It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 23:25

Text Size

Volunteer with expertise of proliferate decks-play wanted

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Volunteer with expertise of proliferate decks-play wanted

Postby Aswan jaguar » 08 Mar 2014, 15:32

Korath is rewriting the proliferate mechanism and made new counters for all cards! But he needs help.
Korath wrote:

What I need is a list ranking each counter type on a scale from -10000 to 10000. Counters with values below 0 are detrimental, and the type with the lowest value will be picked to put on the opponent's cards; counters with values above 0 are beneficial, and the type with the highest value will be picked to put on the proliferator's cards.

Counters with a value of 0 are assumed to have no possible effect (like the manifestation counter from Arbiter of the Ideal, but not just one that has no current effect, like a divinity counter once That Which Was Taken has left play), and won't be added with proliferate. They may still be picked to be added or removed by other effects, like Chisei, Heart of Oceans, though.

No two counter types should share the same exact value, other than 0; this is why the range is so wide, even though there's only 124 counter types.

If anyone's feeling especially industrious, the values can be made dependent on the gamestate: for instance, a divinity counter might be worth 9000 if it's on one of the five Myojin cards; 8500 if the card it's on has a Bant effect ("That creature is indestructible as long as it has a divinity counter on it."); 8000 if there's a That Which Was Taken in play; or else 150.
Anyone interested to help there is more to his post at development section there is also a full list with all cards we have with counters that need to be valued:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13982

Show your appreciation guys and help a bit.
Last edited by Aswan jaguar on 03 May 2014, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: unsticky
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Volunteer with expertise of proliferate decks-play wante

Postby drool66 » 10 Mar 2014, 20:47

Just checking in - I play Skeleton Ship, Vorosh, and Myojin EDH decks that use & abuse the proliferate mechanic to varying degrees. I don't know if I have "expertise" but I am willing to help with this project in whatever way I can.
drool66
Programmer

Re: Volunteer with expertise of proliferate decks-play wante

Postby Aswan jaguar » 30 Mar 2014, 10:22

drool66 wrote:Just checking in - I play Skeleton Ship, Vorosh, and Myojin EDH decks that use & abuse the proliferate mechanic to varying degrees. I don't know if I have "expertise" but I am willing to help with this project in whatever way I can.
Did you make any work on this drool66 or anyone else?Korath is ready with the code and waits for someone to help with the evaluation of the counters as said in:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=13982#p147970
Reply to the above post for more info,questions.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to ManaLink 3.0