It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 17:22

Text Size

Custom Set Editor - Sneak preview

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Custom Set Editor - Sneak preview

Postby Gargaroz » 07 Jan 2010, 21:55

No more problem for me !
Now I'm free to re-enter in the coding-frenzy state again, yuppi !
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Jan 2010, 22:10

The FAQ says: Copy your cardArtNew folder to a new folder called cardArtCus
Should we leave the CardArtNew folder within CardArtCus or do we copy the files from the CardArtNew into the custom folder? Itried it both ways with the same result;

Which is nothing happened really. A command prompt window opened for a 1/2 second and then closed. Nothing tried to load up. The only activity I could find was this cardC.dat file that was generated from running the My2000.exe & which I include below.

I unpacked everything as was directed in the FAQ, so I can't think of anything else.
Attachments
cardC.dat.zip
cardC File
(214.72 KiB) Downloaded 302 times
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 07 Jan 2010, 22:35

I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. After copying you should have magic\cardartnew and magic\cartartcus with the same files in them. As you modify your custom version, the arts in cardartcus will change.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 07 Jan 2010, 22:37

Gargaroz wrote:No more problem for me !
Now I'm free to re-enter in the coding-frenzy state again, yuppi !
You might want to wait until I "officially" release this, which will be once a certain number of people verify that this thing actually works. By all means code away, but I'm not relinquishing control of Magic.exe and friends quite yet :)

PS: never use card ids in code anymore
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 07 Jan 2010, 22:54

on an esthetic note, see what is the exact size of the card images uploaded from the internet. the card image window dhould be exactly that size, because the exe is not good at changing the size and doing a good render (it's not supposed to, it's not photoshop after all:)) so it's got to ba the same size as the image it contains.

also just to be ennoying, the left "search" button is the same as the right one : i used transparencies for a "cooler render on those buttons, so it shows the hand of the witch by transparency, you have another "search" button which goes on the left.

....and I think you shouldn't use that bevel effect on the buttons, it looks to much like Windows 95 :D (I know i'm a pain the patookus, I'm sorry

EDIT : quick edit to remove silly bug reports due to blunders of mine. :oops:
mathusalem

Postby Bog Wraith » 07 Jan 2010, 23:40

jatill wrote:I'm not sure exactly what you are asking. After copying you should have magic\cardartnew and magic\cartartcus with the same files in them. As you modify your custom version, the arts in cardartcus will change.
The FAQ was written to "Copy your cardArtNew folder to a new folder called cardArtCus." I thought it might mean to keep the cardartnew folder with the all the files contained in it within the cardartcus folder. I know now that it means to place the art files within the cardartcus folder without the cardartnew folder.

In any case, I tried it both ways before, just to make sure, and I got the same result I wrote about in my last
post.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 08 Jan 2010, 02:37

I guess that's between you and your operating system :/
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby jatill » 08 Jan 2010, 15:58

Okay, I updated the urls in the wiki. the latest version of manalink is: http://www.mediafire.com/file/onoy51eym5r/20100107.zip

Can someone delete what they have no and try to follow the set editor directions in the wiki and make sure everything still works? Thanks.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 08 Jan 2010, 17:17

Now I do think this is a major bug :

Ok I replaced Conqueror's pledge by Blinding angel in my custom version and tried it. so I had this Sneak attack deck and debugged it into my hand.

Then, the angel was not recignized as a valid target by sneak attack, because it wasn't a creature; i managed to hard cast it and instead of the angel, i got 6 Soldier tokens : the card is the angel but the code remains the one for conqueror's pledge.

Also I made a custom deck folder named custDeck. but Magic Custom keeps seeing no deck. <- Got the answer for that one ! the custom deck builder makes dck files (nothing special) but for somer eason all my deck files have been changed to .old files !! it's the second time this happens how come ? what changes those files into .old ?)
mathusalem

Postby jatill » 08 Jan 2010, 17:53

Yup, I just discovered the same bug on my own. File links are updated, please try again. And sadly, all links changed (though you shouldn't need the installer again).

New patch is http://www.mediafire.com/file/emvmjamd1wm/20100108.zip

And regarind the .old files, I think you must be using switcher or whatever that old exe file was called. Don't use that :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby mathusalem » 08 Jan 2010, 23:02

Well....... it works !! :D :D
mathusalem

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Jan 2010, 00:14

Got it working too! 8)
Attachments
Custom Set Editor.jpg
Custom Set Editor
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Jan 2010, 00:23

It works for me too ! I had a really good time playing a strange blue creature deck featuring Homarid Spawning Bed Vs a monogreen Thallid deck with Master of the Wild Hunt.
I've also discovered some card bugs too.

However, the editor has a small issue : if you disable the net pictures (they slow down the program quite much) and try to visualize a card that hasn't the proper art, the editor crashes.
Also, try to void the "power / toughness" field in non-creature cards.
Lastly, but I guess this is not fixable, non-coded cards shouldn't be available in the editor, otherwise someone would guess that we've coded stuff like Invoke Prejudice and we haven't still. I know the problem is how to include tokens (coded card = 0) and exclude the non-coded cards, but I'm sure there's a way (pehaps checking both coding field and type field).
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby Bog Wraith » 09 Jan 2010, 01:23

Gargaroz wrote:It works for me too ! I had a really good time playing a strange blue creature deck featuring Homarid Spawning Bed Vs a monogreen Thallid deck with Master of the Wild Hunt.
I've also discovered some card bugs too.

However, the editor has a small issue : if you disable the net pictures (they slow down the program quite much) and try to visualize a card that hasn't the proper art, the editor crashes.
Also, try to void the "power / toughness" field in non-creature cards.
Lastly, but I guess this is not fixable, non-coded cards shouldn't be available in the editor, otherwise someone would guess that we've coded stuff like Invoke Prejudice and we haven't still. I know the problem is how to include tokens (coded card = 0) and exclude the non-coded cards, but I'm sure there's a way (pehaps checking both coding field and type field).
Did you make decks from within the editor? I'm a bit confused as all I could do was view the cards in both lists. As is shown in my picture, there were no other features or buttons for me to select. Am I missing something here or is my editor not complete? :?
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby Gargaroz » 09 Jan 2010, 01:34

Bog Wraith wrote:Did you make decks from within the editor? I'm a bit confused as all I could do was view the cards in both lists. As is shown in my picture, there were no other features or buttons for me to select. Am I missing something here or is my editor not complete? :?
No, no decks at all. I mean, thanx to this editor I can make a deck that features both Thallids and Master of the Wild Hunt (as Beavis would say, "Cool !").
The buttons you're looking for are just on the bottom of the window, the "Copy" and "Paste" buttons, they appear in the image you posted. Select a card from the first list, then click on "Copy", then select a card you want to overwrite on the second list, click "Paste", wait some time and ta-dah !
----
Gargaroz
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0