It is currently 04 Jun 2024, 02:59

Text Size

Feature Requests Thread

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Re: Feature Requests Thread

Postby Sirspud » 12 Mar 2015, 11:16

Would it be possible to implement deck stats such as Win/Loss Percentage & Game wins/losses? The concept of adding goals to quest mode with this idea made me think of a challenge quest mode where you set a Win threshold and whichever deck(s) reach it are automatically deleted and the cards sold. This way you're constantly challenged to build new and interesting decks and your collection is never static for very long.

In terms of implementation stats could simply be appended to the .dck file after a game and stats could be view-able in the deck editor or could be another metric to sort by for piles or groups.
Sirspud

Postby Darkholme » 13 Mar 2015, 09:51

allas wrote:Maybe I'm blind but I don't see the option to load a Commander Deck unless it's saved as .dck file, clicking on the name don't open the Editor
There's a button to open the commander deck editor. From within the editor, you can either open a commander deck or build one from scratch. I built two from scratch based on our tabletop groups' decklists just yesterday.
Darkholme

Postby Darkholme » 13 Mar 2015, 19:13

I'd love to see Vector-Based Rendering (Using Crops & a handful of vector-based High-Res Templates, and some variation on the JaceBeleren font) rather than fulls for every card, and have the cards specify which template they want used, and the piece of art to use with it. Then the art would be automatically scaled to fit the art-box of the template.

The game's install would be much smaller, and it would take much less RAM (and therefore run better on lower end machines), and you'd get consistently better looking cards. If you don't have a hi-res image for a specific card, the only part that wouldn't be crisp would be the artwork.

Bonus points if you could:
1. Choose which card template set you want to use for all cards.
2. Use the card template set that matches the edition of card you're using.
and
3. Add in SVG files for new templates.
4. Choose whether to display the original text, or the most up to date text from Gatherer. (The up to date text would be the preferred default).

I know it's not essential to Forge functioning, but I think it would be a nice improvement.
Darkholme

Postby Phlyghtt79 » 18 Mar 2015, 18:23

I am loving this program! It's so much fun and I get to test the decks I have built in Cockatrice before I play against real folk. It's great to practice my builds this way so people don't get upset when I take a little longer than they would like to think my moves through.
At this time, I am playing Standard format. I am having a great time. I love that I can choose which format of preconstructed deck the AI plays with. I can test my Standard format deck vs. other Standard format decks.
I only have a few minor complaints. The program slows and/or crashes way too often. What can I expect from freeware, though, huh? Perhaps the problem could also be the piece of crap laptop that I play on. This junker is very clean and I keep it well maintained, nevertheless it is old and not very powerful at all. It is a Dell Inspiron 2200 (Intel 915 GM/GMS, Intel Celeron M 1.4GHz processor, 1.24 Gigs of RAM, running Windows XP Home SP3, 60 Gig Hard Drive). I have the last updated version of Java 7 installed. I wonder if there is anything though that I can do to make Forge run smoother?
I got really upset this morning as I was to earn the uncommon achievement for finishing game with more life than I start with and the program crashed again. This is the second time I should have gotten this achievement. The first time was by dealing lifelink damage to opponent and apparently the damage was dealt BEFORE I gained life(not at the same time as I thought would happen - I am still quite a MTG newb and don't know all the rulings about this kind of thing). I start to think this is deliberate crash (the program hates me and doesn't want me to be happy, lol) but I know that's just me being a paranoid Rob (they put listening devices in our cheese, you know?).
The fact that players can now earn achievements for incredible feats is a very cool addition to this game! I love it. It makes Forge so much more fun. Something I think would be incredibly cool (maybe it's already there and I'm just not aware of it) is to be able to keep track (in the achievements screen) of the decks that the player earned the acheivement(s) with.
I would like to play a Standard quest mode (in a Standard World, if you like) and would like the same opportunity to make the AI play only Pauper or Peasant formatted decks and be able to do a quest in Pauper or Peasant format also (in Pauper or Peasant World(s), if you like).
Sorry for such a long speal. You might of lost me half way through my rantings. Oh well, just getting all this off my chest. Have a great day! Thank yous to all the plotters, planners, and developers of MTG Forge! This program rocks!
Phlyghtt79

Postby tooeasy1075 » 19 Mar 2015, 03:20

I have all my IRL cards in forge (as a deck). Request you guys add the ability to create a custom "set" for deck building. Thanks
tooeasy1075

Postby Zirbert » 19 Mar 2015, 21:29

Sometimes when I use an ability like Cemetery Reaper's that lets me choose a target in any graveyard, I can't tell where the split is between my graveyard and the AI's, so I have to cancel, check the graveyards, and re-activate. It would be nice to have a divider in that popup list ("Zirbert's Graveyard" / "<AI-name>'s Graveyard").
Zirbert

