It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 23:17

Text Size

Not seeing newly implemented card in Deck Editor

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

Not seeing newly implemented card in Deck Editor

Postby escplan9 » 29 Feb 2016, 16:36

I recently started to code in the card Dread Cacodemon and now want to test it out. However, when I connect to the server and check the "Force update of card database" box, I still do not see the card available in the Deck Editor.

What I've done so far...
I've followed the instructions to start the server in test mode, I have a test.dck and cheat.dck in Mage.Client directory. I also have init.txt in the Mage.Server/config directory. So from NetBeans I ran the Mage Server in test mode, then I run the Client and check the "Force Database Update" and connect to local host. When it tries to load the test.dck where I have the recently added card Dread Cacodemon:

1 [CMD:79] Dread Cacodemon

I see this error in the Client log: "FATAL 2016-02-29 10:39:00,159 Could not find card '' at line 82: 1 [CMD:79] Dread Cacodemon =>[AWT-EventQueue-0] DeckImporter.importDeck "

And when I open the Deck Editor and search for the card, it does not show up either. Am I missing a step for this card to be available in the database? And is my line in test.dck correct for the card?

I also tried running the clean_dbs.sh script and try again to connect with Force Database Update box checked, but still the card does not show up in the deck editor.

edit: Saw this post viewtopic.php?f=116&t=17336 that mentioned trying to rebuild the Mage.Sets before re-running, so I did that. Still having the same issue - not seeing the implemented card in the DB. I see the .java file added in the Mage.Sets Commander folder.
escplan9

Re: Not seeing card in Deck Editor

Postby LevelX » 29 Feb 2016, 17:06

escplan9 wrote:edit: Saw this post viewtopic.php?f=116&t=17336 that mentioned trying to rebuild the Mage.Sets before re-running, so I did that. Still having the same issue - not seeing the implemented card in the DB. I see the .java file added in the Mage.Sets Commander folder.
For sure, if you added or changed a card and you like to test the new/changed card, you need to rebuild the Set (and any other related changed project) to be able to test.

So the steps are always like this:
1) Create and save a new class file in Set project.
2) Build Set project.
3) Run the server project (the new card will be added to the server db, it's reported how many cards were added in the server log)
4) Run the client project and switch force DB Update to active on the connect window.
5) You should see the new card now in deck editor and be able to add it to a game with the cheat button.

If you don't see the new card it can be only a error while building the Set project or while adding the card to the db that reports a message in the server log.
LevelX
DEVELOPER

Re: Not seeing newly implemented card in Deck Editor

Postby escplan9 » 29 Feb 2016, 17:43

It looks like the issue was I thought the Mage Set had finished rebuilding, but it still was working on it. I did a clean and rebuild using the Maven commands

mvn clean install -DskipTests

as mentioned in the Developer Getting Started.

Now the card appears as it should. The card isn't working correctly, but this issue is resolved at least.

Maybe should mention in the Developer Getting Started needing to rebuild the Mage Set in NetBeans after implementing a card to make sure it will be available when testing.
escplan9

Return to Developers Talk