It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 20:49

Text Size

Enhancing sealed deck?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Enhancing sealed deck?

Postby 0rion79 » 07 Mar 2014, 11:06

Hi pals, how are you?

I was wondering if we can put at good use all those wonderful old and new cards that have been coded untill now.
As the subject suggests, I would like to enjoy them in a sealed deck mode, but the current one is limited by the originally playable sets (from Alpha to Dark, plus 8th edition added by mok) and then there is the all-cards mode that, if I'm not wrong, replaced the lame 4th edition.
Now, is there a way to play a true sealed deck separating all of our cards into blocks? I would like to enjoy an ice-age block separated from the Eldrazi one :) Both because it would be faster to build decks and also because it isn't nice to build your one finding Thought Lash as rare card while your AI could find Emrakul, the Aeons Torn!
Would it require a re-coding of the sealed deck module?
0rion79

Re: Enhancing sealed deck?

Postby gmzombie » 08 Mar 2014, 03:55

viewtopic.php?f=56&t=10760 if anybody can help take a look and see if we can do anything. i mean its only the code locations from the magic.c but if someone can read code and maybe do some discussion about this. i really think there is a good way to do this otherwise maybe we could have a card coded to do it like we do the current draft. might be a possibility?
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby 0rion79 » 08 Mar 2014, 06:29

That would be awesome! Thanks for the link: hope that we can do it.
0rion79

Postby gmzombie » 14 Mar 2014, 12:31

So I have tested an idea though I didn't realize that 4th, 5th, 8th and chronicles all randomize cards in there packs. At first I thought I got somewhere but now I know it's not reading the rarity.csv for sealed deck.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Return to ManaLink 3.0