It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 12:29

Text Size

HQ Pics Synchronization and Torrent Update

Discuss Card Scans and Other Artwork Here

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

HQ Pics Synchronization and Torrent Update

Postby Huggybaby » 28 Aug 2008, 02:12

We can work on the new update here, so as not to further disrupt the main pics topic.

"To Exclude From Torrent
Do not include UG and UNH lands as a separate zip since they are already included in the UG and UNH sets."

They're in the Extras folder, they are OK. They're there because we've had requests that they be broken out into a separate download. This is because those full card artwork lands are so awesome that some people prefer to use them in lieu of the regulars.

"Convert rar files into zips for A, FI, JRE and SM"

Where are these rar files currently?

"B and/or BCE Crops."

For a long time we didn't think we'd ever get a real B set, so we just called Collector's Edition "B". Now that we have a real B, both sets are valid and we will keep both. But the zip for Collector's Edition needs to be renamed from B.

"Another question I've got is this: What is the difference between SUM and SM? MWS Masterbases only seem to have the two cards in SUM and not the full LQ set found in the SM archive. Anyone have an answer for this?"

Good question. This can be answered by the base maker.

<edit>
"Verification Required
MED Fulls.
8E Crops.
RAV Crops."

They seem to be OK, what did you notice?

<edit>
Recreate TK.zip from Token thread Tokens for MWS such that it is one zip with all tokens including EVE as well as a text file with the associated token names for easily updating MWS. Folder name will be TK.

Yes.

<edit>
Assumption
All MediaFire files (from links in spreadsheet) are considered to be the most up-to-date versions of the sets apart from where mentioned below.

How does MediaFire compare to MWSPA?

<edit>
Please note that I need help in deciding which is the latest set when multiple copies exist. I can only go so far in terms of organising and TorrentZipping the necessary files and renaming folders and the like whereas someone (not sure who) has to verify my assumptions and questions so that we can finalize this torrent in time to add FTV:D to it.

I'm the only guy to talk to.

<edit>
Create a separate TIP.zip for all Tips and Tricks Cards (should only include PT Tips and EVE Tips so far).

Sounds good to me.

Number cards by full set name and card number (+ side 1 or 2 for two-sided cards). For example, PT01.1.jpg for side 1 of card 1; PT01.2.jpg for side 2 of card 1; EVE01.jpg for card 1/8 of the EVE set.

No, the set is defined by the folder it's in.
It's dangerous to start trying to code information into the card name, a slippery slope of where to stop.
So, you should have a TIP folder. In it are set folders PT and EVE. This also makes it easy to fold the Tips and Tricks cards into your normal sets if you want to, just drag and drop.

That leaves what to name the cards. Right now they are 01.full.jpg to 24.full.jpg, which works great for me. Still, let's look at it:
All the cards have a front and back. That means that odd numbers are front and even are back. But this isn't guaranteed in all cases.
I don't see why a leading zero is necessary. 1.full.jpg is fine to me.
We can add a little more info than that though. We have a card list and then tips and tricks, so how about CL1 thru CL4 and then TT1 thru TT8. Or add front and back, then you have CL1F and CL1B thru CL2B and then TT1F thru TT4B (the back side of the fourth tips and tricks card). That seems like plenty of human usable info in a compact enough form. Is it overkill? Possibly.

<edit> OTOH, why have such a short name. Why not TT Card Domination F.full.jpg and EVE Precons Card List 1 Front? LOL
Huggybaby
Administrator

Re: HQ Pics Synchronization and Torrent Update

Postby Fritti » 28 Aug 2008, 07:05

A new topic, excellent plan!

(... The UNH and UG lands are ...) in the Extras folder, they are OK. They're there because we've had requests that they be broken out into a separate download. This is because those full card artwork lands are so awesome that some people prefer to use them in lieu of the regulars.

Ah, ok. Sounds like a good reason to me.

"Convert rar files into zips for A, FI, JRE and SM"
Where are these rar files currently?

See Nyth's spreadsheet, the mediafire links for those sets.

For a long time we didn't think we'd ever get a real B set, so we just called Collector's Edition "B". Now that we have a real B, both sets are valid and we will keep both. But the zip for Collector's Edition needs to be renamed from B.

Yes, but Nyth determined that the zipfiles for the crops for the old B set, a.k.a. the Collector's Edition are different between mediafire and the Lorwyn torrent.

<edit>
"Verification Required
MED Fulls.
8E Crops.
RAV Crops."

They seem to be OK, what did you notice?

These zipfiles are different between mediafire and the Lorwyn torrent. Or in other words, the mediafire zipfiles match the original torrent, but the Lorwyn torrent has different content. Both Nyth and I do not know which one is the latest version of the files.

