It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 08:27

Text Size

Rule Engine ''card'' not working for me?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Rule Engine ''card'' not working for me?

Postby maruri33 » 12 Feb 2014, 17:33

Hello,

I am new to manalink 3.0 but use to play the old Microprose game ALL THE TIME back in the days. I'd like to start by saying that I am amazed by what you guys have done with the game!!

ok now, maybe I just don't know how to activate the ''Rules card'' but I have thi card with CASCADE ability in my hand and I can't seem to be able to cast it, even if I have the demanded mana. What do I do? lol

And for my second question, where can I find the MOST UPDATED version of the game, because I've seen to find a lot of links to download pages on this forum, but I'm never too sure which one is the newest.

Thanks a lot!
Attachments
Untitled-1.jpg
Bituminous Blast (or ''#4'' in my had) is this normal?
maruri33

Re: Rule Engine ''card'' not working for me?

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Feb 2014, 18:28

The latest can be found always in the Manalink3.0/Patches forum and in the Wiki/Manalink3.0 (will redirect to patches)you can also subscribe to the mailing list (patches forum) and as soon as a new patch is out you will get an e-mail notice.Latest Patch:
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13188

As for the Bitaminus Blast it doesn't need the Rules Engine card to work.The card is locked however and you need to unlock it by completing a challenge.The challenge number you need to complete is shown on the card.There are about 35 cards locked.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Fizanko » 12 Feb 2014, 18:28

Unfortunately i have no idea on how to use the rule engine card, i have not yet had any card that required it.

For the very latest version, at the time i write this it's there (read carefully the instruction of the 1st post) :
viewtopic.php?f=85&t=13188

But note that you need a Manalink3 install first as the latest version is not a standalone one, you can download a standalone Manalink3 here :
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=6401
then go on the other link to apply the patch and update that standalone Manalink3 into the latest version

edit : looks like i was too slow to reply :)
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Aswan jaguar » 12 Feb 2014, 18:32

You can see this post where I mention few things on how some cards can be used under Manalink3.0 or why they behave the way they do.I update it from time to time,not complete yet.
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=10916#p123003
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby HarlequinCasts » 15 Feb 2014, 19:09

You can only use the rules engine card when you have a card that otherwise cannot be used without it. The rules engine card allows for other mechanics that were not in the original microprose game.

For example, any card with cycling requires the rules card. If you have a Street Wraith in you hand, you can either cast it normally or you will see the Rules Card is also lit up yellow. Clicking the rules card will reveal an option "cycle Street Wraith". Same thing with cards like Simian Spirit Guide.

Those are just a few examples off the top of my head. But in general if you have multiple cards that have weird mechanics you are not sure how to use, check if the rules card is lit up and there will be a list of any cards there.

(Also if neither deck has any such cards, the rules card may not even be present)
HarlequinCasts

Return to ManaLink 3.0