It is currently 18 Apr 2024, 09:21

Text Size

Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Postby Althuna » 17 Oct 2012, 21:37

Saw another one that really impressed me.

He had some white creatures in play, and he had Glorious Anthem in play which made them 3/3 instead of 2/2. But then I played Meekstone and it stopped them all from attacking me. He then killed my creature so I had nothing to block with, and then he used Disenchant on his own Glorious Anthem so all his creatures could attack me!

Pretty cool for an AI! :)
Althuna

Postby stassy » 02 Nov 2012, 07:18

It's too bad AI is inconsistent because in a tight game he just stormed the hell out me with a combo of 0 mana Kobold + Skullclamp + Glimpse of Nature + Imperial Seal + Tendrils of Agony.

Too bad in the the saved game out of 10 reload the AI doesn't reproduce the combo =/
Attachments
AUTOSAVE.zip
(3.52 KiB) Downloaded 439 times
stassy

Postby stassy » 27 Nov 2012, 04:51

In a token deck mirror, the AI purposely suicide attacked with nearly all of his tokens in order to reduce my Beast of Burden stats, noticed that just after I all blocked/killed them...
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Jan 2013, 17:29

I have 3 creatures on the battlefield and AI none,Stone Giant,Gryff Vanguard,and Soulcage Fiend .It is AI turn and plays Act Of Treason I suspect for Stone Giant or Gryff Vanguard AI takes Gryff Vanguard and then plays Prey Upon targeting Soulcage Fiend and so killing them both!
Attachments
ai-act of treson-prey upon.zip
Enjoy
(2.84 KiB) Downloaded 469 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby RanDomino » 07 Jan 2013, 05:01

I have a stock Charbelcher deck that the AI seems to be able to fire off on turn 2 pretty consistently. Apparently it's smart enough to count to seven!

Althuna wrote:He had some white creatures in play, and he had Glorious Anthem in play which made them 3/3 instead of 2/2. But then I played Meekstone and it stopped them all from attacking me. He then killed my creature so I had nothing to block with, and then he used Disenchant on his own Glorious Anthem so all his creatures could attack me!
wait... why not disenchant the meekstone?
RanDomino

Postby Althuna » 07 Jan 2013, 16:00

Good point! Can't remember now though. It may be that rather than disenchant it was some other anti-enchantment spell but couldn't hit artifacts.
Althuna

Postby stassy » 25 Apr 2013, 12:35

AI bolting his own Deep-Slumber Titan to untap them and triple bolting mine for the kill, nice one :D
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 14 May 2013, 14:27

AI surprised me in this game.I have 3 creatures and AI none and I see AI cast Divine Favor and I think sheet another foolish AI play boosting a creature I have but AI (exploiting Manalink engine limitations-codes) targets my Gladecover Scout so Divine Favor goes to graveyard since it can't enchant the hexproof creature and AI gains the 3 life points without the disadvantage of boosting one of my creatures. 8)
(AI has a better card to play with it's 2 lands but there is AI-card-limitation-code on Pacifism)
Attachments
ai gain 3 gladecover scout.rar
(1.88 KiB) Downloaded 503 times
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Gargaroz » 16 May 2013, 01:34

Well, that's bug, as AI shouldn't gain any life as Divine Favor never entered in play, so I fixed Divine Favor ;)
----
- Current / medium term task: adjusting the code for making Misdirection and such usable
- Long term task: inserting all the good stuff I left out from the "Golden Years" mod
Gargaroz
Programmer

Postby stassy » 17 May 2013, 04:47

We already knew the AI don't like to lose, and this is another proof :

I have a Mossbridge Troll in play, AI cast Reaper King and Scarscale Ritual on it to draw 2 cards. My life is at 11 and AI at 7.

Then I cast Godhead of Awe for the kill and what do you think AI did?...cast Fate Transfer from the Reaper King to the Mossbridge Troll :

>>>Godhead of Awe make all creatures 1/1
>>>Mossbridge Troll can't be destroyed and has autoregen but it's not indestructible status
>>>-1/-1 counter on Mossbridge Troll

| Open

And of course this result in a sudden death crash no-window error style :mrgreen:

stassy

Postby triol » 17 May 2013, 06:11

I was bluffed by AI during my last Duel!

It had a Sprouting Thrinax in play, tapped because it attacked me. I put Meekstone in play so that I'm proud of my great gameplay, thinking I was protected for a while!

But then, AI casts Terminate on his Sprouting Thrinax in order to put 3 1/1 in play that are not affected by my Meekstone! Clever play!
triol

Postby triol » 18 May 2013, 18:36

Another "great" play by AI :

I cast Ixidor, Reality Sculptor
Then AI casts Paralyze on it, sacrifice his Ashnod's Transmogrant to turn Ixidor into an artifact creature and then casts a Warp Artifact on Ixidor, Reality Sculptor !
triol

Postby Aquillion » 21 May 2013, 00:54

I'm not sure if it was intentional or not, but I've seen the AI cast a Bad Moon while they had no creatures out... and I had a Meekstone and several copies of Nantuko Shade, which meant that his Bad Moon made them big enough to keep them from untapping.

The AI is also smart enough to use tap effects on my City of Brass in order to damage me, which I thought was neat. Many players would've overlooked that.
Aquillion

Postby Aquillion » 21 May 2013, 00:59

stassy wrote:We already knew the AI don't like to lose, and this is another proof :

I have a Mossbridge Troll in play, AI cast Reaper King and Scarscale Ritual on it to draw 2 cards. My life is at 11 and AI at 7.

Then I cast Godhead of Awe for the kill and what do you think AI did?...cast Fate Transfer from the Reaper King to the Mossbridge Troll :

>>>Godhead of Awe make all creatures 1/1
>>>Mossbridge Troll can't be destroyed and has autoregen but it's not indestructible status
>>>-1/-1 counter on Mossbridge Troll

| Open

And of course this result in a sudden death crash no-window error style :mrgreen:

Technically, isn't this a bug? IIRC under modern rules a creature reduced to 0 toughness by minus-toughness effects isn't destroyed -- it's placed directly into the graveyard as a state-based effect and never gets a chance to regenerate.

Or is this a known issue that Manalink can't be made to handle?

(Well, I suppose any crash is obviously a bug; I was just curious.)
Aquillion

Postby stassy » 21 May 2013, 03:43

Yes, ML3 is still under 6th rules so that is why we have some funny unfixable issues like negative life and some game crashing combo (Exquisite Blood + Sanguine Bond for example)
stassy

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0