It is currently 19 Apr 2024, 21:54

Text Size

Color Bias?

Moderators: timmermac, Blacksmith, KrazyTheFox, Agetian, friarsol, CCGHQ Admins

Color Bias?

Postby timmermac » 06 Apr 2014, 16:16

Can someone explain how the color bias in a starting pool is supposed to work? I chose red, and was expecting most (> 60%) of the 150 common/uncommon/rare cards that went into my starting pool would be red. Instead, I'm pretty sure it wasn't even 1/3 of the pool.
"I just woke up, haven't had coffee, let alone a pee in 7 days, and I find out you stole my ass and made a ...mini-me! Carter, I should be irked currently, yes?" - Jack O'Neill
timmermac
Tester

Re: Color Bias?

Postby friarsol » 06 Apr 2014, 16:55

timmermac wrote:Can someone explain how the color bias in a starting pool is supposed to work? I chose red, and was expecting most (> 60%) of the 150 common/uncommon/rare cards that went into my starting pool would be red. Instead, I'm pretty sure it wasn't even 1/3 of the pool.
I think the percentage is based on your quest preference color bias setting (1 lowest, 10 highest). While it's based on the number, that doesn't mean is 60% however.

It's certainly biasing the new quest, I just started one, and I have 43 Red cards, and about 12-15 in any other color. So that's about 40% of the biased color.

Glancing quickly at the code the way it seems to work is take the normal distribution and adjusts it by doing the following:

Normal Distribution = 1 Multicolor, 3 Colorless, 4 of Each Color. Randomizes this list and loops through this to generate roughly even distribution of each rarity.

Biased Distribtuion = 1 Multicolor, 2 Colorless, 3 of Each Color, X of Biased Color, where X is either the Biased value (or related to the Biased value). Which comes out of the boc as 6.
friarsol
Global Moderator

Return to Forge