It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 16:29

Text Size

How to add new cards? Ex: Jungle Barrier

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

How to add new cards? Ex: Jungle Barrier

Postby bigapple90 » 10 Nov 2012, 22:55

Hi, I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to coding and adding a card so it can be used in the deck/duel. I was really happy to see that the 2000 card limit had been expanded and I wanted to add some easy cards for my own recreation.

The coding isn't the issue, I just don't know where or what I need to do in order to add a simple card like Jungle Barrier for example. I see that the ML3.0 has Wall of Blossoms which is similar but I don't even know where to find the code for that card. (I've read things about the excel files and stuff but nothing very direct)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.
bigapple90

Re: How to add new cards? Ex: Jungle Barrier

Postby stassy » 11 Nov 2012, 05:24

The issue is that the wiki about installing card is partially obsolete, you will have to PM dev like Gargaroz in order to integrate your code in the next patch
stassy

Postby RanDomino » 08 Dec 2012, 05:42

What if someone doesn't want to get a card in the patch, but just wants to work on their own stuff? I feel like I could make some of the simpler cards (maybe not planeswalkers...) if I knew what was where.
RanDomino

Postby decker » 08 Dec 2012, 09:07

Hi,
I managed to code cards, for my personal use, using the wikis, but I was a bit lost because parts of the information in them is out of date. For me there are a few major steps you must complete before cards work :

1) Have a Manalink version with manalink_updater & src folders
-> If you just want to make vanilla cards, this is probably enough as by updating the Manalink.csv and ct_all.csv and recompiling, you should have your card available (remember adding a picture at right size too, if this doesn't work maybe need to do the address part described bellow).

2) Have a working Camelbox + card functions/manalink compiling tools
-> If you want to make a card with unique abilities, need also to create a c function, that represents the effect, needs compiling too.

!!! There is also one step that I have a hard time understanding which gives you the cards 'address' that you need to put in ct_all.csv

Things that are said in the wikis you can ignore :
-Anything about skymagic (use notepad to edit .csv instead)
-Anything about assembler/.exe direct editing (the current tools, enable you to work in .csv and .c files)

Note that I think that some card's abilities are from the original game and are not available in .c as examples, so look at newer cards to have .c examples.
Note that some cards are tagged as uncodes in ct_all, but are in fact coded in .c, so use a search function before you try coding a card in .c

PS - This may be a bit incorrect, I just hope it helps you read the wikis...
decker

Return to ManaLink 3.0