It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 18:20

Text Size

missing cards?!?!.

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

missing cards?!?!.

Postby DrLolotor » 22 May 2015, 23:33

Hey everyone,

I was an old player (96-99) of Magic and I discovered the old microprose game was now abandonware and even some players upgraded it through manalink 3.0!
I think i was able to download and install most important things up to now, but there is some weird things.
Some cards are missing to build a deck. for example I wanted to use tradewinds riders but it does not exist!! In contrast some deck list has it and you can play with this cards by just loading the good deck?!?
So it means you cannot really build whatever you want!. This is very frustrating and i guess there is a probably an issue ont that problem.

Second, Shandalar does not work, is this normal or is thee an issue too??

I would thank anyone for your help, and i thank all guyz who has evolved this game over 20 years!!
DrLolotor

Re: missing cards?!?!.

Postby BAgate » 23 May 2015, 01:23

1) Tradewind Rider is in the game and the deck builder. Make sure you have updated to the most recent patch. However some cards aren't coded, either because they can't be or were duplicates of other cards. So there are some gaps.

2) Shandalar has just recently been worked on and is still in pre-alpha status. See this forum for more info.
Working on: housekeeping and archived reports
BAgate
Tester

Postby DrLolotor » 27 May 2015, 11:48

Yeah thanks, you are right!

My misunderstanding comes from the reasearch engine:

It does not work for some cards?!? birds of paradise or tradewind rider for exemple in my case. But knowing that it is more painfull to make a deck but that is still possible
DrLolotor

Postby stassy » 28 May 2015, 13:04

From the Manalink wiki FAQ :

Q: How do you use the ingame DeckEditor to search for a card?
A: The ingame DeckEditor has 2 basic functions, it can search for the name of a specific card or a card with specific text.
To search for the name of a card, just type the first letters and as you type the DeckEditor will filter automatically the card alphabetically by name. The DeckEditor memorize your typing for a few seconds, so if you want to reset your search just wait for around 5 sec or you can hit the delete or direction keys (each hit will remove one search letter).
To search for a card with specific text, use the lower left box to type your text and hit enter (lower and upper case doesn't matter, space matter and you cannot search several separate words at once unless you use the joker *, the string of text matter). To reset your search just erase the text in the box and left click anywhere else.
With the classic filters available (color, type and misc) You can also filter cards by Expansion with the most left button of the filter list (labelled 8th). Right clicking on it will pop up a filter window and work the same as creature type filter.
From an old post of mine to illustrate it but still works:

Just left click anywhere but in that box and type the beginning of the name of your card, in your case "rean"

stassy

Return to ManaLink 3.0