It is currently 24 Apr 2024, 03:47

Text Size

Selection of newest or favorite art for token creatures

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Selection of newest or favorite art for token creatures

Postby fleeting image » 07 Mar 2017, 00:19

Concerning Duels of the planeswalkers 2014 with the Community Wad and Custom Deck Builder applications, i have the following question: For certain cards like for example Beast Within, Garruk Wildspeaker and Thragtusk tokens are automatically created for which different art by different mtg artists is available (in this case for 3/3 beast tokens). Even without the CW_TOKENS_ONLY_USE_ONE_TOKEN.LOL file these cards always generate a token with the art from the set Eventide and never with the art from Magic 2015 which also appeared in many other sets and at least in my opinion has a much more beautiful art work. Is there a way to select the Magic 2015 art work for this card instead of the Eventide version, or alternatively let it randomize the art works as it seems to be the case with certain other token-generating cards? As i'm not familiar with programming i don't know if such a function or tool already exists or could be implemented in the future without too many alterations to the existing files?
fleeting image

Re: Selection of newest or favorite art for token creatures

Postby Xander9009 » 07 Mar 2017, 05:11

Dang it. I responded to this but it somehow got lost. Short version: 2015 beast token is now the default (for all 3/3 green beasts).
Xander9009
Programmer

Re: Selection of newest or favorite art for token creatures

Postby fleeting image » 18 Mar 2017, 20:30

Thank you very much for the implementation of the Magic 2015 art for the 3/3 beast tokens generated for the above mentioned cards. Ironically on the very same day of that implementation the token spoiler for the new modern set (containing that specific token art) was released, so i think that this is a sign that hopefully also many other people prefer that specific art work (compared to the one from Eventide) and can encounter it on Dotp 2014 now. Having downloaded the data file required for the change (DATA_DLC_CW_ART_UPDATE.wad) a few days ago, it seems that the creation of the new token art by those three specific cards is functioning very reliable. Thanks.
fleeting image

Return to 2014