It is currently 12 May 2024, 00:58

Text Size

Putting our collective knowledge together to make a solution

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Putting our collective knowledge together to make a solution

Postby gmzombie » 11 Apr 2009, 19:51

just curious you say that after or at the 2000 card limit the game crashes. is that because the magic.exe is bigger than expected? im just curious has anybody thought about recoding into C? i know from a programmer side these may sound dumb but im just tring to brainstorm on what to do. im just thinking if we can get everybodies ideas together maybe we can overcome this. I suggested or rather asked if removing the cards out of the exe and putting them all in the dll files would that make more room. is it a code limit or some rule implemented into the game somewhere? just thought id get some peeps thinking about this and this is not a slice at anybody. This game has seen so much improvement and cheers to everybody who has supported and written all of this. i surely couldnt do this...give me a car and thats a different story..even a pc but coding nah not me but i would hope that we could get over this problem. :D
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Re: Putting our collective knowledge together to make a solution

Postby Tower_Mazer » 11 Apr 2009, 23:05

I bet there is a way we could split each set into it's on dll if we had to. I've seen people do some amazing things with games. I know of mover programes that can be used to move dlls in and out as needed (sorry I'm only able to think of 2 of these atm for D2 1 is D2mod system and the other is NEFEX). I know people used Olly a lot to edit calls to the dlls. Another thing that would be really useful is to decompile the exe and rework the source which I don't think we have at the moment. It would be nice if we could pull out sections (decompile) into individual txt files and then we could use (eventually with definitions to the cells and formulas for easy editing) excel to edit them and then use a compiler to put them back into the exe. We would need a program with data definitions of the exe and then create some reference points for the sectioins to do this probably. I only have the general idea of what I'm talking about and right now I have no knowledge on how to make them a reality.
Tower_Mazer

Return to ManaLink 3.0