Text Size

Community Wad

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Community Wad

Postby sunds » 14 Mar 2017, 12:05

Xander9009 wrote:
sunds wrote:Bug report.

Data_Decks_201627_SLIVER_KRUPHIX
Megantic Sliver -- I can't cast it when I have white basic land, black basic land, and four sliver hive for green mana and three colorless mana.
I recreated this exact setup using both the manual mana version and the non-MM version of Sliver Hive, and both worked fine...? Not sure why you'd have this issue or how to fix it if I can't reproduce it.
I think I could use a wrong version. It was version 758, and the issue happened several times. I downloaded version 759 right now, and it works fine. That confused me, and thanks Xander9009 :)
sunds

Postby tmxk2012917 » 15 Mar 2017, 00:33

bug report:

Sadistic Sacrament: After being cast, it entered the graveyard directly. I could not search and exile cards from the opponent's library
tmxk2012917

Postby sunds » 17 Mar 2017, 06:19

Bug report.

[lua] [string "NISSAS_REVELATION_CW_398506_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000477"]:5: attempt to call method 'GetType' (a nil value)
sunds

Postby Xander9009 » 17 Mar 2017, 06:25

tmxk2012917 wrote:bug report:

Sadistic Sacrament: After being cast, it entered the graveyard directly. I could not search and exile cards from the opponent's library
This should be fixed, but it does need to be tested. It probably mostly "worked", except for a tiny bug which had the opponent choosing which cards to exile. Unsurprisingly, it probably chose not to exile any, and thus the spell seemed to fizzle. This has been corrected.

sunds wrote:Bug report.

[lua] [string "NISSAS_REVELATION_CW_398506_TITLE (RESOLUTION_TIME_ACTION)~0x00000477"]:5: attempt to call method 'GetType' (a nil value)
Fixed. GetType should have been GetSubType.

----

Also corrected:
The Great Aurora - This was less "fixed" and more of an improvement. Explained below.
Dictate of Karametra's - It was using the timer as if it wasn't a mana ability.
Pyromancer's Goggles - It wasn't copying the spell. It also was using the timer as if it wasn't a mana ability.
Bayou - It had the wrong multiverseID, which caused the deck gallery to show the wrong card. (It had the MID of the base-game's Bayou, which tells me they may actually reuse some MIDs between DotP and actual cards...)

I've also altered the non-MM version of a few cards to have the updated mana functions:
Rogue's Passage
Foundry of the Consuls

Finally, I removed reminder text from the Temple of Epiphany cycle.

Regarding The Great Aurora, I gave it some extra code. This new code should go through all untapped lands on the battlefield that have a basic land type. Before shuffling them into their owners' libraries, they are tapped for mana. This means that both you and your opponents tap your lands as you would actually do in a paper magic game.

This actually works properly with cards like Dictate of Karametra because I updated the MM functions to allow a card to be passed in as an optional parameter. If it's missing (the case with all cards that produce mana except for The Great Aurora right now), then it behaves like normal. But if the card is provided, then it will actually cause that card to be the producer. Before this, the only way for one card to have another produce mana was to use granted abilities. Simply having the pointer wasn't enough.

This can be extended to other cards that remove lands from the battlefield (or tap them, frankly).

It probably should be altered slightly to include Wastes, and maybe exclude specific cards (like City of Brass, should it somehow gain a basic land type such as via Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth).

----

UPDATE
Unrelated to the above (except that it's sort of what prompted me to fix these), the deck gallery is finally released on the main site.

https://sites.google.com/site/dotpcommunitywad/decks

There are some issues that I'm aware of, but I haven't figured out yet where they're coming from. Specifically, some of the download links aren't working. I don't know why, but I did check that the user pages' download links all do work, so even if you can't download single decks, you should be able to download the user's entire collection and pull out the single one you want. For the user pages, the fix was just to upload them again, so I'll try the same thing with the various decks that are having the issue.

Many of my decks are going to go through changes in the next day or so, as I'm going through them and fixing simple things like land choices.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 18 Mar 2017, 04:00

Can't find referenced card: BRUSE_TARL_BOORISH_HERDER_CW_420647 for deck D14_20150176_BUG_TEZ in Data_Decks_20150176_BUG_TEZ

After I updated CW tonight, BRUSE_TARL_BOORISH_HERDER_CW_420647 missed.
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 18 Mar 2017, 06:37

tmxk2012917 wrote:Can't find referenced card: BRUSE_TARL_BOORISH_HERDER_CW_420647 for deck D14_20150176_BUG_TEZ in Data_Decks_20150176_BUG_TEZ

After I updated CW tonight, BRUSE_TARL_BOORISH_HERDER_CW_420647 missed.
This is fixed. I checked to make sure it was me, and it was. Not sure how, but he somehow got lost in the transfer between the auto upload and the main folder. None of the others from that same transfer did, so I'm not certain what happened, but he's back.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 19 Mar 2017, 00:02

Bug report:
Chandra, Torch of Defiance: Her first ability was not fixed yet. The opponent still could not get 2 damages if I choose not to cast the card.
tmxk2012917

Postby jycool10 » 19 Mar 2017, 01:47

I was able to get this mod working for me and a friend when we play single player, but when we try to get a multiplayer match going when we both ready up and hit start the match says it is unable to start at that time. We've made sure all our wads are the same and we've made sure our deck wads were the same but even with identical magic 2014 folders our matches are unable to start. Anyone have advice?
jycool10

Postby Finnical » 19 Mar 2017, 07:31

Fellwar Stone does nothing. Cannot be tapped for mana manually or automatically.
Finnical

Postby Xander9009 » 19 Mar 2017, 11:14

tmxk2012917 wrote:Bug report:
Chandra, Torch of Defiance: Her first ability was not fixed yet. The opponent still could not get 2 damages if I choose not to cast the card.
Fixed. Also added a version not marked as "_MM_" which should be used. Didn't remove it yet because it's being used by 7 decks that I don't have the time at the moment to fix. (Well, I've got the time, but I'm particularly motivated to do other things...)

jycool10 wrote:I was able to get this mod working for me and a friend when we play single player, but when we try to get a multiplayer match going when we both ready up and hit start the match says it is unable to start at that time. We've made sure all our wads are the same and we've made sure our deck wads were the same but even with identical magic 2014 folders our matches are unable to start. Anyone have advice?
Have a look here: viewtopic.php?f=109&t=20234
scytale and I worked for a few days trying to get it to work, but never did manage it. We've still got a few things left to try, but we've both sort of not done our end of things yet. I'll get mine done today and email him about it.

