbol in-game, which should be interpreted as a waste mana.
{q} should display the untap symbol.
{C} should display a white left-facing arrow (should not be used on any cards).
{c} should display {G/U}.

If we do find a way to change the icons themselves, we'd probably replace the arrow, but that's so far impossible.

Anyway, for the two you mentioned, they've been fixed. I've also tried searching for any others that aren't right, but didn't find any (but my search was hindered by the fact that it was case-insensitive).
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby Splinterverse » 22 Jan 2017, 10:38

MasterXploder7 wrote:I was looking in the deck builder and some of the cards are using the chaos symbol instead of the dual mana symbol. I looked in the card itself and have found that {Q} is used for many symbols, like the representation of dual colors, the untap symbol and of course the colorless mana symbol.

Shaman of the Great Hunt
Tasigur, the Golden Fang

Edit:

Your post reminded me of something I wanted to do, which was create a legend of how the symbols appear in-game and in the deck-builder.

To that end I have attached two images; one for each environment.

EDIT TO ADD: I also fixed Mana Cache.
Attachments
Letter_Key_In_Game.jpg
Letter_Key_In_Deck_Builder.png
Known Issues/Bugs |
Splinterverse

PreviousNext

Return to 2014