It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 14:05

Text Size

Help is needed for Bughunters - testers

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Help is needed for Bughunters - testers

Postby Aswan jaguar » 20 Sep 2013, 20:46

Hello,Manalink friends,we need people to help with the work concerning bugs(already a lot of people help reporting bugs,thanks guys)but we still have a lot of work confirming the bugs that are posted and providing info about them for our Developers,checking new updates,and now with new updates,we have decided to check all the bugs that are worked by Developers and marked as "fixed" or "check with new update" to see if they are fixed and so can be closed or they are still bugged or have new bugs inserted with the latest work on them.(Not to mention the GIGANTIC amount of work if anyone is up to that - to check the old unfixed or confirmed bug archives for bugs that remain or they are now fixed)....

Unfortunately other members of our team had no time to help for more than 2 years and Stassy and me did our best and kept things running well for the most time but lately Stassy has a lot more work helping with the AI base value + being the only active Moderator in all Manalink3.0 forums and I with lots of work in real life and (keep messing with csv values at times)I don't have the time I used to have or the power sometimes(being sleepy when testing doesn't have so good results, :) )

The work has multiplied now and to do more effective work and keep up with the new updates as I have said earlier we need volunteers to help us,so if anyone wants to help,ask anything about the work needed or how we do things please reply here or pm me or Stassy(or anywhere in Manalink3.0 forums you want escape .... our attention :lol: )
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 14 Dec 2013, 17:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unsticky - job done
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Help is needed for Bughunters - testers

Postby RanDomino » 21 Sep 2013, 16:39

Okay, so, what exactly do you need?
RanDomino

Postby Aswan jaguar » 21 Sep 2013, 17:46

RanDomino wrote:Okay, so, what exactly do you need?
Thanks for replying.
One of the tasks that have to be done is to check with the new update the Archived Reports forum for reports tagged as "fixed" or the ones tagged as "check with new update" to see if they really got fixed or another bug was inserted with the "fix". link:
viewforum.php?f=110

Unfortunately most of the times the old savegames can't be used to check the bugs (a lot don't have savegames)and even if they are usable they can't be trusted as they keep old settings of cards.As a result we have to make decks with the cards involved and test them.For easy bugs (missing an ability e.g flying you can just use the debug option to put the card in your hand and cast it)
(Some scenarios are extremely difficult to be reproduced-time consuming so all we can ask is do as much as one can or have time for it.If it is beyond ones time and patience maybe another will give it a shot)

1- If we find that the bug is fixed then we tag it as [fixed/closed] (whoever wants will be given moderator rights for the bug forum)or if you don't want to have moderator rights for the bug forum you can reply to the topic "it is fixed/closed" and then a moderator will tag it accordingly.

2- If we find that the SAME bug is still there will tag it as "still bugged" and a Manalink 3.0 Moderator will move it to the usual bug forum to be reworked.

3- If we find that there is another bug either inserted now or found now we have to make a new report about it to the bug forum.

Apart from the above task with the new update we have lots of new cards to test,too.You can help there if you like that better and report the bugs and confirm bugs reported from others,too or do little of both.Check the bug hunters forum for more info and ask whatever you need to clarify there.

I have taken the older 3 pages to check if fixed from Weapon Surge bug and older ones.
We will be using the bug hunters topic to communicate and collaborate,post there which bugs you are going to check,or anything else:
viewtopic.php?f=86&t=4013&start=90
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby RanDomino » 25 Sep 2013, 05:44

Do you mean for cards that are listed as fixed in a new patch's post, bugs that are listed as fixed in the archived reports from all time, bugs that are listed as fixed in the archived reports just since the last patch, and/or bugs that are newly-posted in the Bug Reports forum and need to be confirmed?
RanDomino

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Sep 2013, 13:39

1,2,3 I have listed above refer to "fixed bugs" and "check with new update" or similar to the archived reports forum concerning older bugs that are supposed to be fixed with the latest update (September)and we need to check if they are indeed fixed.

And apart from the above task with the new update we have lots of new cards to test,too.You can help there if you like that better and report the bugs and confirm bugs reported from others concerning the latest update,too or do little of both.Check the bug hunters forum for more info and ask whatever you need to clarify there.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby RanDomino » 27 Sep 2013, 02:40

Okay, I think I follow what you're saying.
RanDomino

Return to ManaLink 3.0