It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 05:56

Text Size

Looking for help with an idea I had.

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Looking for help with an idea I had.

Postby Setzertrancer » 22 Apr 2015, 04:34

TL;DR

Are there any blocks that have been completely 100% coded?

Does the search function only work for some cards?

Hi, I recently found manalink 3.0 and am really impressed by it. However I've been trying to find a way to simulate the thrill of collecting cards like in real life. So what I did was I went to tappedout and had it simulate a random draft of Ice Age and Coldsnap boosters for me. It created a list of the cards I would have gotten in those boosters and then I proceeded to try to find each card in Manalink 3.0 Deck Builder.

The first problem I had is that the search function mostly fails to find cards even though I type or copy and paste the title of the card exactly. So then I tried finding them manually, which I sometimes did.

But then the next problem is that there were cards I could not find at all. Here is a list of the white cards in the simulated draft. The cards with the minus symbol in front I found, but the others didn't seem to exist in the program.

White

-Arctic Foxes 1
-Arenson's Aura 2
-Circle of Protection: Blue 1
-Circle of Protection: Red 1
-Cooperation 1
-Gelid Shackles 1
Heal 1
-Jotun Owl Keeper 1
Kelsinko Ranger 1
Kjeldoran Guard 1
-Kjeldoran War Cry 1
-Martyr of Sands 1
-Ronom Unicorn 1
-Shield Bearer 1
Snow Hound 1
Swift Maneuver 1
-White Shield Crusader 1

So I assume that not all of the Ice Age / Coldsnap cards are there. Is there however any sets or blocks other then from the base game, that I could simulate a draft in this way.

My plan is to come up with a system where I could make a draft deck for myself and the AI separately and then simulate the fun of collecting by going to Tappedout after each match and randomize a couple more booster packs.

If anyone has any ideas about how I could make this work, I would appreciate some input.
Setzertrancer

Re: Looking for help with an idea I had.

Postby Aswan jaguar » 22 Apr 2015, 15:03

Complete sets are: Antiquities,Revised Edition,Fallen Empires,Fourth Edition,From the Vault: Dragons,From the Vault: Exiled,From the Vault: Relics,From the Vault: Legends,Premium Deck Series: Graveborn,Commander's Arsenal,From the Vault: Twenty.

There are some sets that are only missing 1-4 cards.
It happens that you selected Ice Age which is the set with the most uncoded cards in Manalink3.0 coded=186 , uncoded=187.
I am attaching a text file that lists all sets,rarity and number of cards that have been coded and not coded.

Setzertrancer wrote:Does the search function only work for some cards?
The search function is not for finding names of cards,types,subtypes.It is for finding group of cards according to what is written in the card's text.

There is another search,a "blind one". If you place your mouse in the cards area of the deck-builder and you begin typing the name of the card it will take you directly to it.

If you have not tried yet you can try our draft(wiki has instructions on how to use draft and other gameplays: http://www.slightlymagic.net/wiki/ManaLink_3.0 ),not what you seek random draft,more boosters but maybe you will like it.Draft is my beloved game play.
Attachments
Manalink-fate reforged_ExpRarity.txt
(15.07 KiB) Downloaded 552 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Setzertrancer » 23 Apr 2015, 02:39

Thank you Aswan.

It looks like the the first 2 set of Khans are almost complete I didn't expect that.

I'm going give this another shot.
Setzertrancer

Postby dingbat1 » 25 Apr 2015, 11:50

Aswan jaguar wrote:There are some sets that are only missing 1-4 cards.
It happens that you selected Ice Age which is the set with the most uncoded cards in Manalink3.0 coded=186 , uncoded=187.
I am attaching a text file that lists all sets,rarity and number of cards that have been coded and not coded.
Aswan, is this file correct?

It says that Theros has 254 cards in total, whereas there are only 249 cards in the set.
Born of the Gods likewise lists 183 and Journey into Nyx 176, whereas those expansions only have 165 cards each.
Dark Ascension only has 158 cards, not 172, and Avacyn Restored should be 234, not 235.
Conversely, Champions of Kamigawa should have 291, not 290.

The total amount coded matches my list, which was created by manually counting the cards in each set. Just the noncoded/total seems off on those sets

(note: I didn't check the core sets or event decks)
dingbat1

Postby Aswan jaguar » 25 Apr 2015, 16:49

This file is generated by Playdeck analyser (nice tool) and it reads manalink.csv or cards.dat.
I found that there are at least 2 problems on how the Playdeck analyser is counting coded,uncoded,total cards from manalink.scv besides a possible a bad entry in Manalink.csv columns.
Playdeck Analyser reads the coded card column and each sets columns for total number of cards of Manalink.csv for it's results.
Counts the marked as coded = value 1 and uncoded value = 0 in coded cards column.

1- In Manalink.csv we need to have cards that are animated,flip cards,bestowed,and such cards as 2 entries to be handled by the game.The front card is shown there as coded and the animated,flipped,etc. are valued as uncoded cards (the same as the really uncoded cards) so that they are not shown in the deck editor.These cards are also marked on the set they belong so we have these false result.

2- There is also the problem with basic lands.In Manalink.csv there are only 1 of each basic land card per set but in Theros for example there are 4 cards printed for each basic land.

example:
For Theros the total number of cards is in manalink = 254 and in reality = 249.
249 - 15(basic lands not counted in manalink)= 235 + 20 (number of bestowed,animated cards) = 255 - 1 Ordeal of Purphoros uncoded card = 254.
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Return to ManaLink 3.0