It is currently 28 Apr 2024, 22:06

Text Size

Top Ten Wishlist

Continuing Development of MicroProse's Magic: The Gathering!

Moderators: BAgate, drool66, Aswan jaguar, gmzombie, stassy, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Top Ten Wishlist

Postby Bog Wraith » 31 Mar 2009, 19:32

jatill wrote:
Bog Wraith wrote:Jatill,

Could you do the same for two other lands in particular that were not on your difficulty assessment chart:

Lake of the Dead

Thawing Glaciers

Both easy, I think. AI would never use Lake's second ability, though.
The AI doesn't play any of the new bounce back land abilities now at all! In fact, it's becoming a real problem in Sealed Deck Play! Many times, the AI will keep trying to play one like Azorius Chancery or Boros Garrison, etc... even before it has played a basic land so it keeps bouncing itself right back into it's hand. I've seen many times when the AI will keep doing this, stuck in a loop, while discarding down to 7 cards at the end of it's turn by discarding a basic land!? :roll:

I was going to post about this or even send a PM to bring this to your attention as this creates easy wins vs AI opponents, which is easy enough at times with some of the other head scratchers we've all come to know over the years due to the AI's ineptness, and it is ruining Sealed Deck games whenever this happens, which is becoming quite often! :x

IMHO, they need to be removed or disabled. We have a a lot of great lands in the game, and I'd like to see the other 2 I've mentioned added in, but if they would cause a similar problem, I'd ask to have them removed as well.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby jatill » 31 Mar 2009, 19:44

They should probably be remove from Sealed for now, as you mention. I'll brainstorm some ways to fix them, in the mean time.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby Bog Wraith » 31 Mar 2009, 20:06

Yes, this needs to be addressed and soon!
Besides Shandalar, Sealed has always been my favorite way to play this game.

Thanks for looking into this.
'Twas in the bogs of Cannelbrae
My mate did meet an early grave
'Twas nothing left for us to save
In the peat-filled bogs of Cannelbrae.
Bog Wraith
Global Mod 1 (Ret)

Postby xXxBretWeedxXx » 31 Mar 2009, 20:06

Bog Wraith wrote:
jatill wrote:
Bog Wraith wrote:Jatill,

Could you do the same for two other lands in particular that were not on your difficulty assessment chart:

Lake of the Dead

Thawing Glaciers

Both easy, I think. AI would never use Lake's second ability, though.
The AI doesn't play any of the new bounce back land abilities now at all! In fact, it's becoming a real problem in Sealed Deck Play! Many times, the AI will keep trying to play one like Azorius Chancery or Boros Garrison, etc... even before it has played a basic land so it keeps bouncing itself right back into it's hand. I've seen many times when the AI will keep doing this, stuck in a loop, while discarding down to 7 cards at the end of it's turn by discarding a basic land!? :roll:

I was going to post about this or even send a PM to bring this to your attention as this creates easy wins vs AI opponents, which is easy enough at times with some of the other head scratchers we've all come to know over the years due to the AI's ineptness, and it is ruining Sealed Deck games whenever this happens, which is becoming quite often! :x

IMHO, they need to be removed or disabled. We have a a lot of great lands in the game, and I'd like to see the other 2 I've mentioned added in, but if they would cause a similar problem, I'd ask to have them removed as well.
They won't even play lands with bouncelands in hand sometimes. The AI played Maze of Ith, had a bounce land and two forests in hand and waited 3 turns before playing any lands, discarding first, then eventually playing bounce lands bouncing themselves.
xXxBretWeedxXx

Postby aww1979 » 02 Apr 2009, 21:38

The AI usually sits on City of Brass, too, and will discard until it discards all its Cities, and then start playing land normally. Since I put 4 Cities in a lot of my duel decks, this is annoying, but it's also a microprose problem, and probably has the same root cause as the bouncelands being used stupidly. AI uses fetchlands just fine, though, but when using land destruction, will usually target a land it 'knows' from microprose, rather than a smarter choice like Crumbling Necropolis, and will hit an Underground Sea instead, for example. It also loves to spare my Library of Alexandria, for some reason, and will sit on land destruction even if it's your only land left in play.