Postby timmermac » 23 Mar 2015, 17:56

Phlyghtt79 wrote:I am loving this program! It's so much fun and I get to test the decks I have built in Cockatrice before I play against real folk. It's great to practice my builds this way so people don't get upset when I take a little longer than they would like to think my moves through.
At this time, I am playing Standard format. I am having a great time. I love that I can choose which format of preconstructed deck the AI plays with. I can test my Standard format deck vs. other Standard format decks.
I only have a few minor complaints. The program slows and/or crashes way too often. What can I expect from freeware, though, huh? Perhaps the problem could also be the piece of crap laptop that I play on. This junker is very clean and I keep it well maintained, nevertheless it is old and not very powerful at all. It is a Dell Inspiron 2200 (Intel 915 GM/GMS, Intel Celeron M 1.4GHz processor, 1.24 Gigs of RAM, running Windows XP Home SP3, 60 Gig Hard Drive). I have the last updated version of Java 7 installed. I wonder if there is anything though that I can do to make Forge run smoother?
I got really upset this morning as I was to earn the uncommon achievement for finishing game with more life than I start with and the program crashed again. This is the second time I should have gotten this achievement. The first time was by dealing lifelink damage to opponent and apparently the damage was dealt BEFORE I gained life(not at the same time as I thought would happen - I am still quite a MTG newb and don't know all the rulings about this kind of thing). I start to think this is deliberate crash (the program hates me and doesn't want me to be happy, lol) but I know that's just me being a paranoid Rob (they put listening devices in our cheese, you know?).
The fact that players can now earn achievements for incredible feats is a very cool addition to this game! I love it. It makes Forge so much more fun. Something I think would be incredibly cool (maybe it's already there and I'm just not aware of it) is to be able to keep track (in the achievements screen) of the decks that the player earned the acheivement(s) with.
I would like to play a Standard quest mode (in a Standard World, if you like) and would like the same opportunity to make the AI play only Pauper or Peasant formatted decks and be able to do a quest in Pauper or Peasant format also (in Pauper or Peasant World(s), if you like).
Sorry for such a long speal. You might of lost me half way through my rantings. Oh well, just getting all this off my chest. Have a great day! Thank yous to all the plotters, planners, and developers of MTG Forge! This program rocks!
You may not have sufficient RAM to play Forge. I would consider 2 GB to be an absolute minimum.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Postby Fizanko » 23 Mar 2015, 18:47

For the crashes and heavy slowdown, you should always report when it happens (with the error message Forge display to you) if you ever hope those problems to be fixed.

Now for performance, instead of using only HQ picture, try using lower resolution ones, it can certainly be helpful when you're not having a lots of RAM
probably outdated by now so you should avoid : Innistrad world for Forge (updated 17/11/2014)
Duel Decks for Forge - Forge custom decks (updated 25/10/2014)
Fizanko
Tester

Postby Stampedo » 25 Mar 2015, 16:03

- Add a search function when a card has the ability the search a card through the deck during play. (i.e. Demonic Tutor or else)
- When importing a deck, basic lands don't have pictures. I have to remove them, then re-add them manually (a bit tedious). Just wondering if there's a workaround.
- Could be interesting if I could also replace the visuals of a card that is already in a deck without having to remove it and re-add it manually. (if that's already possible I haven't found how).
- Add a prompt for Phylactery Lich when placing the counter, there's no reason not to place a counter on an artifact, sometimes I tend to double click by accident and the card ends in the graveyard...
Stampedo

Postby Roadie » 27 Mar 2015, 16:05

I have a card-specific request.

When Puca's Mischief is in play, the game will first ask you for the two targets, then ask if you want to swap them.

This should be the other way around, both to reduce annoyance and to avoid the game getting stuck... since, if you don't have a valid pair of targets on the field, there's no way to cancel out of the automatic selection!

Stampedo wrote:- When importing a deck, basic lands don't have pictures. I have to remove them, then re-add them manually (a bit tedious). Just wondering if there's a workaround.
This is probably because it's defaulting to adding lands from whatever the latest set is that has them, which at the moment seems to be one of the Duel Decks packs, which doesn't have LQ images available for download.

What I'd suggest there is a dropdown selection when importing that lets you pick where lands come from: "latest base set, intro pack, or draft pack" as the default (the latter options are necessary since base sets will be going away with the two-block paradigm), "specific set" (with a second box to pick a set), or "Zendikar full art lands". If/when Forge adds limited set support for them, "Unhinged full art lands", "Unglued full art lands", and "Guru lands" could also be added as useful aesthetic options.
Roadie

Postby friarsol » 27 Mar 2015, 16:37

Roadie wrote:When Puca's Mischief is in play, the game will first ask you for the two targets, then ask if you want to swap them.

This should be the other way around, both to reduce annoyance and to avoid the game getting stuck... since, if you don't have a valid pair of targets on the field, there's no way to cancel out of the automatic selection!
Well, that's not true. The optional part of triggers happens on resolution. The targeting part of triggers happens before it goes on the stack. This is important for cards like Frost Walker.

I'm not sure if there's a way to pre-filter out cards that don't have a valid match for your first target (so you don't get stuck without a match).
friarsol
Global Moderator

Postby correioalternativo » 03 Apr 2015, 06:10

Add "containing cards" to deck search, like deckbox.org does: http://deckbox.org/decks/mtg.

Containing cards.png
example
Containing cards.png (8.67 KiB) Viewed 5011 times
correioalternativo

Postby correioalternativo » 05 Apr 2015, 00:15

"Trade Decks" button: e.g., AI played Sligh and I played Stompy, after "Trade Decks" AI will play Stompy and I will play Sligh.
correioalternativo

Postby correioalternativo » 09 Apr 2015, 00:28

"View Deck" and Deck Editor "Image View" (List View x Image View): white border cards have black borders.
Attachments
borders.png
correioalternativo

Postby leadint » 12 Apr 2015, 02:14

I would like to see the removal of the hard coded integer limits in the difficulty adjustment under quest preferences, as well as a additional setting called "custom"

Currently rows "Wins for Rank Increase" through "Starting Rares" are coded to be caped at 100. Starting Credits is coded to be capped at 500.

Leadint
leadint

PreviousNext

Return to Forge