It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 00:53

Text Size

Dominion (by Rio Grande Games)

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Dominion (by Rio Grande Games)

Postby Boom2010 » 10 Mar 2010, 22:46

1. I think Treasury is being put automatically on top of your deck (when no Vp's have been purchased). The card reads that you "may" put this on top of your deck so should be a condition option here.

2. Previous player buys a province. I play a (Treasury and then) smuggler on my turn. Can't purchase province as it is not 6 coin or less. Can't proceed any further and have to exit game.
Boom2010

Postby mcdog » 10 Mar 2010, 23:16

Dude, this is seriously cool.

I'll do some more testing tonight.
mcdog

Postby xemu » 11 Mar 2010, 04:57

Very nice! I don't think Treasure Map is implemented correctly, though. I had a pair in hand twice, and when I played one, just the one card got trashed and I didn't get my four gold--a bit frustrating.

I second the notion that it would be great if users got some measure of control over which decks or individual cards were included or excluded.
xemu

Postby Boom2010 » 11 Mar 2010, 07:20

Suggestion/Nice to have:

At the end of a game in addition to player scores would it be possible to have an analysis/presentation of final desk breakdown. Pictorial or text would be fine. This would greatly assist in understanding and improving play/deck optimisation.

Another bolt on the card selection comments, Jatill you will have seen from the links PM'ed that a number also have "preconstucted" kindgom "decks". Might be nice to have a save facility for favourite selections.
Boom2010

Postby Boom2010 » 11 Mar 2010, 09:47

DrLambda wrote:*edit: About Wishing Well: You could simply make the ai call the card it has in its deck the most often (probably Copper) every time. That would be a good approximation of what happens in real life ;)
Slight tweak to this might be to adjust the deck composition for those cards currently "in hand" by the AI, and perhaps the cards used in the AI hand before (if this information is kept), and pick the highest from that adjusted deck. This probably represents the ability I have to remember what not to call (or at least what to adjust for). :D :D
Boom2010

Postby jatill » 11 Mar 2010, 12:55

Boom2010 wrote:1. I think Treasury is being put automatically on top of your deck (when no Vp's have been purchased). The card reads that you "may" put this on top of your deck so should be a condition option here.
It's a may, but why would you ever choose not to? For some cards, I am not programming the choices that would come up in 1/1000 games. As another example, you can only upgrade your coins with Mine, while technically you can downgrade or stay the same.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Boom2010 » 11 Mar 2010, 13:55

jatill wrote:It's a may, but why would you ever choose not to?
I was trying to come with some clever scenario where I could support that you might want to - but with this card I am struggling. I've never rated this card that highly as all(?!) it does is effectively give you an additonal coin (although could be quite powerful in multiples but then very costly to set up). So you got me on this one....

For some cards, I am not programming the choices that would come up in 1/1000 games. As another example, you can only upgrade your coins with Mine, while technically you can downgrade or stay the same.
Okay understand the brief.
Boom2010

Postby DrLambda » 11 Mar 2010, 14:29

Boom2010 wrote: I've never rated this card that highly as all(?!) it does is effectively give you an additonal coin (although could be quite powerful in multiples but then very costly to set up).
Treasury is insane. Sure, it just gives you one additional coin, but that coin doesn't take up one of your hand cards. Whenever you don't buy VPs, it gives you that additional coin the next turn as well. In multiples, it becomes even more sick, because suddenly all your hands have like 2-3 additional coins (not using up cards in your hand) every single turn. You can then go on and buy gold for like 3-4 turns in a row and then just buy a province every turn with all the gold that you got while the Treasury still works like the Market in most of the cases.
DrLambda

Postby Boom2010 » 12 Mar 2010, 15:16

xemu wrote:I don't think Treasure Map is implemented correctly, though. I had a pair in hand twice, and when I played one, just the one card got trashed and I didn't get my four gold--a bit frustrating.
Similar - but not quite. Had two treasure maps in hand. Played one as an action, nothing else happened. Neither card was trashed, nor gold received.
Only able to move on to the buy phase.
Boom2010

Postby mcdog » 12 Mar 2010, 16:22

I'm seeing the same thing with Treasure Map.
mcdog

Postby xemu » 12 Mar 2010, 16:23

Boom2010 wrote:
xemu wrote:I don't think Treasure Map is implemented correctly, though. I had a pair in hand twice, and when I played one, just the one card got trashed and I didn't get my four gold--a bit frustrating.
Similar - but not quite. Had two treasure maps in hand. Played one as an action, nothing else happened. Neither card was trashed, nor gold received.
Only able to move on to the buy phase.
This might have been what actually happened to me. It's hard to be sure whether my Treasure Map was trashed or discarded.
xemu

Postby jatill » 12 Mar 2010, 17:02

I'm locking this thread since there is a newer version available. If you have tried the newer version and are still seeing bugs, please report them there. Thanks.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0