Is there a way to mark cards as more 'threatening' than another card? I'm thinking more along the lines of chess where the AI there usually has pawn=1, knight=bishop=3, rook=5, queen=9, but you can customize it in some engines to help you if you're a noob. (like queen=1 so it gives away the queen for a pawn right away) Thus, in the chess example, the AI would trade a queen for two of your rooks, but not for two bishops, for instance. A Crumbling Necropolis would have a higher 'threat' than an Underground Sea, which would have a higher threat than an Island. The same could apply to creatures in play, although the AI usually (not always) hits the best one with removal. It has significant problems deciding if/when to hit artifacts and enchantments, though, and often makes a stupid choice.
aww1979
Tester

Postby jatill » 02 Apr 2009, 21:41

aww1979 wrote:Is there a way to mark cards as more 'threatening' than another card?
There is a property for each card called 'AI Base Value', but I'm really not sure how the AI uses it. I know the values are not set very well, though.
jatill
DEVELOPER

Postby MalkolmX » 03 Apr 2009, 15:07

MalkolmX

Postby mathusalem » 04 Apr 2009, 07:52

Ok, because of the 2000 card limit and the fact, Jatill that you have decided to take a pause shortly until this limit is broken. I add here a few suggestions not exactly my top ten, but still :) (you already know my top ten)
since you've done Exploration, have you thought about Horn of greed ? both are very complementary.

and as in the other thread
Mystic snake
Angel of desolation (if you can think of a way to implement Kicker)

that's all !
mathusalem

Postby Wally » 04 Apr 2009, 09:23

I didnt realise how close we were to the limit.

There are many, many cards I'd like to see but if I had to choose just 10 cards that would most add to the game it would be:

(not in order)
1. Rishadan port
2. Yawgmoth's Will
3. Oath of Druids
4. Trinisphere
5. Mana Drain
6. Stifle
7. Fireblast
8. Tendrils of Agony
9. Goblin Lackey
10. Orim's Chant

The cards I personally most want to see though are (yes I'm nostalgic :) )
1. Serrated Arrows
2. Gorilla Shaman
3. Thawing Glaciers
4. Aeolipile
5. Ivory Gargoyle
6. Jester's Cap
7. Mana Drain
8. Lodestone Bauble
9. Elvish Spirit Guide
10. Quicksand
and Thallids! Yes seriously!
Wally

Postby IfhBiff » 11 Apr 2009, 03:55

Greetings, I'm new here and have no right to request anything
:oops: :oops: :oops:
But here's my 2 pennies:

Priest Of Titania
Oath of Druids
Eureka
Rishadan Port
Mana Drain
Wild Mongrel
Tangle Wire
Alluren (sp?)
Multani's Acolyte

I don't think I saw any of this in the cards db, but like i said i just dl'd this today, I could be wrong.
IfhBiff

Postby monopoman » 11 Apr 2009, 04:42

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/attachme ... 1239416157

Here would be an easy cool card to add kind of Akroma's boyfriend or something.
monopoman

Postby :o) » 11 Apr 2009, 05:02

I wish the following cards to be included in next release:
- Goblin Bombardment
- Coffin Queen
- Corpse Dance
- Pendrell Mists
- Propaganda
:o)

Postby kcua_626 » 11 Apr 2009, 08:09

I only want two :)
Hammer of Bogardan and Crimson Hellkite :)

Kevin
kcua_626

Postby FranAvalon » 19 Apr 2009, 17:19

My wish list is only two cards. I don't know if that will be possible.

1) Living plane: I love this card. i would like my old deck which gave me the 6th position on a +600 players tournament. All cards are already on ML.
2) Goblin Welder. This goblin is so lovey :mrgreen:

Thanks for all your efforts.

best wishes

Fran
FranAvalon
Programmer

Postby jatill » 19 Apr 2009, 20:17

FranAvalon wrote:My wish list is only two cards. I don't know if that will be possible.

1) Living plane: I love this card. i would like my old deck which gave me the 6th position on a +600 players tournament. All cards are already on ML.

Fran
This has been on my mind since I first started modding. Somehow I just never get to it. What's the deck list?
jatill
DEVELOPER

PreviousNext

Return to ManaLink 3.0