It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 11:10

Text Size

Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.5

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser

Postby stassy » 14 Apr 2012, 10:13

Oh, just noticed an error with Just Basic, PDA won't run on a non English unicode regional settings like Japanese

| Open
Error log timestamp Saturday 14/04/12 14:07:36

Runtime error: index: 0 is outside of collection bounds

Error(Exception)>>defaultAction
Error(Exception)>>activateHandler: <anUndefinedObject>
Error(Exception)>>handle
Error(Exception)>>signal
Error class(Exception class)>>signal: <'index: 0 is outside ...'>
OrderedCollection(Object)>>error: <'index: 0 is outside ...'>
OrderedCollection(IndexedCollection)>>errorInBounds: <0>
OrderedCollection>>at: <0> put: <0>
BasicVariableManager>>assignByName: <'S・Ca‥CSVInde・,,'> toBe: <0.0>
BasicFnDef>>readVariablesFromStream: <aMixedFileStream>
BasicFnDef class>>fromStream: <aMixedFileStream>
BasicRunProgram>>readFnDefsFromStream: <aMixedFileStream>
BasicOnDemandCompiler class>>readTknFile: <aMixedFileStream> callingProgram: <anUndefinedObject> commandLine: <''>
Basic class>>start
Message>>perform
NotificationManager>>empty
NotificationManager>>runPendingEvents
NotificationManager>>runEventLoop
Message>>perform
Message>>evaluate
Process>>safelyEvaluate: <aMessage>
Process>>evaluate: <aMessage>

Thread to the issue :
http://justbasic.conforums.com/index.cg ... y&start=30

I got scared I couldn't run PDA anymore, but I forgot I switched to Japanese locale in order to play a new game that I couldn't miss :mrgreen:
stassy

Postby Shantak » 15 Apr 2012, 07:42

CirothUngol wrote:@ Shantak
That looks like a Win7 protection issue. Try running the PDAnalyser with Administrative rights, or from a drive that isn't the drive shared by Win7. All that protection stuff gives me the willies.
It was the DEP settings. I'm not even sure why I had them turned on - I guess that was due to Manalink's crashes or something. Anyway, with DEP turned off, PDA works.
Shantak

Postby CirothUngol » 09 May 2012, 03:46

I've updated the PDAnalyser to v0.3, check it out here.

@Stassy
Thanx for the heads-up on the Non-English Unicode issue, and the link to the relevent topic (I love the JB forums). PDAnalyser v0.3 is now automatically converted to BBC BASIC for Windows via the LibertyBASIC Booster; please try it again and see if you still have the same issue.

@Shantak
Good to know you got that issue corrected, and thanx for sharing so that others can avoid the same problem.

Up next for the PDAnalyser is a complete re-write of the Banned\Restricted\Substitute List function. It is currently intrinsically linked to the main PlayDeck Rebuild function, so seperating it requires re-doing part of that. This should allow the use of a more intuitive method (like CardQty;OldCardName;NewCardName in a TextFile), and would negate the need for an Import NetDeck replacement-card list or an external CardName correction database.

Please let me know if anyone runs into problems with the new release.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 09 May 2012, 07:12

Damn! too late: wished to give you a hint for one more option... maybe for V.4!
It is this: a single card replacement.
There should be a field where to write the name of a single card, the program searches for all decks holding that card and then replaces it with another card chosen by the player. It would be great to update all decks at once, whenever more powerful version of older cards are released :)
0rion79

Postby CirothUngol » 09 May 2012, 12:48

...you mean like a Substitute Card List? The PDAnalyser has always done this; it's just messy, difficult and unintuitive. Check out "How to use Deck Lists" in the ReadMe and the two examples in the .\PlayDeckAnalyser\Lists\ folder (they will be created when you select a "List" checkbox on the app.) The first exchanges all Moxes for Basic Land, and the second exchanges one Basic Land for each Mox.

As mentioned above, the major goal for v0.4 is to re-write this function so it does more and is easier to use.
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 09 May 2012, 14:43

No, I think something more cutomizable.
Eg: I want to update all my decks with Drain Life, replacing it with Consume Spirit. I want a field where to insert the name of the card to be located (drain life) and another one for the name of the card to be used as replacement (consume spirit). The program has to search for the decks containing drain life and automatically replace it with consume spirit.
0rion79

Postby CirothUngol » 10 May 2012, 01:32

Sure, it'll do that. Start PDAnalyser, check "Use Substitute Card Lists", delete all other Substitute.dck files from the .\Lists\ folder, extract and drop in the file below, then scan your PlayDecks. The ability has always been there, it's just neither simple nor convenient to use... I hope to change that. I like the idea of having a DialogBox for a quick one-off substitution, I'm sure that would work by generating a temporary SubList. Perhaps even build a DialogBox to create and manage such lists.

If you look in the file, you'll notice that the CardID is used to identify the new card, and the CardName is used to identify the old card. I plan on changing this to a plain TextFile with easy to read \ write lines like "Qty;OldCardName;NewCardName" (e.g. "4;Drain Life;Consume Spirit"). This same function will also provide Banned\Restricted Lists; an external CardName correction database; an automatic replacement list for the Import NetDeck Dialog; the ability to search PlayDeck Content (i.e. CardID, Qty, and CardName) in addition to the Header; as well as the one-off substitution you've suggested and perhaps more.

I'm also still considering the recursive PlayDeck search you mentioned earlier. Without altering the app a great deal, the choice comes down to either processing the PlayDecks in place or creating the necessary subfolders inside each subfolder. Maybe I'll put in a switch and allow the user to choose.

