It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 16:47

Text Size

You are going to love this - trust me

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

You are going to love this - trust me

Postby Salbei » 18 May 2010, 10:32

I´m not done with the Gauntlet yet but i have to share this...you are going to love this trust me.
This is from my notes from the May Tournament. i´m playing with Jatills deck against Brandon and its the freakiest game EVER.

3)Brandon
First hand got no manasource whatsoever -> mulligan.second hand got 1 land + Ancestral Recall - but the land is a Plains ... should mulligan this aswell.said and done.
Mulligan to 5 leads me to Mox Jet , Sol Ring , Moat and Mystical Tutor ... well its not getting any better so i have to keep it.

Turn1
Mox Jet, Sol Ring go
AI starts with Mox Ruby, Sol Ring go (no land)
Turn2
I draw Control Magic . can´t do anything -> go
AI Mountain go - at least no Blood Moon jet ...
Turn 3
Chastise from the top ... the shufler really doesn´t like me today.
AI playing Mountain go
Turn 4
Baneslayer Angel from the top ... still no play since turn 1 with a hand full of cards i cannot play.
AI Mountain go ... omg
Turn 5
Path to Exile from the top - go
AI Mountain go ... still 6 cards in his hand , 4 mountains , Sol Ring + Mox Ruby in play - i think my game is broken.
Turn 6
Black Lotus from the top... leading me to be able to play Mystical Tutor (pointless w/o mana), Moat (pointless against his deck) and Baneslayer Angel ... so i went with the nobrainer and played the Angel.
AI Disintegrates my Angel for all his mana. go
Turn 7
Mox Sapphire from the top ... now we are talking. go
AI does his Mountain - go thing again... alright. EOT Mystical Tutor for Ancestral Recall .gonna be able to play that no matter what and there has to be at least 1 land within these 3 cards.
Turn 8
Play Ancestral Recall , draw Wall of Denial, Sphinx of Jwar Isle , Island ... you must be fucking kidding me... Island go
AI disitergrates me for 8 ( i´m down to 12).
Turn 9
Draw Tundra from the top and play Sphinx of Jwar Isle ... its gonan be over soon.
AI plays Blood Moon (cut me off my white mana again) + the Rack ... big deal i´m at 6 cards.... go
Turn 10
I draw Plains - and play Wall of Denial, and attack for 5 with the Sphinx (ai down to 15).
AI plays Lava Axe to my face.i´m down to 7 ... don´t tell me i´m loosing to this dear god.
Turn 11
Fetchland from the top - doesn´t do much as a mountain. i keep it on the hand since i already got more than enough mana - 2nd white would at least be usefull. attack with Sphinx for 5 -> AI down to 10. go Disintegrate and its over...
AI plays Mountain go - we know this by now.
Turn 12
Tundra from the Top. just to remind you my hand is Swords,Moat,Control Magic, Chastise, Path to Exile, Flooded Strand,Tundra. i play the Tundra , attack for 5 (AI down to 5), me at 7 while the AI got 5 cards .... tons of ways i could die next turn including LavaAxe mixed with other burn,or very likly just a lethal Disintegrate). go
AI making it interesting and plays a Wheel of Fortune.... 3x burn for 1 and i´m dead... (AI discards Blood Moon,Hidetsugu´s Second Rite , Lavaspike (WTF?) ... and then play lightning Bolt to my face followed up by Lava Axe (first time ever i lost to that card).but wait ... i see a Cunning Wish flashing, got a white mana aswell so i could just fetch something like Healing Salve to save my ass and win anyway .Made a screenshot in case nobody believes me ... so i end up LIVING afterall with 2 life
Turn 13
Sphinx attacks and i win ... OH MY GOD.

Screenshot
savegame is attached aswell
Retired a long time ago. I will not reply.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Re: You are going to love this - trust me

Postby jatill » 18 May 2010, 12:10

Good work :) I would have kept the 2nd hand, but I love Ancestral that much. Anyway, I love the Wishes for reasons like this. Using someone else's deck I needed to wish for Wall of Wood to stay alive. It would have worked, if the AI didn't also draw Beserk :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 18 May 2010, 13:58

I thought about to Cunning Wish into Living Wish just to get something ridiculous like a Mountain Goat to humilitate the AI. In one of the other games with your deck - but the game was over before i actually draw Cunning Wish unfortunatly.
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby aww1979 » 18 May 2010, 14:00

Hehe :) I'd have mulliganed that Ancestral/Plains hand, too; in fact, I remember getting that exact thing with either jatill's or your deck in the tournament at some point, and throwing it back with disgust. And Ancestral Recall is probably my favourite card, or damn close.

@jatill: Wall of Wood? Not Tinder Wall, which is strictly superior? Or Steel Wall or Brass Man, which are strictly superior except for being vulnerable to artifact removal. Would Steel Wall have absorbed enough damage to keep alive in that case? :p

edit: I don't know wtf the *.E1G format is in the rar file, but I could see the jpg just fine when I clicked on it. In fact, it erased the post I was writing in this box :p
aww1979
Tester

Postby jatill » 18 May 2010, 14:13

I didn't realize Steel Wall was coded, or I would have chosen that (still wouldn't have saved me). I knew about the other alternatives, but since it was just there to block, Wall of Wood was funnier :)
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Salbei » 18 May 2010, 17:32

hmm turns out the AI won´t play the Wheel again in the savegame for some reason so it is worthless :(
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Postby juzamjedi » 18 May 2010, 17:35

That is an awesome screen shot. On a similar note I also noticed that AI did not play Lava Spike against me either. In one of my games against Brandon's deck it went Mountain go for 6 turns in a row. I didn't play any creatures I guess it was waiting for me to play them (?)

Edit: Wall of Wood for major style points indeed :lol:
juzamjedi
Tester

Postby aww1979 » 20 May 2010, 15:30

You're going to love this one too :)

thedrigo vs jatill, tournament gauntlet screenshot

#-o
Attachments
rofl.JPG
aww1979
Tester

Postby Salbei » 20 May 2010, 15:33

well who wouldn´t have picked the Figure over the 29/29 Serra Avatar ... its clearly superior ! :mrgreen:
Salbei
DEVELOPER

Return to ManaLink 3.0