Text Size

HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: HQ PICS DOWNLOADS and Status List (MTG) 2013

Postby charlequin » 31 Jan 2017, 17:54

Presenting Aether Reborn.

ImageImageImage

The second expansion in the Kaladesh block and home to the new best token ever: legendary monkey pirate.

ImageImageImage

Along with all the usual array of planeswalkers, legends, and tons of artifacts.

ImageImageImage

This release also includes the contents of the AER Planeswalker decks:

ImageImageImage

Thanks to Teppic and tenminutegod for scan assistance, and the WotC set surveys for source images. :mrgreen: Card images in all five sizes are found in the More Releases folder.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Xitax » 31 Jan 2017, 19:12

The borders on AER look properly black. Would it be possible to go "fix" KLD in the same manner?
Xitax

Postby charlequin » 31 Jan 2017, 19:52

Xitax wrote:The borders on AER look properly black. Would it be possible to go "fix" KLD in the same manner?
How are they different? Pretty sure I used the exact same process for both sets, which involved compositing them on the same standard border image we use for everything.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Snoogy » 31 Jan 2017, 20:40

I guess PCA will have to wait until next month. :(
Snoogy

Postby Xitax » 31 Jan 2017, 22:31

charlequin wrote:
Xitax wrote:The borders on AER look properly black. Would it be possible to go "fix" KLD in the same manner?
How are they different? Pretty sure I used the exact same process for both sets, which involved compositing them on the same standard border image we use for everything.
I apologize in advance if I was mistaken. I will check the borders color to make sure that it wasn't a false impression.

(AER is "Aether Revolt")

Edit: I was wrong. The borders are the same color.
Also, Scrapper Champion and Heroic Intervention spelling.

Edit 2: Tezzeret the Schemer has some shadows on the edges of the art.
Xitax

Postby tkz196 » 01 Feb 2017, 03:51

charlequin wrote:
The anti-fake label on Spire of Industry is different than other labels on rare and mythic cards.Thanks a lot.
tkz196

Postby charlequin » 01 Feb 2017, 05:03

Xitax wrote:Also, Scrapper Champion and Heroic Intervention spelling.
Both fixed.

Edit 2: Tezzeret the Schemer has some shadows on the edges of the art.
Ooooh, good catch! My batch processing was failing on the PWs. Replaced both this and Ajani.

EDIT: Also went back and performed the same fix on the four KLD planeswalkers, which had much less noticeable effects but should still be a bit more accurate in this new incarnation.

tkz196 wrote:The anti-fake label on Spire of Industry is different than other labels on rare and mythic cards.Thanks a lot.
Guess I missed this one. Fixed.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Bog Wraith » 01 Feb 2017, 06:48

Thank you, as always, my friends.

Always appreciated and it's great to have them in time for Pro Tour Aether Revolt being held in Ireland starting on Friday! 8)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Scryfall » 08 Feb 2017, 18:53

Minor issue: The pAER folder is called "pAER - Aether Reborn Prromos", should be "pAER - Aether Revolt Promos"
Scryfall

Postby charlequin » 08 Feb 2017, 19:52

Scryfall wrote:Minor issue: The pAER folder is called "pAER - Aether Reborn Prromos", should be "pAER - Aether Revolt Promos"
Cool, I'll go fix that up now.

Are y'all ever refreshing your images btw? I noticed that something (Chrome Mox, I think) was an older version of our release. I don't think it's a big difference there, but I'm wondering if it'd be good to have some clearer way to announce if files get changed.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Arcanist » 12 Feb 2017, 02:28

charlequin wrote:Are y'all ever refreshing your images btw? I noticed that something (Chrome Mox, I think) was an older version of our release. I don't think it's a big difference there, but I'm wondering if it'd be good to have some clearer way to announce if files get changed.
2 Masterpieces have been updated since the original release: Hangarback Walker and Chrome Mox. The new Hangarback Walker picture is really different, whereas the Chrome Mox one is nearly identical: The only noticeable difference is what seems to be a white spec of dust (?) on the black jewel that was not on the original version.

