It is currently 16 Apr 2024, 10:36

Text Size

Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Postby Aswan jaguar » 15 Jan 2012, 19:27

I had Nyxathid in play and no other creature to attack I saw AI(hand,a test game) keep couple of artefacts and say AI is stupidly stalling his game.Only when my Nyxathid became 1/1 I suspected AI did it on purpose next turn I lost Nyxathid and AI played 3 cards at once!
---
Trying to squash some bugs and playtesting.
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Re: Great AI plays or unexpected nice plays

Postby sanguinebrah » 16 Jan 2012, 21:13

There was one time on the old unmodified Manalink game...

I was playing this Mana Flare deck where I would build up tons of mana and then mill my opponent with multiple Wheel of Fortune and Braingeyser. It got to the critical turn where we both had <20 cards in our libraries and I tapped out for a 23 card Braingeyser targetting the AI. The AI cast a Fork, copying Braingeyser and targetting me in response. The copy resolves first and I mill out with a lethal spell still on the stack.
sanguinebrah

Postby Aswan jaguar » 19 Jan 2012, 11:24

AI had Razorfin Hunter untapped and 2 Goblin Sharpshooter tapped while I am at 2 life,AI uses Razorfin Hunter to kill Razorfin Hunter and me not paying proper attention I am thinking AI messed up again but in a second I see the 2 Goblin Sharpshooter becoming untapped and I go oh no.... #-o
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby stassy » 27 Jan 2012, 13:23

Enduring Hidden Opal deck in Mirror, I have Hidden Guerrillas in play and 2 Tethered Griffin pouncing the AI.

His answer? Oblivion Ring the Hidden Guerrilla, thus sending also both Tethered Griffin to oblivion :D
stassy

Postby Althuna » 27 Feb 2012, 00:41

I have seen lots of things that really impressed me, so many I forgot them all. But I'm trying to make note of them now :P

Just now he had a Liliana planeswalker in play which he used to make me discard. I played some creatures. Then he used Naturalize on his own planeswalker so that he could play the other Liliana in his hand (the one which casts Diabolic Edict). Then he used that to kill my creatures :P
Althuna

Postby stassy » 18 Apr 2012, 11:17

AI used Cackling Witch ability to target my Skulking Fugitive thus burying it, brillant :D
stassy

Postby Althuna » 25 May 2012, 07:30

I just used Swords to Plowshares on a Killer Bees and he pumped the bees with every single land he had :)
Althuna

Postby SoMa » 25 May 2012, 08:17

Althuna wrote:I have seen lots of things that really impressed me, so many I forgot them all. But I'm trying to make note of them now :P

Just now he had a Liliana planeswalker in play which he used to make me discard. I played some creatures. Then he used Naturalize on his own planeswalker so that he could play the other Liliana in his hand (the one which casts Diabolic Edict). Then he used that to kill my creatures :P
He cast Naturalize on a Planeswalker? Am I missing something or did you mean something else, because how would that kill a planeswalker?
SoMa

Postby stassy » 25 May 2012, 10:09

It's currently a limitation of the game engine, Planeswalkers are currently considered as global enchantment thus are vulnerable to any spell affecting them.
stassy

Postby Althuna » 26 May 2012, 04:23

Yup. You can still kill them in the normal ways too, like attacking them with creatures or nuking them, or removing their tokens with a Vampire Hexmage or something, and killing it with a spell that destroys a permanent. But when the game was made there were only creatures/artifacts/enchantments/spells/lands etc. There was no "planeswalker" category so to get planeswalkers in the game they had to be made as enchantments.

It's a bit of a shame but at least we get to play with planeswalkers anyway! And also the AI rarely seems to attack it with enchantment killing spells. I think they must see it as a low priority enchantment or something. But occasionally it will use a naturalize or disenchant or whatever, if it deems the planeswalker a nuisance!
Althuna

Postby stassy » 02 Jun 2012, 08:27

I was about to post a report of AI not using Hermit Druid ability when he did use it to empty his library and buff up Lord of Extinction for a win kill swing, really clever move :D
stassy

Postby Aswan jaguar » 04 Jun 2012, 18:55

I don't know if it happened to any of you but AI for 1 life didn't win me in his first turn!!!!+2nd mine :shock: He could have won me in his 1nd turn but I believe AI has a (mercy mode)=don't win in the 1st turn mode.AI did win in his 2nd turn though!!!
With an illegal deck of course but illegal cards restricted to 1.
Enjoy the savegame:
Attachments
AI's fury.zip
(2.25 KiB) Downloaded 693 times
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby Aswan jaguar » 10 Jun 2012, 15:59

AI repeatedly returned his 2 Batterskull to his hand Before my Vulshok Battlemaster enter the battlefield.
---
Aswan jaguar
Super Tester Elite

Postby gabeiq » 20 Jun 2012, 01:19

I SWEAR, computer just tendrill me out 20 life in one turn, maybe a coincidence of cards he drew in a particular order.... featuring a infernal contract, rituals, manamorphoses, moxes and windfalls... using the deck i made to beat the perfec storm challenge!!

I have to came here and tell you guys, I remembered about the topic in the right moment it happened!
gabeiq

Postby Althuna » 03 Jul 2012, 01:20

Here's another nice one. I had a creature and I was about to attack and kill the opponent, but he had a flying creature which would block. So I used Consuming Vapors to kill it, but just as I cast, the AI activated Mishra's Factory to make it in to a creature and used to be sacrificed, so he saved the flying creature.
Althuna

Next

Return to ManaLink 3.0