It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 17:25

Text Size

Thoughts sharing and goodbye (but not farewell)

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Thoughts sharing and goodbye (but not farewell)

Postby 0rion79 » 02 Nov 2010, 17:59

I bet there is an end for everything and I'm probably near to end my days with the Manalink project :)
As you have seen, I'm no longer able to give any effort to the community because my job prevents me from planning my spare time: I've found the time to add the cards from latest 3 patches just today! :(
But not only: my custom My2000 is almost full because I've reached the limit of cards that I can overwrite. Also, due to the unfixed bugs with My2000 software, the only secure way to add cards without mismatching with IDs among the CSV and the MagicCustom.exe is to do it manually (using Excel and Skymagic editor) but it is really time-consuming. If any progress has been achieved by community about this matter, I have missed it.
The other face of the coin is that I have had GREAT fun with all of you and it has been so nice to feel part of a community again, making also new virtual friends as the good Mathusalem; at last playing with the newest cards that I could just dream (because I just don't buy any new card anymore, but also 'cos I am an old geezer, at least under a MtG point of view, used to play with true paper cards in times when the now obsolete Sengir Vampire was considered "good") and also participating to the discussions on the old forum. I really have to thank everybody and especially Jatill for all the good ideas he has ad (including the Custom Version, because I really hate so much the Constructed one, lol! :) But I also want to remember the efforts made by Harry Pitfall, Skymarshal, Fran Avalon and all other great modders who have given their contribute to the cause :)

As in the subject, it is not a "farewell" but rather a goodbye, since I will keep lurking in the forum, mainly looking for card updates: I would really like to have all those approximations fixed... but, most importantly, I would really be happy if in the future you could break the 2000 cards limit. If one day you will be able to, then you should also create a "deck updater" to grant compatibility for decks made in Custom version with the Constructed one: it should update the cards stored in each deck by card's name and not by card's ID... wonder if it ever happen!

Well... wish the best to everybody and keep in touch, also because I have something special to share here on this forum, even if it is very Off-topic. C u!!
0rion79

Re: Thoughts sharing and goodbye (but not farewell)

Postby Bog Wraith » 03 Nov 2010, 23:31

Please don't be a stranger here. You are one of the originals and I am grateful for your enthusiastic participation and all of the work you have given to us over the years.

Most of all, I am grateful for all the help you gave to so many people who love this old game that just wouldn't die. Especially, for helping with newbies who depended on people like you to give them some advice & a helping hand.

I shall miss you as a regular member here. Just make sure you keep us up to date with what & how you are doing and visit us here whenever you can.

Be well my friend! :)
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Return to ManaLink 3.0