It is currently 18 May 2024, 09:30

Text Size

Monop's Officially Dead Manalink Bug Compilation

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Monop's Officially Dead Manalink Bug Compilation

Postby stassy » 07 Jul 2009, 05:04

It's a known bug since awww report, the number of dupe fink will stop when the total amount of cards reach approx the max possible in play (around 300), the game will crash if AI or you try to add another card with summon/cast into play.
stassy

Postby Ultimate Chicken » 07 Jul 2009, 09:31

I don't know if this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I've had my copy patched to the latest Manalink, and I noticed 2 things with Shandalar now.

1. I can't trigger Land Tax's upkeep effect (I made sure to have less land than my opponent)
2. I can't use Icy Manipulator out of my turn (because I wanted to tap an enemy critter during enemy's end turn).
3. I can't interrupt an enemy's upkeep or discard phase. Heck, I can't even interrupt my own. The cards that allow me to go yellow (which means I should be able to do *something* with them), but the game skips through the phase anyway.
4. I can't interrupt battle damage effects with things like: Samite Healer's damage prevention (Healer must be out of battle to prevent damage), Pumping Mishra's Factory by using its own ability on itself so that it'll survive 2 damage (Factory must be out of battle to be pumped). I don't recall the rules having changed to disallow it...
Ultimate Chicken

Postby mathusalem » 07 Jul 2009, 15:06

Ultimate Chicken wrote:I don't know if this hasn't been mentioned yet, but I've had my copy patched to the latest Manalink, and I noticed 2 things with Shandalar now.

1. I can't trigger Land Tax's upkeep effect (I made sure to have less land than my opponent)
2. I can't use Icy Manipulator out of my turn (because I wanted to tap an enemy critter during enemy's end turn).
3. I can't interrupt an enemy's upkeep or discard phase. Heck, I can't even interrupt my own. The cards that allow me to go yellow (which means I should be able to do *something* with them), but the game skips through the phase anyway.
4. I can't interrupt battle damage effects with things like: Samite Healer's damage prevention (Healer must be out of battle to prevent damage), Pumping Mishra's Factory by using its own ability on itself so that it'll survive 2 damage (Factory must be out of battle to be pumped). I don't recall the rules having changed to disallow it...
When you want to stop during a specific phase of a turn, for example when you want to play certain effects during your opponent's upkeep, you should mark that phase to always stop, otherwise, the game won't necessarily stop. roll over the phase icon on the left handside bar and right click with your mouse, you should be given some options. One of them is "mark this phase to always stop"
mathusalem

Postby estebanjose » 07 Jul 2009, 22:12

when use yawgmoth will lost the "affinity" in te card of return to cementery
estebanjose

Postby aww1979 » 08 Jul 2009, 05:30

Ultimate Chicken: You need to put stops on various phases or click on the phase. Right click a phase and mark to stop, or left click to pass all unrequired actions until that phase.

The last issue with samite healer/mishra's... did they have summoning sickness?
aww1979
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 08 Jul 2009, 11:51

I have the following lands in play:
Taiga, Tundra, Reflecting Pool, Exotic Orchard (played in that order)

AI has Underground Sea and Tropical Island.

The bug is that my reflecting pool cannot produce black mana, which it should be able to, since exotic orchard can produce black mana, since AI has underground sea.
aww1979
Tester

Postby Ultimate Chicken » 08 Jul 2009, 12:47

The last issue with samite healer/mishra's... did they have summoning sickness?
Nope, they don't have the swirlies that denote summoning sickness on them when I tried those tactics.

I'll try forcing the phases to stop at those points and see what happens.
Ultimate Chicken

Postby stassy » 08 Jul 2009, 13:21

aww1979 wrote:I have the following lands in play:
Taiga, Tundra, Reflecting Pool, Exotic Orchard (played in that order)

AI has Underground Sea and Tropical Island.

The bug is that my reflecting pool cannot produce black mana, which it should be able to, since exotic orchard can produce black mana, since AI has underground sea.
Tested a 5 monoland color versus then inserted with debug mode F12 specific lands into AI playground and Exotic Orchard seems to work (as you noticed code is taken from Fellwar Stone)

Pumping Mishra's Factory by using its own ability on itself so that it'll survive 2 damage (Factory must be out of battle to be pumped). I don't recall the rules having changed to disallow it...
Same method than above but adding a mishra instead, no problem so far on self pumping (tap 1 mana, morph into worker, select pumping, target self worker that go tapped)

stassy

Postby mathusalem » 08 Jul 2009, 17:02

I'm starting to have numerous crashes upo, using sneak attack; here is the wrong parmater dailog box I egt when it does

mathusalem

Postby jatill » 08 Jul 2009, 17:25

Mathusalem-
The reference that error points to is Raise Dead. Is your Sneak Attack deck using cards similar to Raise Dead when it crashes?
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 08 Jul 2009, 18:56

Well yeah I do use raise dead to fetch back my Nicol Bolas in the graveyard.
I had never used that card before in manalink....hmmmmm

Well good thing it's not from sneak attack :)
EDIT : raise dead was in my hand when it crashed
mathusalem

Postby mathusalem » 08 Jul 2009, 19:07

Edit 2 : I just replaced Raise dead by Stitich together and I still get the crash (stitch together in my hand)
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 08 Jul 2009, 19:26

mathusalem wrote:Edit 2 : I just replaced Raise dead by Stitich together and I still get the crash (stitch together in my hand)
Not surprising, since they share the same code. No idea why it would crash, though, since Raise Dead has been in there forever.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby EviL_CLonE » 08 Jul 2009, 20:45

Jatill: Cards removed with Tidehollow Sculler don't return to opponent's hand when it leaves play. Do you have any idea about it?
I like Sword of Fire and Ice, but it's totally bugged, I can't play a game and finish it normally when I use it. Is there any chance to fix it?
EviL_CLonE

Postby jatill » 09 Jul 2009, 13:12

EviL_CLonE wrote:I like Sword of Fire and Ice, but it's totally bugged, I can't play a game and finish it normally when I use it. Is there any chance to fix it?
Funny thing, I was about to say that there was no way I could fix it, since I had tried for hours previously. But then I tried a new approach that just randomly hit me, and it may be working. Download and let me know. I'll keep my fingers crossed. :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0