It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 17:33

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby bladefallcon » 30 Dec 2012, 02:49

Ok, not really sure where else to put this, but just an observation about the AI and something that needs to be looked at. I pt together an Infect deck, and noticed that the AI will willingly do things that are killing it, even to the last dieing breath. Example, Relic Putresence enchants an artifact. Wheneve that artifact is tapped, it's controler gets a poison counter. I play that, in theory to top m opponant from using that artifact. Instead, the AI just keep using it, as if nothing was wrong, even to the point of tapping it to attack me, while giving itself it's 10th and final poison counter...Now I do tmind that they are still using the card(that is not hurting me, I still usually win) but it does kinda beg the question of what exactly is driving the AI to do it. Is the AI just not paying attention to Poison?
bladefallcon

Postby PowerClaws » 02 Jan 2013, 05:12

I know that this is just something small, and in many cases, never going to be used, but could there be a way to order the formats show up in the deck editor? at the moment, it shows the formats, then sets, both sorted alphabetically.
What id like to do, is have the formats, then blocks, and sets, i can add the blocks to the format list file, but then the blocks are sorted with the different formats
Thanks
PowerClaws

Postby bladefallcon » 07 Jan 2013, 02:37

Would be nice to have the ability to not just remove 1 or 4 copies of a card in the deck editor, but also to add 1 or 4 copies, without having to search through the database for it. I know I can go to the filter and type in the card name, but wouldn't it be nice if I could just load the deck, click the card I want to add/remove from the deck, and simply add a number of copies to it.

Example: I have a deck, and I play it a few times, and there is a card I have in there that is really good, but doesn't come out easily, as I only had one copy of it in the deck. It would be nice to load the deck in editor, and simply click that card and add 3 more to the deck. Without having to use the search/filter function to find it in the card database first.
bladefallcon

Postby Ebrajin » 07 Jan 2013, 09:47

I have one minor request regarding Quest Mode: After 50 winnings, the limit of getting max. 1000 gold for selling a card disappears, which breakes, for me, the balance of the quest mode as one expensive card gained via ante can give you 100,000 or even more gold. Would it be possible to add a function to allow players to set the gold per card cap manually or something like that (comparable to being able to set the number of permanents, starting money etc)? If this is already possible and I just didn't find the way to do it I would appreciate a hint.

btw: Thanks for the great work you are doing with Forge =D>
Ebrajin

Postby noxxle » 08 Jan 2013, 20:26

How about a tablet mode for touch screens? This can be done by requiring a double click for many of the things that a single click normally does. A single click instead functions as if floating the mouse cursor over the UI. Very handy for previewing cards. Shouldn't be hard to implement. I believe Magarena already has this feature.
noxxle

Postby Boom2010 » 12 Jan 2013, 19:30

With the already extensive list of available decks available in the decks subforum, combined with the new quest world functionality, it would be useful to have the capabilty to search/filter/check validity (edit: of all decks at the same time) gainst specific set/s or card criteria.
Last edited by Boom2010 on 12 Jan 2013, 23:54, edited 1 time in total.
Boom2010

Postby Zirbert » 12 Jan 2013, 22:41

I'd like to be able to se whether I have extra turns queued up, and if so, how many. Maybe it could be placed on the Command Zone screen. It's very easy to lose track with a Lighthouse Chronologist / Time Stretch / Magistrate's Scepter deck.
Zirbert

Postby schnautzr » 15 Jan 2013, 03:27

Two requests:

*Some intuitive way to untap lands when the playing field is enchanted by Winter Orb (if there is a way, I haven't found it yet)
*A way to tell which Ice Floe you are untapping when the dialogue box appears asking whether you'd like to untap it. If one Ice Floe no longer has a creature under it, I want to select that one, not the one trapping a 20/20 indestructible creature.
schnautzr

Postby bladefallcon » 15 Jan 2013, 03:35

schnautzr wrote:Two requests:

*A way to tell which Ice Floe you are untapping when the dialogue box appears asking whether you'd like to untap it. If one Ice Floe no longer has a creature under it, I want to select that one, not the one trapping a 20/20 indestructible creature.
When it pops up to ask you if you want to untap it, it should give you a card ID number. This is unique for every card on the field or in decks. Just mouse over the card on the field, and look in the "Card Detail" box in the upper right corner. The Card ID number should be there as well. Thus, you know which is being activated.
bladefallcon

