It is currently 27 Apr 2024, 01:11

Text Size

AI cant play these cards well

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

AI cant play these cards well

Postby knightowl71 » 25 Mar 2014, 18:34

I get this message while playing my standard constructed decks. I see that the cards are from newer sets. Is this something that the AI learns or will be addressed in future updates?

Thank you
knightowl71

Re: AI cant play these cards well

Postby excessum » 27 Mar 2014, 01:44

The cards are updated on the whims of the developers unless it causes crashes the game or if enough people complain about it. Certain cards such as those with sacrifice costs (Judge's Familiar) or requiring metagame knowledge (Pithing Needle) will probably never be addressed due to limitations of the AI system.

On a positive note, the AI can use some of the cards that are marked AI-unplayable such as Devour Flesh and Xenagos, the Reveler. For the current Standard metagame, the AI is capable of playing Mono B, Monu U (minus Judge's Familiar and Rapid Hybridization) and UW/Esper Control as that is the gauntlet I use for testing with when making random brews. RG Monsters should be playable soon when the "fight" AI is officially updated (Domri Rade). The various burn variants should also be playable just that the AI is too conservative with suicide-attacking to bring the opponent into burn range so that is more of a general AI issue.
excessum

Return to Forge