It is currently 31 Mar 2017, 00:25
   
Text Size

Promo and Box Set Cards

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby dragsamou » 17 Oct 2016, 14:03

Hi Charlequin

As requested, I have sent you the 29 Full Art HQ pics of the original Art, just one is missing: Mind's Eye from David Gaillet. Let me know if you need anything else. Take Care.
dragsamou
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby drool66 » 17 Oct 2016, 16:17

dragsamou, could I get those pictures, please?
User avatar
drool66
 
Posts: 61
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 22:38
Has thanked: 72 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby dragsamou » 17 Oct 2016, 18:10

drool66 wrote:dragsamou, could I get those pictures, please?
Hi

Do you need all of them, or just specific ones, ? You can find all of them on my website in the index of the Masterpiece Series Cards but in reduced sizes. Please PM me. Thanks
dragsamou
 
Posts: 60
Joined: 15 Jan 2016, 12:02
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 14 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby ohforf » 17 Oct 2016, 22:40

@charlequin, Will the Kaladesh Inventions be released in 300DPI?
I couldn't find them in the Mega folder.
User avatar
ohforf
 
Posts: 46
Joined: 02 Mar 2010, 17:59
Has thanked: 144 times
Been thanked: 8 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 17 Oct 2016, 22:50

ohforf wrote:@charlequin, Will the Kaladesh Inventions be released in 300DPI?
I couldn't find them in the Mega folder.
Yep. I have a bunch of bookkeeping to do in getting them properly named and organized before they go up on MEGA so I just hadn't gotten to that yet. Should be in the next couple days.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 18 Oct 2016, 06:02

ImageImageImageImageImage

All the Inventions so far (25 of 30) now uploaded to MEGA in standard sizes up to XLHQ.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 18 Oct 2016, 15:16

The Zendikar Expeditions have also been color corrected to fall in a much closer band of color and brightness:

ImageImageImageImageImage

Updated versions are on MEGA now.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 19 Oct 2016, 03:22

ImageImageImageImageImage

Aaaaaand that's the whole set. As with some previous large promo sets, let me know if anything seems funky -- these are from multiple sources, and I corrected them based on the WotC images but it's always possible I missed something.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby tempest » 20 Oct 2016, 21:08

Great work! My only grief here is that in most Inventions card the name of the artist disappears due to the foil effect :( What's the reason for that? Photographic process or scanner can't pick the foil up?
tempest
 
Posts: 6
Joined: 01 Sep 2016, 21:39
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 20 Oct 2016, 22:45

tempest wrote:Great work! My only grief here is that in most Inventions card the name of the artist disappears due to the foil effect :( What's the reason for that? Photographic process or scanner can't pick the foil up?
There are a few different foil processes that WotC typically uses for cards. Out of these, the Kaladesh Inventions use a normal foil (which scans okay) for the illustrations and text boxes, but the FTV method for the copper border, piping, and bottom text. I'm not sure of how exactly it works, but the FTV foiling causes vertical bands of either darker or lighter color.

For various reasons I didn't want to try to eliminate this completely from the actual card and frame portions, but I have multiple source images for all these cards so I could possibly touch up the bottom text.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 23 Oct 2016, 05:17

ImageImage
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby tkz196 » 23 Oct 2016, 09:35

charlequin wrote:ImageImage
Hello charlequin!
Do you know if there is a judge reward card named Grindstone this year?
I play xmage and in the clent's JR set there is this card but I checked all over the internet and found that this card is not a judge card.
Thank you and sorry for my not good English.
tkz196
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 03:57
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 23 Oct 2016, 14:05

tkz196 wrote:Do you know if there is a judge reward card named Grindstone this year?
I play xmage and in the clent's JR set there is this card but I checked all over the internet and found that this card is not a judge card.
Thank you and sorry for my not good English.
There are (as there have been for most recent years) eight cards in the Judge Gift series for 2016. So far we know what five of them are: Mana Drain, Azusa Lost but Seeking, Command Tower, and the two here. The other three aren't confirmed yet. However: there was at least one claim (before this last batch was revealed) that Defense of the Heart and Grindstone would be judge promos this year, and there's a new illustration for the card in Duels 2014, the same place we first saw the current Defense of the Heart illustration:

Image

So basically, my conclusion here is that one of the three remaining slots for 2016 is probably Grindstone, but we haven't seen it yet and I don't know when we will.
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby tkz196 » 23 Oct 2016, 15:17

charlequin wrote:
tkz196 wrote:Do you know if there is a judge reward card named Grindstone this year?
I play xmage and in the clent's JR set there is this card but I checked all over the internet and found that this card is not a judge card.
Thank you and sorry for my not good English.
There are (as there have been for most recent years) eight cards in the Judge Gift series for 2016. So far we know what five of them are: Mana Drain, Azusa Lost but Seeking, Command Tower, and the two here. The other three aren't confirmed yet. However: there was at least one claim (before this last batch was revealed) that Defense of the Heart and Grindstone would be judge promos this year, and there's a new illustration for the card in Duels 2014, the same place we first saw the current Defense of the Heart illustration:

So basically, my conclusion here is that one of the three remaining slots for 2016 is probably Grindstone, but we haven't seen it yet and I don't know when we will.
I'm sorry just now I wrote a passage with thanks to you but I wrote it in the report the post button.Suddenly I realized this is not a good button.I am Chinese and not good at English,I'm very sorry for that...
tkz196
 
Posts: 13
Joined: 13 Sep 2016, 03:57
Has thanked: 2 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: Promo and Box Set Cards

Postby charlequin » 23 Oct 2016, 21:38

I also went back and redid the SDCC 2016 images to have more accurate colors and remove foil artifacts as much as possible:

ImageImageImageImageImage
charlequin
HQ Team Member
 
Posts: 396
Joined: 15 Oct 2008, 18:34
Has thanked: 53 times
Been thanked: 594 times

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 10 minutes)
Most users ever online was 279 on 11 Jul 2013, 22:03

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Login Form