It is currently 22 May 2024, 01:10

Text Size

Basic Lands Art - Download - Update - 22-Oct - 2012

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Basic Lands Art - Download - Update - 22-Oct - 2012

Postby ozks » 08 Oct 2012, 02:00

Hi everyone...
I create images for the basic lands and i wanna share with you guys
includes the lands of "return to Ravnica"
to install copy all images to folder "CardArtManalink" and overwrite
this pack contains 410 images, counting old ones
How much lands:
Forest (72)
Island (84)
Mountain (86)
Plains (86)
Swamp (82)

Ain't gonna do preview for this, i think is not necessary. (please dont ask for preview, you can download and see it yourself)

How Install:
Unzip the file and... (read down)

Download

New Update: only accept 23 basic lands artwork for each land, so choose you 23 images and rename

Tip for rename easily: Choose all artwork you want, keep holding Ctrl while select the 23 cards and then copy to a new folder. select all cards Ctrl+E and press "F2" and rename for example to Forest and press enter (only let you rename one card. and looks like you computer stops, dont worry. take a moment)
after rename move all images to the folder CardArtManalink and overwrite

Mediafire
http://www.mediafire.com/?is1w0vyymcbpvun

4shared
http://www.4shared.com/zip/MkX-Lwld/CardArtManalink_Lands.html

And not forget comment!
Last edited by ozks on 03 Nov 2012, 06:37, edited 5 times in total.
ozks

Re: Basic Lands Art - Download [10 MB]

Postby TwisteD » 08 Oct 2012, 15:53

Very nice addition of land art. I was thinking about searching myself for some nice land artwork to increase variety, but with this package i dont have to, its already here ready to choose from, whatever i like. Thank you :) .
TwisteD

Re: Basic Lands Art - Download [10 MB]

Postby Althuna » 21 Oct 2012, 09:16

Althuna

Re: Basic Lands Art - Download - Update - 22-Oct - 2012

Postby decker » 27 Oct 2012, 09:51

Thanks ozks
decker

Postby Sonic » 02 Nov 2012, 17:39

I thought I better give you guys a heads up. The game currently only recognises and displays 23 basic land artwork images. So the current maximum bracketed image number is (22) for each land basic type - all artwork numbered above 22 will be ignored.

So the best thing to do would be pick the 23 images you like and renumber them, as copying all this extra artwork into your CardArt folder is just a waste of HD space.
Working On: Life, the Universe, and Everything.
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby ozks » 03 Nov 2012, 00:26

Sonic wrote:I thought I better give you guys a heads up. The game currently only recognises and displays 23 basic land artwork images. So the current maximum bracketed image number is (22) for each land basic type - all artwork numbered above 22 will be ignored.

So the best thing to do would be pick the 23 images you like and renumber them, as copying all this extra artwork into your CardArt folder is just a waste of HD space.
really! is a shame. I thought the game could handle 200 different art-cards for each card
according to. dll made by mok and what stassy told me #-o
ozks

Postby Sonic » 03 Nov 2012, 03:02

ozks wrote:really! is a shame. I thought the game could handle 200 different art-cards for each card
according to. dll made by mok and what stassy told me #-o
That maybe the case, but as it stands the 'Num Pic' column in the manalink.xls is currently set at 23 to match the number of current number of basic land artwork files in the base CardArtManalink folder.

The reason being, the exact number of images for a card has to be set up in the manalink.xls, otherwise any extra artwork in the CardArtManalink folder doesn't get displayed, or the in-game cards display blanks if any is missing.

So it's not just a case of adding artwork and the game automatically finds and installs them - the game files have to be edited and recompiled when you want to add any new images.

The second problem being - does everyone who downloads the game want 410 images just for the basic land cards? This is the equivalent of two expansions worth of artwork just for 5 cards and takes up quite a bit of HD space if you're playing on a laptop or an older PC with a smaller HD. And as we're adding 400-500+ new images every month or so (595 this month) - we may find not everyone's happy to have all these images added just for the basic lands.

I think the best solution would be if I bumped the number of images available to the basic land cards to 25 each after the next Ravnica patch release (it's in its final testing stage so I can't add new artwork numbers now), and then you could offer a selection of archives with 25 selected basic land artwork from any blocks or sets you fancy.

How's that sound?
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby ozks » 03 Nov 2012, 06:21

Sonic wrote:The second problem being - does everyone who downloads the game want 410 images just for the basic land cards? This is the equivalent of two expansions worth of artwork just for 5 cards and takes up quite a bit of HD space if you're playing on a laptop or an older PC with a smaller HD. And as we're adding 400-500+ new images every month or so (595 this month) - we may find not everyone's happy to have all these images added just for the basic lands.

I think the best solution would be if I bumped the number of images available to the basic land cards to 25 each after the next Ravnica patch release (it's in its final testing stage so I can't add new artwork numbers now), and then you could offer a selection of archives with 25 selected basic land artwork from any blocks or sets you fancy.

How's that sound?
That would be great, I'd appreciate it ...
and yes, of course could make several sets of each basic land to choose the one you like most to each person. with preview

and await for the patch...

release the kraken...
I mean ... the patch... :lol:
ozks

Postby CirothUngol » 04 Nov 2012, 06:04

Nice job on all the extra BasicLand images, what fun!

I'm doing some work on the Manalink Mods, and decided to make a BasicLand Randomizer using your images to include with the next Full Install. Just copy the executable anywhere above the Manalink folder and click it. It'll locate the Manalink folder (by finding the last instance of "Magic.exe") and use this card pool to randomly replace "BasicLand (1).jpg" thru "BasicLand (24).jpg" for a total of 120 images. It doesn't replace or duplicate the first CardImage.
So far, it seems to operate admirably.

If it can't find "Magic.exe", then it'll create a ".\Program\" folder and copy files there. You can use the "ef" or "extractfiles" commandline switch to extract the source files to the current folder, if you care to see them. Go to the link in my signature and look in "\Manalink 3.0\Mods\" to check it out. Please let me know if there are any issues.

...does everyone who downloads the game want 410 images just for the basic land cards?
Sure I do, but I also might have more HardDrive space than I do good sense. ^_^
In reality, we're probably talkin' 10-15 MiB of space for the extra files... but I agree, it's overkill. So, I've built this Randomizer in anticipation of the newest .XLS, but it'll work now (you just won't see the last few images).
"I thought the day had brought enough horrors for our ragged band, but the night was far worse."
-Lucilde Fiksdotter

Shandalar 2012 Revisited
Magic: The Gathering Abandonware
CirothUngol
Programmer

Postby ozks » 04 Nov 2012, 17:17

Thanks cirothungol
ozks

Postby Sonic » 06 Jan 2013, 16:23

The Jan update includes the revised 'Num Pics' values for the basic land cards. So the number images available to the basic lands is now 25, as previously discussed.

This now means the game will now recognise and display the basic land cards numbered (23) and (24) when renumbered by CirothUngol's BasicLand Randomizer.

Have fun. :)
Sonic
Apprentice

Postby ozks » 07 Jan 2013, 23:45

thanks sonic!
ozks

Return to ManaLink 3.0