It is currently 20 Apr 2024, 03:33

Text Size

Avaliable card sets in "sealed mode"

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Avaliable card sets in "sealed mode"

Postby miha » 22 May 2014, 15:23

Hi. I recently installed Manalink 3.0 and really enjoyed "sealed tournament" where you play a series of matches against AI. But there seems to be a limited choise of sets to be included in a sealed pack. I can recall only Revised, 4th, 5th, 8th antiques, fallen empires, arabian nights, chronicles. Maybe a couple more. And the sets seem to be "messed up" like in "8th edition" you can get cards from say Lorwyn etc. Can someone explain the situation around "sealed" sets. Can i say have a sealed of only Urza Block cards? Thanks :)
miha

Re: Avaliable card sets in "sealed mode"

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 May 2014, 15:44

Unfortunately Sealed mode needs a lot of work to be fixed for newer sets and was left untouched by Devs.The only thing that was made is that 8th edition includes also the newer sets so someone can play with random new cards,too.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby RanDomino » 27 May 2014, 23:53

Try experimenting with different combinations of packs. I'm pretty sure the antiques, fallen empires, arabian nights, chronicles packs only have cards from those sets, but the base sets have everything. Unfortunately, the AI seems to only make monogreen decks :/
RanDomino

Postby gmzombie » 28 May 2014, 17:29

Yea just mess around with it. Unfortunately it is a spot that could be addressed, but we need to figure out how it decides which set to use. My thoughts are if we could get that area to read the rarity.dat or dbinfo.dat but this is just in theory.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby gmzombie » 30 May 2014, 01:27

actually i think it would be better if we could get a card like draft so we can not have to deal with all the mess of the old sealed.
can I maze of ith your snowstorm?

http://home.comcast.net/~gmzombie/index.html old stuff in here. don't use this stuff right now till I get time to get back into it and readjust.
gmzombie

Postby Aquillion » 30 May 2014, 01:55

Oh, I already figured this out. I wrote a quick Python script for myself that puts everything in the Unlimited pack. The problem is that it's not really set up in a way that would make it easy for anyone else to use it; still, I'll include it here. Here's what I sent the last person who asked me, anyway:

Alright, I've attached a few things that might help!

The easy way to do it is with the dat files. You can just drop those in your Manalink 3.0\Progam folder and, for the current version, it should work fine... I think. This puts every card in the unlimited set, so just use a bunch of unlimited packs and decks and it will give you every card. However, it won't work right with later versions.

I also included an edited CSV file in the other zip, which produces those DAT files when it's dropped in the magic_updater folder and csv2dat.exe is run. (The DAT files then have to be moved out to the program folder.) I'm not sure why I included it; all it does is create the given DAT files. As the above, it won't work right with later editions (since it won't include their cards.)

For later versions, you want the python file in the other zip. (manaparse.py) It's a bit more complex. To use it, you first need a Python interpreter on your computer. Then you put that Python file in the magic_updater folder. You also want to make a copy of the csv file (not the one included here, the original one for your current edition of the game) in your magic_updated folder and name it 'Manalink - original.csv' -- the original one will get overwritten, so that's the one the python file will use as the 'base', producing an edited version which puts the sets you specify in there. It's currently set to use all of them, but it can be configured to use whichever you want.

(To do that, just put the proper names of the sets you want to use in the sets = { } area, in quotes and separated by commas. You can find the proper set names in the CSV, I think.)

Finally, I think the Python file uses a unix-style 'move' command at the end, which your computer might not be set up with. In that case it'll fail to move the dat files it creates out of the magic_updater folder. But you can do that yourself.

Anyway, good luck. In addition to all of this, you can edit the CSV file yourself... the reason I didn't just go into that is because it's not really feasible by hand. But you'd want to change the Expansion row to '800h' to put things in Unlimited. There are some cards you wouldn't want to put there (the python file detects and skips them; you can see what they are by reading it.)
...I think I didn't include the CSV file this time. But you should be able to figure it out. The key point is:

Edit the csv file in the /magic_updater folder, then run csv2dat.exe, and put the resulting dat files in the main directory. The python file shows how you should edit it.
Attachments
dat files.zip
(1.68 MiB) Downloaded 311 times
manaparse.zip
(1.06 KiB) Downloaded 317 times
Aquillion

Postby miha » 17 Sep 2014, 20:49

Thanks a lot Aquillion. You made my day! :D
miha

Return to ManaLink 3.0