For example, for MED, the differences seem to be in the card text/rarity/etc, not in quality. Since I do not have MTGO I cannot determine which one is valid. Or maybe there was some online update and the first MED is just the version as it was in 2000. I do not know :(

<edit>
Assumption
All MediaFire files (from links in spreadsheet) are considered to be the most up-to-date versions of the sets apart from where mentioned below.

How does MediaFire compare to MWSPA?

I still haven't checked that. Will do ASAP :?

About the TIP files: I guess I'm not a fan of "subfolders" but I can live with your proposal (and yes, I'd pick the long names then :) )
Fritti

Postby Snacko » 28 Aug 2008, 09:09

For example, for MED, the differences seem to be in the card text/rarity/etc, not in quality. Since I do not have MTGO I cannot determine which one is valid. Or maybe there was some online update and the first MED is just the version as it was in 2000.
You can check MED with the gatherer. It should have the proper text / rarity. As the cards aren't released in card format the text probably changed when the new keywords / type overhaul hit oracle.
Snacko
DEVELOPER

Postby Nyth » 28 Aug 2008, 11:52

Hi guys...

A new thread will definitely help this out. Most of the comments made so far are all ok. I've decided to work completely on the Fulls first to avoid overconfusing myself. So far so good.

I'm now doing the following:
  • MediaFire links all supersede than the original torrent (logical assumption from release dates).
  • This implies that 12 is the only set that we need to maintain from the original torrent.
  • MED Fulls, B Crops, 8E Crops, RAV Crops have different files between LOR and MF.
  • Checking that the links I've put are still correct. Updated to include latest Coldsnap.
  • Converted RARs into ZIPs (did you find these on the list Huggybaby?).
  • I will double check that I've identified the correct B and BCE sets.
  • Considering both SUM and SM as different until otherwise determined. This ensures that nothing is omitted.
  • Updating TK.zip file. For the moment EVG tokens are in the EVG zip. Should this remain like this or should they be moved to TK.zip?
  • Tips and Tricks will be TIP.zip and have subfolders with the set name. The reason why I wanted to avoid just using numbers is that the newer cards actually have 3/8 or 4/6 on the bottom. People can then find the 4th card by looking for 4. Alternatively use the card name itself. The new cards have adverts on the back of them that obviously don't need scanning whereas the old cards are double sided and there needs to be a way of referring to each side of card number X. The leading zero helps for better alphabetical organisation on some operating systems.

Then I am removing unnecessary files (deleteme.txt) in some of the sets, fixing the folder names, and TorrentZipping the sets. Then I'll grab the MD5sums and you can compare. By the time I'm done you'll be able to easily replicate what I've done in a few steps that I'll detail in the spreadsheet.

Once all of this has been done and am happy with the set, I'll create a fresh folder based on these zips and then run MWSPA on them. I will then report any differences that MWSPA finds.

Does that all sound good?

(How to find me: nyth@hotmail.com on Windows Live Messenger. Profile ID 501725994 on Facebook. 9894032 on ICQ. nadimnehme on Yahoo Messenger.)
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 28 Aug 2008, 17:37

So I've completed the Excel spreadsheet now...
It only lists the latest files. The key has now changed into an "instruction" key.

What it all boils down to is the following:
  • Download each file from the link mentioned.
  • Remove the deleteme.txt files from some of the zips (as marked).
  • Convert the RARs into ZIPs where applicable.
  • Fix any stragglers with incorrect directory names.
  • TorrentZip the whole set
  • Tada!

Now all I need is help with the few odd ones (in blue). I've managed to successfully compare all the other sets and arrive at the list so far. Fritti, if you could double check the links I've provided against your original set, we can see if I've gone astray in the process. I've included the token and promo links from the other threads. If everyone is ok with this list, we can individually do the points above (the process will take no longer than an hour) and then compare MD5s. (I also use a regular expression replacer to quickly rename the files into the 2/3 letter format used in the torrent; which reminds me, are all the mnemonics correct?

I'll start going through the crops a bit later on now to come to a similar list. The crops section should be a lot easier.
Attachments
CCGHQ MTG Picture Sets Full - Cleaned Up.zip
(21.43 KiB) Downloaded 678 times
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Fritti » 28 Aug 2008, 17:52

Fritti, if you could double check the links I've provided against your original set, we can see if I've gone astray in the process.
Will do. Check your PM for my chat contact details!
Fritti

Postby Fritti » 28 Aug 2008, 18:21

Nyth,

I found the following stuff differs between your link list and mine. I haven't yet checked the differences, I've only checked that the links differ. Will get busy downloading stuff after this post.

