It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 20:42

Text Size

Whats up Manalinkers?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Whats up Manalinkers?

Postby jatill » 13 Dec 2013, 02:18

Hey everybody. I had a few hours to kill so I thought I'd revisit my favorite computer game and see what's up.

I can't remember when I last worked on cards, but it's probably been a few years. So I'm curious; what's new with the application? When I left the card limit had just been broken (or raised to tens of thousands). Has anything substantial happened since then?

Just by playing the game a few times I see that it's very fast, and the art is pretty slick.

I wish I had time to come back and work on the game, but I'm at a job now that consumes all of my working hours, and I have 3 kids at home (none when I started this project!) I'm so happy to see the game still moving forward with new patches. Great work Gargaroz et all. You've made your sensei proud :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Re: Whats up Manalinkers?

Postby stassy » 13 Dec 2013, 07:12

Hello, glad you are well and can still visit us.

We got one more dev joining (Korath) which helped a lot in fixing a lot of unfixable bugs (new targeting system, protections...) and the new frame system.

We also got a horde of moderators who can manage bug reports much better than before and expansion wise we are up to date to Theros and slowly crawling back to previous expansions in order to fill the blank and the missing Golden Years cards
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 13 Dec 2013, 16:19

As I mentioned in the other topic glad to hear from you Jatill and my best wishes for you and your family. -3 kids- a full-time job!

I have gathered most things that have changed the last 6 months you will probably be interested in like the ability icons you once worked upon and Korath continued among others:
July update Gargaroz said :
Well, I've amazing news for this update, Manalink friends ! With Korath, our new code-master, aboard finally we were able to expand the engine a bit, so there are new exciting features inserted :
+ new icons for non-standard abilities, like Lifelink and so on.
In your Cardart folder you could find 2 new icons series, the main one called simply "Abilities.bmp", and an alternative set did by Sonic called "Abilities-sonic.bmp". The program will search for "Abilities.bmp", so rename the files accordingly to test both. And maybe backup your original "Abilities.bmp" beforre applying the patch.
+ the possibility of "countering activated abilities" (still nothing on triggered, too bad).
+ an expanded targeting function, that we're experimenting from.
+ the possibility of animating any kind of lands. This too is still under testing.
September update Gargaroz said:
First of all, thanx again to Korath's efforts we have a new, great "drawcardlib" with some never-seen-before features like expansion symbols and more !

Second, the targeting function had an initial makeover, so now we have a full implementation of :
* Hexproof for creatures AND PLAYERS !
* Shroud FOR PLAYERS !
* Correct subtype interaction between old cards and stuff like Changelings and more.
* Enchanted Evening is correctly working with old cards.

Third, cards that can "clone" someting finally got activated abilities working (apart the ones that goes like "sac me : do this"). This include the long-awaited Vesuva (correct mana producing !).

Fourth, cards that turn a permanent into an Artifact finally works like they should (Phyrexian Metamorph, say hello !).

Fifth, finally we have a more faithful code for animate any land / artifact / enchantment (Opalescence ! Hoorey !)!

Sixth, thanx to Korath now the games runs much more faster !

Seventh, card that alter the activating cost of abilities are now implemented ! Power Artifact, raise your hand !

Eight, card like Mana Flare interact in a more precise way with newer cards (thanx Korath !)

Ninth, all the old legendary cards from Legends were recoded to adjust with the new Legend rule and to fix all the wrong interactions with newer cards.
November update Gargaroz said:
Ok guys, the wait is over ! Here's the probably most epic patch we ever release for our beloved Manalink !
It contains so much stuff and improvements that I couldn't post all here, but if you're curious I'll attach a full changelog below.
download/file.php?id=14216
Faster AI:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11467
More ability icons:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10735
The changes to DrawCardLibrary- set symbols, per set card artwork,
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11099
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Zargon » 10 Jan 2014, 17:34

Good day jatill,

I just wish to say...I just wish to say many thanks for beginning such a project in the first place. Touched many, it has.
Zargon

Return to ManaLink 3.0