It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 12:20

Text Size

How is color identity determined for double faced cards?

Moderators: North, BetaSteward, noxx, jeffwadsworth, JayDi, TheElk801, LevelX, CCGHQ Admins

How is color identity determined for double faced cards?

Postby Calamity » 22 Mar 2016, 17:48

Context: I'm a dev that has only recently learned of xMage and I'm trying to learn my way around the code.

Can a knowledgable dev point me in the right direction? I'm trying to figure out where in the code the color identity is determined for a double sided card. For example, if a card is white on the day side and red on the night side, the color identity should be {R} {W} but I can't figure out where that logic is.

I'm assuming there a centralized point in the code that color identity is determined based on the various rules (mana symbols in rules text, etc.)?
Calamity

Re: How is color identity determined for double faced cards?

Postby Doctor Weird » 22 Mar 2016, 19:37

I thought I saw a bug report involving double faced cards and color identity the other day so I went looking for that and you might learn what you want from what LevelX2 fixed here until an actual dev gets around to giving you a better, proper response. If it doesn't really point you in the right direction then my bad, sorry for wasting your time.
Doctor Weird

Re: How is color identity determined for double faced cards?

Postby Calamity » 22 Mar 2016, 20:08

That helped a lot, thanks!
Calamity

Return to Developers Talk