It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:03

Text Size

Arrival point?

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Arrival point?

Postby 0rion79 » 20 Jan 2010, 09:50

Hello people, how're u? Maybe my question may be weird, but I would like to ask to our modders if they have planned any specific arrival point about modding this game. I ask so because I would like to have some time to appreciate the work done until now, to build decks and just to assimilate the new information coming with new cards (most of them are totally new for me).
Of course, even if new mods are always wellcomed, they also prevent what just written above, so I would like if you are just adding cards as much as you can o if there is any clear goal to achieve.
Thank!
0rion79

Re: Arrival point?

Postby Gargaroz » 20 Jan 2010, 11:57

I speak only for myself, but some times ago I put down a list of cards that I would like to add to the game. As now, I covered no more than the 10% of the list (including the upcoming update).
Plus, I don't really see the problem : just make your deck with the cards you know and ignore the rest. And with the coming of the blessed My2000 the situation is perfect for developing stuff without hurting too much who enjoy playing only with older cards.
Just my 2 cents, of course.
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 20 Jan 2010, 12:35

Don't misunderstand me: I'm more than happy with the new cards, I would just like to have enough time to enjoy them. As long as things are going, I would appreciate much more a big rush to add cards and then a long, intensive pause, also devoted to playtesting and bug-fixing. Of course, since nobody here is paid to do so, own business makes this hypotetical situation very unlikely to happen. SO probably, I will just wait :)
But, anyway, you've already given me a good answer: you have your X-cards list to add and that's your goal! After that, I think I will seriously concentrate upon deckbuilding.... who knows, maybe in the meantime there will also come a new deckbuilder or more options!
0rion79

Postby jatill » 20 Jan 2010, 13:01

200 new or so cards are created in Magic:the Gathering every 3 months. So I wouldn't expect new cards to to stop being added to manalink until all the modders get tired of it.

If it's any consolation, my next release will be dedicated to bug fixes (not that there are that many bugs, IMO). But before I even think about doing that, I have a lot of video games to catch up on :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby 0rion79 » 21 Jan 2010, 07:35

Well, as long as you may restore Sylvan Library as it was before, it will be A BIG consolation for me :)
Anywaway, soon or later we will have to reach a limit: with your custom version tool, it is just meaningless to remove cards from the main manalink.csv version but soon also the Limited version will be filled and, then, I think that we will really reach a dead point, where adding more cards will just be impossible until new solutions will be found.
0rion79

Postby blotto » 21 Jan 2010, 12:19

But that is what the custom editor is for. Even if ALL of the Magic cards were coded they could be dumped into the stock pile and you can pick and choose what cards you want to play with. It gives you all lot to work with, and if at some point you get tired of what you have you can change them out. Plus if you are content with what you have, it gives you the option of just leaving it alone. I don't see a down side here.
blotto

Postby 0rion79 » 22 Jan 2010, 08:05

The downside is that you have to repeat that selection process each time that a new expansion set is released, and this also mean to update many decks with the newer cards. Anyway, I think I'll keep watching for further expansions and keep my game up to date but will effectively play it only much later. In the mean time, I will assist as I can.
0rion79

Postby stassy » 22 Jan 2010, 10:18

That is what I was thinking whith the new swap system : to establish a list of card unused in the current decklist so I can swap them with the new ones. Problem, seems to be nearly all the cards are used at least once...
stassy

Return to ManaLink 3.0