Thanx for the post. If you'd like to substitute other cards, just add the NewCardID and OldCardName to the SubList.
Attachments
Substitute-Black.zip
Sample SubList for Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.3
(266 Bytes) Downloaded 396 times
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby 0rion79 » 18 May 2012, 15:04

Yes, I have tried it and it worked but it is very uncomfortable and the risk to make mistakes is high. Still, better than nothing.
0rion79

Postby stassy » 28 May 2012, 16:10

Just wondering after Avacyn update with the current version 0.3, does it automatically catch the latest dat/csv or do you need to relocate the new data file?

Edit: Nevermind, you have to do it every update, forgot about it.

Also, just to note that PDA also take into account flipped card while it should not (from tappedout website)

Code: Select all
;Blood of The Damned
;NetDeck
;PlayDeck Analyser v0.3
;PlayDeckAnalyser@slightlymagic.net
;mai 29, 2012
;1
;4th Edition
;This PlayDeck was imported from NetDeck by PlayDeck Analyser v0.3

.0      2   Bloodline Keeper  Flip
.12316  4   Blood Artist
.9926   2   Bone Splinters
.11451  3   Go for the Throat
.12407  2   Killing Wave
.12076  4   Skirsdag High Priest
.12318  2   Bonfire of the Damned
.11893  2   Brimstone Volley
.12322  2   Burn at the Stake
.12412  3   Lightning Mauler
.12091  4   Stromkirk Noble
.12485  3   Thatcher Revolt
.12176  4   Falkenrath Aristocrat
.11209  4   Blackcleave Cliffs
.12328  2   Cavern of Souls
.10409  4   Dragonskull Summit
.164    6   Mountain
.239    7   Swamp
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 31 May 2012, 06:11

If you place the .\PlayDeckAnalyser\ folder inside your Magic program folder, it should do just that. The app first checks for a file named "Cards.dat" in the folder directly above it. If found, it loads that first. Otherwise, it will try and load the last-loaded Manalink.csv. Keep it in you Magic folder and it should always catch the newest update after you install the patch.

...it looks as if the word "Flip" is appended to the CardName. If NetSites are adding the word to the end I can always install a check for it. Remove "Flip" and it should find it.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 31 May 2012, 09:50

I was surprised at first when I started converting a deck and didn't get any error without changing the dat file at Avacyn update, that is why I wondered how it could self update

But from your statement I know why I got no error since my PDA was installed in the Magic root folder, it's a really nice feature.

Not sure if it's really needed since this word Filp can be easily deleted from the copypaste, but it would be nice to be integrated into the PDA.
stassy

Postby stassy » 16 Jul 2012, 06:54

Found another little thingie while mass updating.

You can create a deck without the ingame Deck Editor and it will be readable, useable in Duel and so while bypassing some restriction (eg. deck name length restriction which is 27 char max) with a text editor.

However, when updating with PDA, the name will be truncated to 27 char and the file content will be missing some original content, as if it was cut in 2 too.

Attached to this post is the incriminated deck before Avacyn v2 conversion

Edit: Hum I get an invalid deck format now on 0.3, which I didn't when it was converted under 0.2.
Attachments
Tempered Steel Japan Nationals 2011 Winner.zip
(469 Bytes) Downloaded 381 times
stassy

Postby CirothUngol » 16 Jul 2012, 16:57

I've just tried the file you posted, and other than truncating the Name of the PlayDeck to 28 characters, it seems to update that .DCK file just fine. Are there other decks in the folder with similar names... perhaps starting with the same 28 characters? (that'd pose a problem) I originally set the Headers to be truncated to the standard length set by DeckBuilder, but I probably need to make it selectable.
PDAnalyser will also stop processing a PlayDeck when it reaches a blank line in the contents... are there any blank lines seperating the PlayDeck contents (other than the one btween the Header and the Contents, as that one's required)? I can't think of another reason it would cut the contents of the PlayDeck on your end.

Oddly enough, I was just about to upload a v0.3a with a few small fixes I've done over the last couple of months. I'll try to set the maximum size of the Header Lines as selectable in the .INI file, so that users can chose to select (or ignore) those maximums.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby stassy » 16 Jul 2012, 17:33

Well, it's no longer an issue since it was a 0.2 conversion and as I didn't play this deck after I just noticed it now...but now with 0.3 the conversion correctly stop before acting (though indeed it would be nice to put a stop and ask for truncation or either give an error that the filename is incorrect, in 0.3 you only get invalid deck without knowing what is wrong).

Also a minimal error but I really don't know if it worth it to report, if using an eastern language unicode in win7 PDA will crash while attempting to convert special char deck such as Aether and such (prolly the OS fault on encoding so don't know if fixable).
stassy

Re: Manalink PlayDeck Analyser v0.3a

Postby CirothUngol » 17 Jul 2012, 06:40

I've posted v0.3a on the 1st post of this thread. Just a few small fixes:

*Verify CardImages now assumes a minimum of 1 image for all Coded Cards
*Fixed the import of newest Manalink.csv (removes empty quotes)
*Removes the word "Flip" from the end of CardNames
*Added "Find CardName" to "Search PlayDeck" DialogBox
*MaxLength of each HeaderLine is now selectable in the .INI (set to 0 if you want to skip all checks for that line)
*A few other minor bug-fixes that I've ran into while using it.
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
CirothUngol
Programmer

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0