Finnical wrote:Fellwar Stone does nothing. Cannot be tapped for mana manually or automatically.
error3 actually fixed several cards, and this was meant tobe among them. Unfortunately, there was even more messed up than we realized. I put it off because, frankly, it's an incredibly complicated card if I want it to work the way the other mana producers now work. That said, I just put in the 2 hours of coding and testing it needed. (Admittedly that's mostly just waiting for the game to reload...)

It can now successfully check your opponents' lands for producible colors AND has the updated mana abilities. This means it will enter the battlefield producing a random color they can produce, and if it's controlled by the AI, it'll get a random color every time something resolves and at the beginning of each main phase (if it's untapped) so the AI isn't stuck with only one color.

It can also be both manually tapped and set to auto-tap. Since its colors are much more likely than most to change while it's out, it has special some code. It has to remove colors from being available if your opponents' lands leave play (maybe you're in multiplayer and take out a player). If its current color is removed, it'll pick a random new one, but only if it wasn't set not to auto-tap. If all of its colors are removed, it'll become dormant and choose a random new color as soon as it's possible to do so.

It should theoretically work in all situations outside of a (hopefully very rare) few.

NOTE: This only affects the version of the card without "_MM_" in its filename. That version hasn't been touched, and shouldn't be used. I've actually removed that version from the WAD folder, and it'll disappear in the next version. Please switch over to the other one if you're using it. (Thanks to the new deck gallery, I can check if any deck in the CW's decks folder use the card with a simple search. Since none were using it, I went ahead and removed it.)

I've also fixed Shadowblood Ridge.

----

Update: There's now a basic uploader on the CW site (signature) for anyone who needs/wants to upload files but doesn't have/want a Google account/Google Drive. You can upload files directly. The files will go to a Public Upload folder. As with any publicly (and anonymously, no less) sourced files, be careful if you open them.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 20 Mar 2017, 03:44

3/19/2017 23:43:20: Low: Card (CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_CW_417683) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683

3/19/2017 23:43:20: Low: Card (CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683 - Copy) in wad DATA_DLC_COMMUNITY_CORE has a FILENAME tag that does not match which will cause problems in-game: CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683

I found 3 CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_MM_CW_417683 in CW but could not find
CHANDRA_TORCH_OF_DEFIANCE_CW_417683
tmxk2012917

Postby Xander9009 » 20 Mar 2017, 11:02

Stupid mistake by me. I'll get it fixed as soon as my laptop is done updating.
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby krishkrush » 20 Mar 2017, 21:36

Hi, I just tried Multiplayer with my girlfriend but I couldn't even create a game. It crashes as soon as I hit the Free-for-all button. So it crashes before I can even create the game. What could be the reason?

Edit: Okay so I tested this a bit and it seems if I remove the deck I built with Riiaks Deckbuilder, multiplayer is working. But how can I use my own decks in multiplayer without the game crashing? Singleplayer is working fine...
I know both players must have the same files but my game crashes before I can even create a game.

Edit2: Scratch that, I found a solution. I had to lower the Deck id number in the Deckbuilder. So now i even got the match working, but one of us always had a deck with only lands! It doesn't matter which deck we chose, it even happened with the original decks. Please help us. :cry:

Edit3: It seems this problem doesn't appear every time as i first assumed. It's actually completely random. Doesn't matter which deck or which combination of decks, sometimes one of us gets a deck with only lands, sometimes everything works fine. Is this a known bug?
krishkrush

Postby Xander9009 » 22 Mar 2017, 16:33

krishkrush wrote:Hi, I just tried Multiplayer with my girlfriend but I couldn't even create a game. It crashes as soon as I hit the Free-for-all button. So it crashes before I can even create the game. What could be the reason?

Edit: Okay so I tested this a bit and it seems if I remove the deck I built with Riiaks Deckbuilder, multiplayer is working. But how can I use my own decks in multiplayer without the game crashing? Singleplayer is working fine...
I know both players must have the same files but my game crashes before I can even create a game.

Edit2: Scratch that, I found a solution. I had to lower the Deck id number in the Deckbuilder. So now i even got the match working, but one of us always had a deck with only lands! It doesn't matter which deck we chose, it even happened with the original decks. Please help us. :cry:

Edit3: It seems this problem doesn't appear every time as i first assumed. It's actually completely random. Doesn't matter which deck or which combination of decks, sometimes one of us gets a deck with only lands, sometimes everything works fine. Is this a known bug?
Multiplayer is completely up in the air at the moment. There's a thread specifically related to multiplayer, though it probably won't hold many answers. viewtopic.php?f=109&t=20234
Xander9009
Programmer

Postby tmxk2012917 » 23 Mar 2017, 04:37

Bug report:

Hidden Stockpile: when it entered the battleground, it created a token at the end of my turn even though nothing left the battleground. It created a token even though an artifact of mine entered the battlefield
tmxk2012917

PreviousNext

Return to 2014