Last edited by Fritti on 28 Aug 2008, 20:51, edited 2 times in total.
Fritti

Postby Fritti » 28 Aug 2008, 18:34

Three more clarifications about which set is newer:

• MED: Gatherer agrees with the Lorwyn update version of MED.zip, so the one on Mediafire is NOT the latest version. The one from the Lorwyn torrent is ok.
  • VGM: As in your spreadsheet the one in the 10E torrent agrees with the text on the Wizards website (Google cache because the original site seems to have been moved?). However there's also a Mediafire version, which I linked in my spreadsheet, at http://www.mediafire.com/?dmuyhomz3hi. I'll download & compare this as well.
    EDIT: the one on Mediafire is exactly the same as the 10E torrent, you can add the MF link as well.
  • SUM vs SM: I found this on magiclibrarities. Read both Summer of Magic Promos and Summer Magic, they're different.
Fritti

Postby Huggybaby » 28 Aug 2008, 20:42

Or in other words, the mediafire zipfiles match the original torrent, but the Lorwyn torrent has different content.

In that case the Lorwyn torrent is newer and I didn't update MF. Also make sure that the LOR torrent files match MWSPA.

<edit>
Updating TK.zip file. For the moment EVG tokens are in the EVG zip. Should this remain like this or should they be moved to TK.zip?

Move them to TK.zip.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Nyth » 29 Aug 2008, 13:12

Ok... Looks like we're getting somewhere...

The reason for my choices so far Fritti has been to use the files closest to what is needed for producing the final result. So, to recap:
  • EVG: I've used the one with fulls only so that the separation is unnecessary. The tokens will still have to be moved though. :?
  • I2P: Link for fulls only for the same reason mentioned above.
  • TK: I've used the links from the Tokens for MWS post. This is the most concise zip with the largest number of tokens. It means that the SHM tokens link is no longer needed. All that is required is to merge the EVG and EVE tokens into TK.zip. But I think the numbering of some of the tokens may have to change once these are added so I'll make sure to post my comments on the thread when I do do this.
  • MED: Without a shadow of a doubt, the Lorwyn Torrent has the latest MED. It includes all the latest Oracle updates involving creature type reclassification and is also in line for the run up to MED2.
  • VGM: The MF version of VGM is missing 4 cards that are present in the 10E torrent version. This is why I haven't referenced the MF file.
  • SM vs SUM: Now that I know the difference, I feel a lot better. It still means that someone has to verify which SM file is the better quality one (considering they are both of dubious quality to begin with). Some scans are the same within both files and others vary...

Phew... I love summing stuff up...
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 29 Aug 2008, 17:47

About the torrent MED being newer, that's weird because the upload date to MF is after the torrent release date.

<edit> Nyth, check your hotmail for a google invite!
Huggybaby
Administrator

Postby Nyth » 31 Aug 2008, 11:16

Sorry I've been a bit quiet these past few days. Its been my birthday weekend and I've been having far too much fun.
I've accepted the GoogleChat request. I'll continue working with the crops now...
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby Nyth » 04 Sep 2008, 13:27

I think I'm going to slowly lose my mind looking at these spreadsheets...

I've managed to get everything all into one now. The problematic ones are placed at the bottom to not interfere with the general list. With the problematic ones, it is mainly a question as to which one is later/better/higher res/correct size.

Not sure if extreme is looking into this group or not because I think he'll be able to answer all of those questions.

Question Summary
No assumptions please. Some of the newer files are not necessarily better.
Fulls
  • BR: 2 MF links. Which is correct?
  • S2K: 2 MF links, with one being slightly lighter in shade. Which is correct?
  • MED, REW, PRE, PROMO [PR, ARC, DLM, HHL, HPB, SUM, THG], SM: Which is more recent, torrent file or MF?

Crops
  • 8E, RAV: Torrent files have different images dimensions from the MF files but similar quality.
  • 10E: Abundance and Verdant Force differ from 10E torrent file to MF file.

Beta / Beta Collector's Edition: Can someone just verify that I've got the proper link attached to the correct set?

I've done a round of comparisons with MWS PA and will post those up here too. Do note that I'm not too convinced that MWS PA is all up to scratch atm.
Attachments
CCGHQ MTG Picture Sets - Full & Crops.zip
(28.78 KiB) Downloaded 652 times
Nyth
HQ Team Member

Postby extreme » 04 Sep 2008, 15:07

I can help this way: make a package with 1-2 cards from each suspicious package and i can tell you which is the right one by comparing with what i have, which is surely the definitive version for now. this way it's a lot easier, and i don't want to download sets and sets of cards just to compare.
SCANNING HOW-TO: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=451
extreme
HQ Team Member

Postby Huggybaby » 04 Sep 2008, 19:31

If he listed the md5 or crc32 of the first card in each questioned set you could compare that way.
Huggybaby
Administrator

Next

Return to Pictures