It is currently 26 Apr 2024, 05:20

Text Size

Forge on Mac OS - Resetting preferences/parameters

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Forge on Mac OS - Resetting preferences/parameters

Postby chouchoutrain » 25 Dec 2013, 06:19

As you can see from the screenshot, I have somehow mistakenly positioned the game window out of the screen, and I cannot drag the window back in again because I cannot click on the upper menu bar.
For other applications, what I do is go to Window => Zoom. However, to run the latest version of forge on Mac, I open forge.command using Terminal, and the "Main" program does not have Window => Zoom task. Unlike the Windows version, I cannot use any shift+rightclick, right arrow or any keyboard shortcuts that I can think of. Plus, erasing the forge file and reinstalling it does not seem to reset the window either, since somehow the window setting, as well as decks and other settings, seem to be saved elsewhere that I cannot locate. Erasing all files on my computer labelled "window.xml" does not fix this issue.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2013-12-24 at 1.09.57 PM.png
chouchoutrain

Re: Forge on Mac OS - Resetting preferences/parameters

Postby Chris H. » 25 Dec 2013, 16:33

Press F11 to enter full screen mode.

On my Mac Forge will appear to become unresposive so I then press Command Q to quit Forge. I can then relaunch Forge and the title bar should then be visable.
Chris H.
Forge Moderator

Re: Forge on Mac OS - Resetting preferences/parameters

Postby chouchoutrain » 26 Dec 2013, 18:54

Thank you for the reply, Chris!
Unfortunately, I was unable to fix the issue by fn+F11 full screen mode (which I required me to first untoggle the "F11 Show Desktop" Mission Control). However, I was able to reset the window setting by deleting both window.xml and preference files, open the program once to generate an error screen, and then add back the redownloaded window.xml and preference files. The issue with the main window is that I can drag it all the way up such that the forge main window menu bar lies completely under the Mac menu bar.
chouchoutrain

Return to Forge