It is currently 16 May 2024, 18:16

Text Size

Easy Way To Find Cards To Swap With The Custom Set Editor!

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Easy Way To Find Cards To Swap With The Custom Set Editor!

Postby Bog Wraith » 15 Jan 2010, 00:52

For those who use Magic Workstation, available here at CCGHQ, I made a deck containing the 362 cards that are available to be swapped using Jatill's new Custom Set Editor. I did this to make it easier to view these cards & to search them by way of how MWS's filters the cards by colour, spell, type, creatures etc… I just wanted an easy 'n fast way to get the info I needed on the cards that I was trying to find.
It's allot easier & more convenient then looking at the cards by clicking on them one at a time!

I like to try to swap a card for one that is similar in type, cost & colour. So for example, if I want to get rid of a Black Sorcery card that costs 3 in total overall mana, I look for a Black Sorcery that costs the same as the one I'd like to exchange it with. I just want to try to keep the balance of spells, creatures, costs & colours as close to what it was before I started to customize my library. Sure, sometimes I will pick a card that is more or less in cost, but I do try to even out the exchange. Of course everyone will approach it in different ways, but regardless, being able to use MWS's search functions helps you to decide what you want & makes it easier doing so by having the program open side by side with the Editor while customizing your library.

Now, there are 3 cards listed in the Editor that do not show up in the DB used by MWS. 2 of the cards listed in fact do not exist in any MTG DB I looked at, including the Gatherer at WotC's site, which I referenced to double check all 3. Those 2 cards listed in the Editor are "Camarid" & "Vampire". The 3rd card is "Thrull" which does exist & is in the Divine & Demonic set, but again, is not currently in the MWS DB that I have.

There is also one empty slot, that is labeled "No Card". All of these bring the total to the 366 listed in brackets at the top left column of the Custom Set Editor.

I don't think I missed anything, but if you come across an error or such, please post it in this thread along with any comments or suggestions. Maybe it will even get some more feedback then my Twitter idea got, which was, well, nothing! :P

I hope you find it useful! :)
Attachments
Cards Deck For Custom Deck Editor.rar
Cards Deck For CSE!
(3.61 KiB) Downloaded 216 times
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Re: Easy Way To Find Cards To Swap With The Custom Set Editor!

Postby 0rion79 » 16 Jan 2010, 07:28

Bogwraith, aren't those cards the tokens generated by some spells as Breeding Pit from Fallen Empires? I think that this would cause some *BUG* because, if I copy those cards to custom editor and I don't copy the token into the right location or don't copy it at all, then the game will not know what to generate and this will cause serious bugs!!
Jatill, what do you think about?
0rion79

Postby jatill » 16 Jan 2010, 12:55

It doesn't matter where you copy them to, as long as you copy them.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 16 Jan 2010, 16:35

0rion79 wrote:Bogwraith, aren't those cards the tokens generated by some spells as Breeding Pit from Fallen Empires? I think that this would cause some *BUG* because, if I copy those cards to custom editor and I don't copy the token into the right location or don't copy it at all, then the game will not know what to generate and this will cause serious bugs!!
Jatill, what do you think about?
Thanks for clarifying what those 2 slots were taken up by because as I said, I couldn't find anything about them!
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to ManaLink 3.0