It is currently 29 Apr 2024, 08:09

Text Size

New here, help me decide what to play :)

Discuss anything concerning this site and its contents

Moderator: CCGHQ Admins

New here, help me decide what to play :)

Postby leszczu » 02 Nov 2015, 21:17

I've been cleaning my garage today and found a litte gem: a CD disc labelled "Magic: The Gathering". Instantly I've felt really old and decided to play. Of course, the disc won't work. I thought that there's no chance this game or any info about it is available anywhere. Ten minutes googling and voila, a forum! However, I'm really confused with abundance of MTG games here.

From what I've been gathering for last hour or so, there are many versions of MTG game. The one I played was Microprose's Magic: The Gathering. The one where you moved your hero around map, doing quests and fighting enemies. I believe it's refered to as Shandalar.
I can't quite understand difference between Shandalar, Manalink and other games, I'd apreciate if you could point me to some comparison?

So anyway, if I want to play MTG Shandalar on Win 7, which version should I look for?

Also, if I'm looking for a different player vs computer MTG game, any good recomendation?
leszczu

Re: New here, help me decide what to play :)

Postby Aswan jaguar » 05 Nov 2015, 15:19

A list of all mtg engines and what each can do is here:
http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/List_of_MTG_Engines
the last updates listed there could be outdated,I know Manalink's one is.

For Shanalar look here: viewtopic.php?f=76&t=17003&start=330#p187899
moded with new cards,too!

I recommend Magarena which has good AI + very nice UI,I haven't play Botarena I hear it has a very good AI.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to General Discussion