It is currently 25 Apr 2024, 18:08

Text Size

BUG: Nivmagus Elemental

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

BUG: Nivmagus Elemental

Postby ianufyrebird » 24 Mar 2014, 13:12

Description:
On my field was a Martyr of Frost, a Ninja of the Deep Hours (tapped), a Nivmagus Elemental, an Aether Vial with 5 counters, an Aether Vial with 4 counters, four Islands (tapped), and a Wasteland.
The opponent's field was four tapped Plains, 2 tapped Islands, 1 untapped Island, 1 untapped Cenn's Tactician, and 1 tapped Burrenton Bombardier.
My hand was a single Force of Will.
On the stack was a Martyr of Frost (controlled by me), and a Daze, targetting the Martyr of Frost (also controlled by me). I used Nivmagus Elemental's ability to exile the Daze, and Forge crashed.

This is the third time that Nivmagus Elemental's ability has crashed Forge for me, though it does not always happen. I'm not certain exactly what causes it.

NullPointerException | Open
Code: Select all
Forge Version:    1.5.12-r${forge.revision}${forge.specialStatus} (mixed revisions detected; please update from the root directory)
Operating System: Windows 7 6.1 amd64
Java Version:     1.7.0_51 Oracle Corporation

java.lang.NullPointerException
   at forge.game.zone.MagicStack.remove(MagicStack.java:746)
   at forge.game.cost.CostExile.doPayment(CostExile.java:213)
   at forge.game.cost.CostPartWithList.executePayment(CostPartWithList.java:97)
   at forge.game.cost.CostPartWithList.executePayment(CostPartWithList.java:109)
   at forge.game.cost.CostPartWithList.payAsDecided(CostPartWithList.java:126)
   at forge.game.cost.CostPayment.payCost(CostPayment.java:139)
   at forge.gui.player.HumanPlaySpellAbility.playAbility(HumanPlaySpellAbility.java:80)
   at forge.gui.player.HumanPlay.playSpellAbility(HumanPlay.java:128)
   at forge.gui.player.PlayerControllerHuman.playChosenSpellAbility(PlayerControllerHuman.java:695)
   at forge.game.phase.PhaseHandler.startFirstTurn(PhaseHandler.java:982)
   at forge.game.GameAction.startGame(GameAction.java:1502)
   at forge.game.Match.startGame(Match.java:90)
   at forge.control.FControl$4.run(FControl.java:449)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
   at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
   at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
ianufyrebird

Re: BUG: Nivmagus Elemental

Postby friarsol » 24 Mar 2014, 14:02

It looks like you are using an old version of Forge (1.5.12 vs 1.5.14). Please use the latest version of Forge when reporting bugs, since I Believe this particular issue with Nivmagus Elemental was resolved. In addition, please read the link in my signature for how we recommend users post issues. You do report a lot of the board state (which is good), but it might have some other general tips you may find useful.

Most specifically, we prefer issues get posted in the release thread, since it's easier to tell what release the issue is happening and it also allows users to look through that thread to see if other people have reported the same issue and have had it commented upon.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Re: BUG: Nivmagus Elemental

Postby ianufyrebird » 25 Mar 2014, 21:41

I updated to the latest version (v.1.5.14).

Someone had posted in the release thread that the ability was working correctly, but even in the latest version, I was able to reproduce the bug. I posted a comment in the appropriate thread. :)
ianufyrebird

Return to Forge