Postby mahan21 » 15 Jan 2013, 05:14

It would be nice if the GUI of Forge is compatible with other screen resolutions. :)
mahan21

Postby timmermac » 15 Jan 2013, 18:21

mahan21 wrote:It would be nice if the GUI of Forge is compatible with other screen resolutions. :)
Please specify what you mean. I've played it from a resolution as low as 1024x768 up to my current resolution of 1360x768 with no problems, and I've heard of other screen resolutions used with ease as well.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby schnautzr » 15 Jan 2013, 23:04

bladefallcon wrote:
schnautzr wrote:Two requests:

When it pops up to ask you if you want to untap it, it should give you a card ID number. This is unique for every card on the field or in decks. Just mouse over the card on the field, and look in the "Card Detail" box in the upper right corner. The Card ID number should be there as well. Thus, you know which is being activated.
I looked for an ID number in the dialogue but couldn't find one.
schnautzr

Postby timmermac » 15 Jan 2013, 23:10

The card detail panel is the one that has the all-text version of the card you are hovering over with your mouse. The card id is displayed to the left of the set code.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Chris H. » 15 Jan 2013, 23:51

timmermac wrote:
mahan21 wrote:It would be nice if the GUI of Forge is compatible with other screen resolutions. :)
Please specify what you mean. I've played it from a resolution as low as 1024x768 up to my current resolution of 1360x768 with no problems, and I've heard of other screen resolutions used with ease as well.

He is the one that is using forge on a netbook that is limited to 600 pixels tall. I just checked in a fix that should take care of the problem.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Postby serrasmurf » 17 Jan 2013, 14:33

friarsol wrote:Any new game modes in Quest will come at some point. They have just barely been finished, so we want some time to iron them out before implementing them there. They probably will only appear as Special Challenges.
That's good news!

It is also great to be able to planeswalk to Shandalar now.
With all this new functionality it becomes much clearer how the Forge quest could end up. I was wondering if you developers have a vision for Quest to guide all the great development (I’m manager, not a programmer as you can tell by this :D ).

My vision for Quest:

BECOME THE ALL-FORMAT ALL-PLANE MAGIC MASTER!

To become that, the following adventures must be completed:
• Planeswalk to all magic planes. Planes define deck building restrictions (cards that can be used) features (can you play for ante and with pets) and AI opponent decks. Every plane has 3 types of things to do: ordinary opponents, challenges & tournaments. You complete a Plane adventure when you:
-> win 10 regular matches
-> complete the local challenges : special opponents & 1 or more of the following tournament types
- sealed
- draft
- pauper
- free for all (archenemy/vanguard, etc)
- commander
- constructed
• There is also a main plane (Dominion?) with more (total) card availability and major adventures. There you should complete:
-> Win 100 regular matches
-> complete the challenges
-> win 3 draft Cubes
-> win 3 standard tournaments, you can pick any historical standard environment (unlocks after you've completed the corresponding planes)
-> win a Modern tournament
-> win a Legacy tournament
Some of the last major adventures in the main plane could be done at once in a world championship setting where you can play against Kai Buddha & Luis Scotch Vargo :D

When this basic framework is in place you still have all these modules that are easy to develop further. And all the magic planes can be enriched with opponents, challenges, flavour, etc. and be build one by one to spread the work (as you started with shandalar).

I guess it will be a truckload of work to tie all Forge current functionality together to enable this (play a draft within a quest..). But most functionality and ideas are already there. Here 2 issues I haven't seen posted by others that pop up with me now:
• Are AI decks also programmed on a deck level or only on card level? If only the latter then it will be relatively easy to import historical netdecklists into quest and create 1000+ opponent AI decks (e.g. for all historical standard tournaments). A filter for decks containing cards the AI can’t play properly would of course be necessary
• It should be a bit easier to get 2 or 3 copies of a certain important rare. It is tough now to develop your deck properly without going over the top with ante etc. An elegant way would be a bazaar item you can buy once in a while that enables you to buy an extra copy of a rare you already have

Thnx for all the great Dev work!
KR
serrasmurf

PreviousNext

Return to Forge