As for refreshing pictures, I scan through the folders regularly to download the newly uploaded files. I also count the scans I have on my machine to figure out if I am missing anything. I found out today I had missed a bunch of EMN promos that had been released in October. While doing that I also found out that a few Game Day promos listed by magiclibrarities are missing from both the torrent and the MEGA folder: The 2 Pierce Strider cards from 2010 and Suture Priest from 2011. Not sure whether that is something you want to fix. I have not checked if they are located in a different folder.

Because manual checks are such a pain, I am thinking of writing a small utility to check for updates: You would specify a date, and the utility would list all the files updated since that date. I had a quick look at the MEGA API and that seems fairly easy to do.
Arcanist

Postby charlequin » 12 Feb 2017, 05:32

Arcanist wrote:2 Masterpieces have been updated since the original release: Hangarback Walker and Chrome Mox. The new Hangarback Walker picture is really different, whereas the Chrome Mox one is nearly identical: The only noticeable difference is what seems to be a white spec of dust (?) on the black jewel that was not on the original version.
Yeah, that spot was missing as I originally assumed it was dust as well and cleaned it off, but when I referenced the original art I saw it was an intentional inclusion: http://www.artofmtg.com/wp-content/uplo ... tG-Art.jpg

While doing that I also found out that a few Game Day promos listed by magiclibrarities are missing from both the torrent and the MEGA folder: The 2 Pierce Strider cards from 2010 and Suture Priest from 2011. Not sure whether that is something you want to fix. I have not checked if they are located in a different folder.
I looked into this when I originally put together the torrent, and my determination after a little research was that these three cards are actually identical to the released versions of the Mirrodin Besieged and New Phyrexia cards, so it neither made sense to include separate images nor would it necessarily be possible to even verify whether a copy of either card was from the promo supply. (The Pristine Talisman, conversely, is included because it features an alternate "Mirrodin Pure" expansion logo that's different from the expansion card.)

Because manual checks are such a pain, I am thinking of writing a small utility to check for updates: You would specify a date, and the utility would list all the files updated since that date. I had a quick look at the MEGA API and that seems fairly easy to do.
Just let me know what'll make it easy.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

Postby Arcanist » 12 Feb 2017, 16:49

charlequin wrote:Yeah, that spot was missing as I originally assumed it was dust as well and cleaned it off, but when I referenced the original art I saw it was an intentional inclusion: http://www.artofmtg.com/wp-content/uplo ... tG-Art.jpg
Oh wow, that's... interesting. I did not notice the two spots when I looked up the card on Gatherer back in September.

charlequin wrote:I looked into this when I originally put together the torrent, and my determination after a little research was that these three cards are actually identical to the released versions of the Mirrodin Besieged and New Phyrexia cards, so it neither made sense to include separate images nor would it necessarily be possible to even verify whether a copy of either card was from the promo supply. (The Pristine Talisman, conversely, is included because it features an alternate "Mirrodin Pure" expansion logo that's different from the expansion card.)
I had noticed that those cards did not look like most of the other Game Day cards, but I had not realized they were identical to the standard versions. That makes perfect sense. Thanks for the explanation.

Just let me know what'll make it easy.
So far I have only had a cursory look at one example. It may not even be necessary to code a C++ application as the DSK comes with a CLI. Depending on the functionalities it provides, that may be enough. I will take a closer look this week and let you know. Right now I am still catching up with the (many) releases from the past 2 months.
Arcanist

Postby Arcanist » 12 Feb 2017, 16:57

JohnnyTH wrote:
JohnnyTH wrote:I found another problem on Commander 2016 release, with the basic lands naming. This is true for all the basic lands. I would expect them to be named in the same order as the serial number (also forests, swamps and so on).
I found the exact same problem in the Kaladesh release, 300dpi, but this time the problem appears only for the Mountain, the other lands are numbered according to the serial. If you can rename also those files (swap 1 with 3) it would be great!
Basic lands are still out of order in Kaladesh and Commander 2016. Obviously not a big issue, but I am seconding this request in case this is something that was meant to be fixed but eventually forgotten.
Arcanist

Postby charlequin » 12 Feb 2017, 18:36

Arcanist wrote:Basic lands are still out of order in Kaladesh and Commander 2016. Obviously not a big issue, but I am seconding this request in case this is something that was meant to be fixed but eventually forgotten.
Yeah I'll try to be more careful about this in the future. I'll try to get these two sets updated in the next day or two.
charlequin
HQ Team Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures