It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 14:59

Text Size

Card ID Changer

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Card ID Changer

Postby Dave » 16 Jan 2012, 18:18

yeah, i hope they come with a new post with all the new files soon. It's hard, to keep up with which files to use.
Dave

Postby oito » 17 Jan 2012, 09:18

May I suggest something?

With Mok's db_v1 patch (and, i assume, with db_v2 too), after running the deckbuilder for the first time, it creates a Manalink.ini file. Open it.

Where it says:
Code: Select all
ReadByName=0
replace by:
Code: Select all
ReadByName=1
Now open your decks in deckbuilder: regardless of the card's ids, it will load the correct cards now (because it ignores ids and uses the card's name to look up the correct card). Now you just need to save your deck and the .dck file now contains the correct ids. After doing this for all your decks (doesn't take that much time), you can now go back to ReadByName=0, if you prefer.

There are sometimes some mistakes (when it doesn't find the card by name), but they're usually few and easy to fix (it tells you which).

Just saying... I used that to convert more than 600 decks from the different versions I had, and it seemed to work ok.

Mok's db patch: http://www.slightlymagic.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=56&t=6150
Last edited by oito on 17 Jan 2012, 21:19, edited 1 time in total.
oito

Postby 0rion79 » 17 Jan 2012, 10:36

It may work, but I prefer not to play for now and to wait for next release, so we'll be able to have only one single file and to fix all problems without messing up with game's setting. Also, I wonder if we'll be able to fix special letters. if not, why don't we simply edit the CSV and use "AE" rather than Æ?
0rion79

Postby stassy » 17 Jan 2012, 11:30

I think it was due to the fact that Mok didn't want to mess with his locale settings which were in us english (and thus couldn't show properly special chars)
stassy

Postby Sonic » 17 Jan 2012, 22:12

0rion79 wrote:It may work, but I prefer not to play for now and to wait for next release, so we'll be able to have only one single file and to fix all problems without messing up with game's setting. Also, I wonder if we'll be able to fix special letters. if not, why don't we simply edit the CSV and use "AE" rather than Æ?
I fixed all the characters problems and the long dashes "—" missing from the cards rules text in the xls file Mok adapted for use with the db_v1/2 releases. These are fully working versions with the corrected text, but without Gargaroz's latest src updates.

As far as I'm aware Gargaroz is now working with this xls file and all the corrections will be included in the next release as well.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby 0rion79 » 18 Jan 2012, 07:42

Great! So I'll wait a bit more. Maybe it will be the case to privately message with Gargaroz and include all files and patches and ID changer & stuff in the same thread of the next official patch.
0rion79

Previous

Return to ManaLink 3.0